Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Cen Genesis versus Savage 4.6 SS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen Genesis versus Savage 4.6 SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:57 PM
jerseyjeep2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Genesis versus Savage 4.6 SS

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have a Tmaxx2.5 with a few hop ups (aluminum bulkheads, RPM A arms, hump pack, blah blah blah) I was hoping to use the collective intelligence of the group to make a decision on which new truck to get. I have narrowed my choice to the Genesis or the Savage 4.6 SS. Opinions or facts on problems or good points on these 2 straight trucks will be greatly appreciated. Whichever I choose will be new and I will be making a few minor mods before they hit the ground. Thanks for the input and keep on racin' and bashin'.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:21 PM
michelob78

Default RE: Cen Genesis versus Savage 4.6 SS

Well there are major differences in your two choices.

Genesis.
1. .46 Engine
2 RTR
3 Mx-3 Radio
4 3spd
5 Center Diff
6 10 shocks
7 7.5inch Tires

Savage.
1. .28
2. Kit
3. Not included
4. 2spd
5. No center diff
6. 8 shocks
7. 5.7inch Tires

So you have to pick what features you want, and what you want from your RC.....Cen's aftermarket support is pretty bad, the savage's is great. If your LHS does not carry cen you are going to have to mail order everything.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
RC30GTR

I say go with the Genesis. The SS is a kit and with the additonal stuff you need, you will be spending way more than the cost of genesis. Plus the SS isnt as nicely equipped as the Genesis.

I have a genesis and loving it. I can literally pull a savage around or drive it over. Genesis has that much power...
Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 PM
jerseyjeep2003

Are there any problems with the Genesis? I heard they had some issues with the early models. Any weak points, or major breakage items?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:42 AM
RC30GTR

I had mine for seveal months now. No issue so far and still going strong. Still eating Savage for lucnh and revo for dinner....

Very often, People just doesnt realize that a truck will break when you run into a pole/wall, then they get frustred and bad mouth a product because they spend $600 and broke it (due to their own stupidity)
Old 02-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Supertronic Systems-Malta

I had mine for seveal months now. No issue so far and still going strong. Still eating Savage for lucnh and revo for dinner....

Very often, People just doesnt realize that a truck will break when you run into a pole/wall, then they get frustred and bad mouth a product because they spend $600 and broke it (due to their own stupidity)

RC30GTR YOU ARE RIGHT!
Old 02-24-2006, 05:03 PM
MI66

Check out the new savage X its better than the SS and its RTR for the same price.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:31 AM
mjviking

i would hope so the cen is pushing like 5 horses right. the revo stock at best is 1 hp. so do the math. not to mention the cen is alot bigger than both
Old 02-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

I'd recommend the Nemesis vs the Genesis, this way you would still have the features of the Gen with a little more that it doesn't. Plus it has a better ability to race than either the SS or Gen. The Savage X may be a better choice though over the SS too. But I like the NEMESIS. Just my 2cents worth though, let us know what you choose.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
jerseyjeep2003

OK, I made my purchase, and much to everybody's dismay, I went with the Savage SS. Several factors made the choice for me, one being the price ($360 no tax or shipping) 2nd, I already had tx, rx + servos and everything else that I need. Plus, there seems to be an absence of hobby shops that carry any Cen products in my area. So the Savage 4.6 it is, I just hope that it performs up to my expectations. Thanx to all for the input, I'll keep you all posted on performance and hop up progress.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:57 PM
A1Viper

Good choice The Genesis is big and nice and everything, but the Savage 4.6 SS is a great truck too.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:24 AM
dirtsquirt

I love my 4.6