Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Thunder Tiger MTA4 .28

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Spentona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger MTA4 .28

Does anybody own the thunder tiger MT4 with the .28 engine? If so is it any good. Ive been offerd one by my LHS for £300 and as my Cen MT2 needs a new engine it might become spares instead.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Mark42

Default RE: Thunder Tiger MTA4 .28

Yeah I have the MTA4. It’s exactly the same as the associated MGT; only about £150 cheaper! I’ve had mine a few months now and it’s been fantastic. The things as quick as you like and just soaks up the punishment.

if you can get one for £300, its a bargain. i paid £310, however its just gone up to £369 in my LHS. i think people are simply cottoning on to it being an MGT in disguise. the best thing the mta4 has over the MGT is it comes with a S .28 motor as standard. I think the MGT 4.6, which is its equivelent, is quite a bit more expencive! The engine is great. loads of low end power, it wheelies on command and ive had no probs starting it.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Bria1

I have the MGT 4.6. It's a great truck, you won't be disappointed with it. It is very tough and does good on a track too. That .28 has a lot of low end power. The dual start is very nice also.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:14 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For £300 it's a bargain! I have the original MT-A4 with .21 engine and it's a great truck - cost me £360 about 6 months ago. Very durable, pretty quick for it's size and the 2-speed and reverse features are great.

(The MGT and MT-A4 are the same truck - it was a joint venture between AE and Thunder Tiger and they have each released their own versions, the only differences being the box and the colour and stickers on the bodyshell. There are also new 4.6 versions of each version. The AE MGT and Thunder Tiger MT-A4 are IDENTICAL, meaning parts and hopups are interchangeable between the two)
Old 03-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Spentona

Hmmm think the cen may become cannon fodder or maybe a mobile ramp or somthing!!!!!!!

Whats really great is that they have the older 2.1 on sale for £80 more!!!!!

Just one last question, how easy is it to run in and tune up the engine?

Cheers guys.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:46 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the .21 and new .28 engines are notoriously easy to tune. I followed the Thunder Tiger break-in procedures - which involved running the engine at WOT, or at least near to that for a few tanks. Strange method for breaking in an engine but after a gallon my engine is gaining power every time i run it AND still has decent pinch.

You shouln't have any trouble with it.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:13 PM
tnxtz

I am torn between these two trucks, any comment thank you.

Giga Crusher ReadySet RTR with .28 Kyosho engine and 3 speed F/R transmission ($410)

MTA4 RTR with .28 TT Engine and 2 speed F/R transmission ($308)