Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

There's anything good about the WARHEAD?.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

There's anything good about the WARHEAD?.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:44 AM
wrheadnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There's anything good about the WARHEAD?.

Please post, just if you have to say something positive about the Duratrax Warhead.

To be honest I don't expect anybody to post.

Efrain.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: There's anything good about the WARHEAD?.

I don't have the WarHead, but you know of all the Duratrax trucks I have owned I can honestly say I like them. Duratrax makes very nice entry level vehicles, and I just can't believe all the negative press that they get on these forums. I come this )( close to buying the WarHead but they were never in stock so I got the Nemesis instead, just to add to my stable. What is sooo bad about the WarHead? Why all the complaints? My T-Maxx broke far more than anything I have owned all together....but I don't see many bashing it, but everyone is willing to accept this because of all the aftermarket support for it, I for one wasn't. Just curious.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Haldir

adjustability.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:21 AM
crazydood47

im not trying to be negative but i was talking to the guy at my lhs and he was working on one and he said "dont ever get one of these peices of crap" So i wasnt thinking about buyiong one after that.He said the only thing good was the engine
Old 02-26-2006, 09:01 AM
ggomez

1 year no questions asked warranty on all plastics.
I don't think anybody else has this type of warranty.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:06 PM
yakdick

my buddies warhead has just about a gallon of fuel through it and the only thing that has calved is a steering servo and the idler(fixed with jb weld and automotive cv boot clamp material), front rim and the throttle servo and a glow plug or 2....still on the original pull start...oh ya busted one of the fog lights out while jumping it into a fire hydrant... it.s also never been more warmer than -10 CELSUIS outside(i dun't know fahrenhuit).... even has screws goin through the front tires to get more traction
Old 02-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

I don't have the WarHead, but you know of all the Duratrax trucks I have owned I can honestly say I like them. Duratrax makes very nice entry level vehicles, and I just can't believe all the negative press that they get on these forums. I come this )( close to buying the WarHead but they were never in stock so I got the Nemesis instead, just to add to my stable. What is sooo bad about the WarHead? Why all the complaints? My T-Maxx broke far more than anything I have owned all together....but I don't see many bashing it, but everyone is willing to accept this because of all the aftermarket support for it, I for one wasn't. Just curious.
if you go read the "anyone own a warhead" thread you will see all the areas that duratrax screwed up. in fact, in the last few pages weve been doing nothing but making fun of our own trucks. i myself will hopefully soon be selling mine and getting an mgt. although i will admit that i was incredibly dissapointed as i have their evader st, and its fricken sweet, but the warhead has sooo many flaws.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:46 PM
jombo

[sm=lol.gif]yea its a great, no, the best truck ever made[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

if you go read the "anyone own a warhead" thread you will see all the areas that duratrax screwed up. in fact, in the last few pages weve been doing nothing but making fun of our own trucks. i myself will hopefully soon be selling mine and getting an mgt. although i will admit that i was incredibly dissapointed as i have their evader st, and its fricken sweet, but the warhead has sooo many flaws.
I'm sorry to here that, I read some of the posts on it and that's what I can't believe. I'm sure some of the stuff can surely be chalked up to negligence, but that servo thing seems to be common place for all of you. If your looking to cure your whoas with an MGT, you'll only put off the inevitable, the quality and durability is only there if you go the upgrade/RPM route. I had one and about 300 buck later it was a good truck for bashing and another 200 it was ready for competitive racing(arms, shocks, radio, axles, chassis, various susp.components, wheels, tires, and radio). The best and most durable truck IMHO that I have owned was/is the HPI Savage. Now I have owned plenty and I am really rough on all my bashers and racers, this includes a stable of many MT's. This includes the MGT(1), T-Maxx(1), E-Maxx(1), Revo(1), LST(2), Savage 25(2), and now the newest is my Nemesis. I have the numbers next to the model to show how many I have owned of each, the LST and Savage I sold only to go back to them later, so I still have one of each including the Nemesis. All the others I just sold, couldn't keep up with their maintenance issues any longer. The LST is a good combo basher/racer after replacing the arms with RPM, but the Savage is a really good basher out of the box and possibly a good racer now with the new X. I can't say nothing yet of the Nemesis as I haven't broken in the engine yet, I am still going through it. Again though, I just can't give the cudos to the MGT, it just wasn't up to par with the others I had, that was my experience with it though, others I know disagree, but somebody will with any of them, that is why this is just my opinion. Good luck in your next choice though and I hope you get something better in the future, keep us posted.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Indecline099

no
Old 02-27-2006, 10:19 AM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

this tread made me laugh
Old 02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: ggomez

1 year no questions asked warranty on all plastics.
I don't think anybody else has this type of warranty.
They are the only ones with this warrenty for a reason. LOL!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Wide Open

even if the mgt has a few problems, i think its still better than the warhead. plus my lhs stocks parts for it!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

even if the mgt has a few problems, i think its still better than the warhead. plus my lhs stocks parts for it!
Thats one of the goodthing about the warhead, the warranty and the parts are not discontinue, I hope so, not like the other truck that I got before the warhead cameout, PRP raptor, worse problem are the diff, are falling apart, and they don't even cover it even they used a wrong screw while assebling it, got rid of this problem after I replaced those tap screw but to late already, as I rebuild it 3 times already.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:13 PM
spacoli

I will tell you the things I like about the Warhead.

I liked the way it handled did not roll over easy on a hard turn.

Suspension was set up perfect from the factory for general running and taking a big jump or hit.

It hill climbed well.

I have had a blast running this truck (when its running). I liked running just as mch as my Revo.

