RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How early...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:18 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How early...

Should you start your kids on R/C and video games?

Old 01-24-2006, 01:35 AM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: How early...

Looks to me like you started a little to late...
Old 01-24-2006, 01:36 AM
dustin7837

LOL. Develop those hand eye coordination skills early on.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:42 AM
-SomeGuy-

Hey you never know, your kid could be like this one
http://media.putfile.com/38-Months-O...-on-AeroFlyPro
Old 01-24-2006, 02:42 AM
RenegadeRevo

LOL... well, when she was born I wanted to get a shot of her with the radio... but never did... now that I see that one... I realize that the radio was probably bigger than she was... LOL... she's 3 months old... I'm trying to teach her well... I tried to convince the wifey to let me get her a mini... but... it was no dice. LOL
Old 01-24-2006, 10:51 AM
karlracing
My Feedback: (9)

holy sh_ _ t that kid can fly!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
blackrain

my son is 2 and he loves my trucks i keep my stuff in a closet and when i crack the door open him and my 10 month old son always come running. only problem i have is when i want to work on my stuff i have to wait till there asleep because a 30 minute job takes me 3 hours when there awake. they are all over my stuff. the 2 year old already plays a gameboy we got him for christmas because his other cousins have one and we got tired of him trying to fight them for there gameboy. he can do a few moves and stuff other than that he will threaten you to play and if you dont he will throw it across the room. but when i start my trucks up he runs for the hills he hates the sound
Old 01-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

My youngest son crawls around and chases my Minis around when I am indoors. If he grabs one, he won't put it down. Kind of like a hazard- makes it fun. My oldest got his first RC truck for Christmas- a takeoff of the Tamiya QD Trail Master that I got off of Ebay for $35. He likes it, and for almost 4 years old, he can drive it pretty good.

My Jack Russell Terrier LOVES to chase my big Nitros around, and she can keep up pretty good. She will literally run herself silly, I think one time she chased my old Tmaxx through 2 or 3 tanks and she could hardly move the next day. Pure instinct on her part since she was bred for hunting foxes and things.

Oh, that's definitely not too young!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:02 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started both of my kids at age 4. My son started with cheap radio shack and tyco stuff 3 years ago, but my daughter started last christmas with an RC18MT. My son turned 7 last year and I got him his first nitro RC, a CEN ATX buggy. I of course bought myself a nitro truck so we could do drive together.

Another question would be how early do you turn them loose with a big block Revo?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:14 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: alvinl
Another question would be how early do you turn them loose with a big block Revo?
When they're old enough to pay for replacement parts when they go WOT in 2nd gear into a curb...
Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Well, that could be awhile.... though i started working when i was 10... refereeing soccer, keep your fingers crossed
lol
Old 01-24-2006, 07:32 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: nicholsm04

Well, that could be awhile.... though i started working when i was 10... refereeing soccer, keep your fingers crossed
lol
LOL... well, no one said anything about getting a MiniLST for her... I'll have to see what her mom thinks.. she wants her to be a "girly girl" but... I want her to be a daddy's girl... and a tom-boy...
Old 01-24-2006, 07:44 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

ORIGINAL: alvinl
When they're old enough to pay for replacement parts when they go WOT in 2nd gear into a curb...
Being only 7 he has limited resources. But I did make him buy a new top. He trashed the old one and I patched it up but he insisted he needed a new one. So, I told him if he wants a new one he needed to buy one. He had $50 of birthday money left and he bought a new top for the Revo. But, I generally cover all repairs.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:14 PM
RayRayraycer20

Never too young...The wife bought me a Mini T for christmas...Just to play in the house during the winter...Both my girls have taken it over!! ages 6 and 8...all the do is fight over it Oh yea babe their hooked!! The wife doesnt even know what she started Both girls will be gettin mini's for their birthdays.....Just the beginning!!!! Giddy up!!

and btw....that kid can fly!!! Now I'm lookin into a flight simulator for the PC....man see how this is addicting...once you see it ...Ya gotta have it.
Good luck with your daughter Revofamily. The wife will come around
Old 01-24-2006, 11:18 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

It has to be in the blood of those things. My neighbors have a jack russel terrier and it ALWAYS barks and chase' my RC's whenever I am driving out front of the house. LOL

I sometimes drive up in the yard a bit and the dog gets mad as heck and tries to run down the truck.

The jack's fast, but not as fast as a Jammin Picco .27
ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

My youngest son crawls around and chases my Minis around when I am indoors. If he grabs one, he won't put it down. Kind of like a hazard- makes it fun. My oldest got his first RC truck for Christmas- a takeoff of the Tamiya QD Trail Master that I got off of Ebay for $35. He likes it, and for almost 4 years old, he can drive it pretty good.

My Jack Russell Terrier LOVES to chase my big Nitros around, and she can keep up pretty good. She will literally run herself silly, I think one time she chased my old Tmaxx through 2 or 3 tanks and she could hardly move the next day. Pure instinct on her part since she was bred for hunting foxes and things.

Oh, that's definitely not too young!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:30 PM
A.B.U

Woah I never knew ya had a daughter. Congrats. The radio is almost as big as her, too.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:30 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

Woah I never knew ya had a daughter. Congrats. The radio is almost as big as her, too.
LOL... yup... and thanks... she's 3 months old... and the best thing that's ever happened to me... (other than my Revo... of course )
Old 01-25-2006, 07:57 PM
nicholsm04

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

ORIGINAL: nicholsm04

lol
LOL... well, no one said anything about getting a MiniLST for her... I'll have to see what her mom thinks.. she wants her to be a "girly girl" but... I want her to be a daddy's girl... and a tom-boy...
lol, my sister is kinda like that, she always gets into my R/C's and is fooling around with them.. (i have several XMOD's). its funny because, she uses the XMODS more than i do.. LOL
Old 01-26-2006, 11:45 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kids now a days are born for RC stuff. My nephew never flew a plane in his life he got on the flight simulator, and it was like he had been flying planes for years. I think they got us old guys because of all the video games they play, it really seems to sharpen hand/eye coordination.

Better watch out the kids will be out flying and driving all of you before there 10 years old
Old 01-27-2006, 12:00 AM
MBX5T Maniac

I don't think the kid was flying. I mean, doesn't the simulator controller have a wire connecting it to the PC? If not, then he's awesome. Because whatever he had in his hands wasn't connected to anything
Old 01-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

If you watch the very beginning of the video, there appears to be a cord stretching across the right hand side of the blanket/pillow that the boy is sitting on. At the end, it does look like a shadow. However, it doesn't mean that a cord isn't running underneath the blanket/pillow. I guess you can always email them for a direct answer as to whether or not the boy was actually flying or not.

In addition, here is the link to the RCU Review regarding the sim program.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=382
Old 01-27-2006, 12:22 AM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

If you watch the very beginning of the video, there appears to be a cord stretching across the right hand side of the blanket/pillow that the boy is sitting on.

Awwww man!!! That is like someone telling you how the magician did the trick!! LOL

Good catch.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Some of the guys I know started racing cars around 4 and 5--Hara, Ashton. I also just checked one of my friend's website for a photo of his son using an Airtronics M8, but I guess he took it down. He's only about 4 or 5 now, but the last time I saw him he had no problem getting around a track.