Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What do you think about hop-ups, and Aluminum?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What do you think about hop-ups, and Aluminum?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 03:56 AM
AFROB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about hop-ups, and Aluminum?

I have a REVO and I want to get it race worthy. REVO in consideration or in general just say what you’re referring to. What do you think should be the order of upgrades to be competitive on the track? My LHS said “some aluminum parts just let your truck run broke/ bent then correctly. Don’t go with alum a-arms and other aluminum parts. ”
Old 03-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: What do you think about hop-ups, and Aluminum?

I use aluminum arms and had great success. It takes a lot to bend an aluminum arm . Other than that use stock or graphite. Try to keep it light as possible. You will get mixed answers about this.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Hoese37

Default RE: What do you think about hop-ups, and Aluminum?

for a revo id go with the RPM a arms. you cant beat the lifetime warranty. I dont prefer aluminum that much, only for certain peices, like skids, that take alot of abuse by hitting the ground or rubbing. with alum. A arms, they take some beating to bend, but if you do you can bend them back, but it will never drive right until you replace it with a new one. plus alum is expensive. alum also places greateer strain on the other plastic parts, such as bulkheads, and if you break one of those, they are a b*tch to replace on a revo. not difficult, just time comsuming. With RPM, you buy only 1 for the life of your truck.