Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Electric or Nitro

Old 02-17-2006, 05:56 PM
_I_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric or Nitro

I have never owned a hobby quality rc but driven many and I wanted to know should i go electric or nitro?

I dont want to have to much of a hassle with a first truck so what do you guys think I should get? A few trucks I have been looking at are the traxxas sport maxx, cen racings magnum nx, or for electric the e maxx. And how are getting parts from cen? These are all within the price I want to pay.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:02 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: Electric or Nitro

If you want hassle free.. definately go with Electric. But if you can take th minor hassles of nitro, it deffinaely pays off to hear the engine screeeeeeeeeeeam!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:47 PM
snoop1050

go nitro ,you might have some small issues seeing as its your first ,but there alot more fun than electric.

unless you not very bright you shouldnt have any problems you cant solve with a little forum help
Old 02-17-2006, 07:00 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

How much ya Looking to Spend?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Mekong

I started with electric stampede about 2 years ago, I still love the truck, upgraded to a SS5800 brushless and it flys! Its so light that the thing never breaks and when it does its really easy to fix, I can really beat this thing up and its much cheaper to fix than a nitro.

In my opinion start electric, emaxx is great, but I wanted a truck I can really beat the .... out of.

I just got a warhead, its fun but alot more of a pain in the rear than the pede!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:07 PM
gm72

Start with electric. Much less maintenance and "fiddling" than with nitro. No engine to tune and fewer parts to have to worry about. If you like electric, you may eventually want to go nitro, but starting simple and working your way up is usually the best practice.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:10 AM
_I_

I looking to spend 300-400 bucks

but id get a stampede so there would be plenty left for upgrades, replacements etc...
Old 02-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Bria1

For electric, you could go with an E-Maxx, E-Zilla, or Stampede with a modified motor and still have good speed.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:46 AM
_I_

if i go electric ill go e maxx because ive heard the e zilla is hard to get parts for

If i go nitro ill probably get cen's magnum nx, has anyone owned a magnum? how are they? parts?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:52 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a CEN MT2. It's kind of the beta version of the Magnum. Parts are plentiful online. Noone local to me carries them. You can get parts delivered quickly from customrccars.com, headrushhobbies.com, toyhaus,com or ehobbies.com. These are the places I have ordered from. Ehobbies used to have a LOT of CEN stuff and at very good prices. Lately, they have had a sparse selection of parts. Custom RC Cars has great prices and very good service. But, they don't have all the parts listed on their website. Toyhaus has everything CEN, but you can expect to pay retail prices. Just order spares of whatever breaks and you will be OK.

ORIGINAL: _I_

if i go electric ill go e maxx because ive heard the e zilla is hard to get parts for

If i go nitro ill probably get cen's magnum nx, has anyone owned a magnum? how are they? parts?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: _I_

I have an E-Maxx. It is a good truck and not as weak as everyone says they are. I run mine hard too.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Nitro MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for the E maxx.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:44 PM
_I_

great thanks for the info!