Once DT fixes the plastics, drive shafts and bulkhead interface. All the other stuff people will usally upgrade at one point or another (clutch, tires, wheels,aluminum upgrades, stuff like that).

Then I think DT will have a good MT. If there was ever a second generation Warhead to ever come out (good chance) I would try it out.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:36 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

They will come out with a second one. The Warhead pro, and it will have graphite parts, and better radio, and that's about it. maybe a better engine if we're lucky. Pretty much what they did with the evader. Graphite parts, a better motor, a better esc, and a better radio. Nothing else. Ohh, and extremely soft shocks for some reason or another
Old 02-27-2006, 09:54 PM
snomax1

its like saYing ford and chevy which is better ?,depends on how u drive it and take care of it.????but i bought a tmaxx,thats not because there better,its just there bad ass and we all now [email protected]
Old 02-28-2006, 01:28 AM
destrega

True there are a few weak links in the Warhead but imo its not so huge that they cant be fixed easily enough with a few newer improved parts, Personally i'd much rather break a plastic bulkhead thats cheap to replace than bend the crap out of an aluminum one that cost me alot. The design of the truck is good, low cg, good ajustibility etc. It just seems theres some parts that werent built up to the task for some reason, somehow i doubt that the servo saver thing was overlooked its way too common and simple to fix when the truck was in the prototype stage, its probably something to do with the manufacturing process messing something up. Some of the parts do need to be beefed up but i think they were left out to keep the price down, (clutch comes to mind). Theres plenty of aftermarket clutches out there that work though, if it was me, they should have probably just bumped the price up a bit and put a 3 shoe clutch in there that lasts longer.
I'd also like to say that although things do break, Duratrax has been very generous and is replacing pretty much anything that gets broken (imo alot of times defenitely not due to thier product).
And finally i would like to say that its alot cheaper to work on your DRIVING and not hit things like rocks and trees and walls lol, then you can really have alot of fun even with a balsa wood truck :P (well you get what i mean).
Old 02-28-2006, 07:58 AM
kdixer

Well said !!! I Still like my warhead. I have had few problems big enough to discourage me.

True there are a few weak links in the Warhead but imo its not so huge that they cant be fixed easily enough with a few newer improved parts, Personally i'd much rather break a plastic bulkhead thats cheap to replace than bend the crap out of an aluminum one that cost me alot. The design of the truck is good, low cg, good ajustibility etc. It just seems theres some parts that werent built up to the task for some reason, somehow i doubt that the servo saver thing was overlooked its way too common and simple to fix when the truck was in the prototype stage, its probably something to do with the manufacturing process messing something up. Some of the parts do need to be beefed up but i think they were left out to keep the price down, (clutch comes to mind). Theres plenty of aftermarket clutches out there that work though, if it was me, they should have probably just bumped the price up a bit and put a 3 shoe clutch in there that lasts longer.
I'd also like to say that although things do break, Duratrax has been very generous and is replacing pretty much anything that gets broken (imo alot of times defenitely not due to thier product).
And finally i would like to say that its alot cheaper to work on your DRIVING and not hit things like rocks and trees and walls lol, then you can really have alot of fun even with a balsa wood truck :P (well you get what i mean).
Old 03-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Ezydusit

I had a Warhead one day, I liked the look of it, and when it ran it was pretty sweet to hear it shift into second and haul out like mad. When I get it back from Duratrax from being fixed due to faulty radio set up, which caused it to go nuts at full throttle and ruin a few parts on it, I will probably enjoy it. I will just have to wait and see, as this is my first MT nitro. I flew Heli's before this.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:54 PM
lselleck

Hi guys,
My son, his girlfriend, and I all have warheads. Mine runs like a scalded dog. About two gallons and only one small crack on the bottom skid plate. It is showing the black specs you guys say is the clutch, so I have the ofna clutch parts you listed, just haven’t put them in yet. My son’s girlfriend is a pedal to the metal girl. Dt has replaced several parts she broke. A couple days ago she flew full speed into a concrete curb, bent the aluminum side plates along with many other things. It’s on the way back to Dt, I’ll let you know how it turns out. My son had trouble right out of the box. Dt paid for the shipping and had him a new truck back in eight days.

We love the trucks and are amazed at the warranty Duratrax offers. Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 04:30 PM
jv

my warhead has been really good. Ive gone through a gallon of fuel and broke one pull starter, which i dont think is really all that bad due to the fact that its a bit harder to pull and you pull it more often breaking the engine in and tuning it and so forth. I also broke a bulkhead when my failsafe failed to work and it hit the side of my house at about 25 or so. I thought that a broken bulkhead was pretty good from the hit it took. I just cant wait for the aftermarket to kick in , tiger drive, aluminum bulkhead and servo savers and this truck will rock!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:26 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the fact that I sent mine back, before ever running it and getting a full refund!!!!! I was down the lemon road with the hot bodies dirt demon, practically had to sell both my real cars to keep it running. I'll pass for now, but some day if they get all the bugs worked out, I'll be back to try her
Old 04-13-2006, 10:27 PM
bluemike819

maybe im crazy but i really like the warhead. ive had it for a month or two it has worked for almost a half tank of fuel, but for some reason i still cant give it up. i sent the whole truck to hobby services once, and i ended up getting a free 3pm out of it. right now i am waiting on a new top shaft gear (under stress tech). i honestly believe that once the aftermarket grows for the warhead it has the potential to be an awesome truck. now if only we could convince the LHS's of this maybe they would stock some parts so we wouldnt have to wait for them from either tower or hobby services.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:19 AM
86atrack4

I hear u loud and clear. I've had my wh since the middle of Jan and only had miner problems.anything thats new seems to hit bumps in the road. u will have to wrench on it, but heck! thats what the hobby is all about.