Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

RE: If you knew what you know now about the warhead.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes- I think the warhead is a great truck.
35.85%
No- I think the warhead is a terrible truck.
64.15%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

RE: If you knew what you know now about the warhead.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:08 PM
lukskywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If you knew what you know now about the warhead.

Answer this as honestly as possible. If you knew what you know now about how durable or undurable the Duratrak Warhead is, weither it by your own experience or just word of mouth, would you of still invested your hard earned $$$ or bought something else.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:30 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Duratrax makes a real honest attempt to correct most of the flaws on future warheads I would consider buying this truck.

All trucks will have some kind of small issue, it just depends on the companies response to coming up with permenant fixs.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Wide Open

duratrax says their working on it, but i have seen no results so far. thats why i sold mine to get an mgt. plus i couldnt afford to bring it up to par once the good parts DID come out.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:37 PM
wrheadnut

I own two WH's and I love them, is money very well expended I will do it again.

This are expensive toys, and I treat them as that, just toys, I dont think of them as a rocket ships
and expect to be perfect.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:43 AM
McFly505

I bought this truck for my Daughter. She still likes it, despite all of the problems we are having.

I like the Traxxas stuff, but I probably would have bought a Savvy X.

Scott
Old 03-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Hellrazour

i dont mind having my WH but if i knew then what i know now i would have got the savage X. but i do like having the wh around cause i like the feeling of getting something accomplished when you fix it after a nasty wipe. also i like modifying it and posting my mods on the forum hopefully giving others an idea.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:48 AM
finalimpact

mine has been fairly good to me for the time being, fried clutch, melted spur gear(due to clutch) and a broken body post. so far nothing major and im on my second gall of fuel so far. although i do think its underpowered but thats no biggie. as much as i enjoy mine i would not recomend it to someone just coming into this hobby based on the warhead threads.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:44 PM
ajoaktree

There needs to be an "I don't have a clue" answer... LOL, I haven't even gotten mine broken in yet... I jacked up the pull start... LOL
Old 03-28-2006, 10:18 AM
azrctruck

why do you have to put up with an inferior product when there are so many great trucks. what is duratrax going to do for the people that have first batch ( beta ) I have no doubt that they will correct the problems but make some sort of annoucement.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Ezydusit

I have had nothing but trouble with mine, broke the day I got it due to faulty radio, sent it back and they sent me a new one. The new truck has also been a LEMON, sent it back for a refund. Nothing but a headache.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Mekong

ORIGINAL: McFly505

I bought this truck for my Daughter. She still likes it, despite all of the problems we are having.
LOL you bought a nitro for your daughter!? She actualy uses it? wow

I had a rough start, when I got it the engine leaked, leaned out and took off out of control, despite the fail safe and such, bad wreck. I got it back, and the new eninge was another lemmon. Engine #3 works great and I am about 3/5s the way through my first gallon. I love it now, I was ready to just store it away in the garage, now that its working I love it! It can take a beating really well! The only MAJOR flaw in its desgin IMO is the front bulkhead cant take a hard off center head on, IMO it should be much more tough in that sense. However it can really cartwheel, flip and land on the bumper with no prob. Sure the clutch sucks, the tiny gas tank is nothing but a problem and I had bad luck with the engins, but its a good truck for the cash.

I still wouldnt recomend it, but I wouldnt say its trash.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:50 PM
mdscheu

This poll only covers the two extremes. Out of the box the WH is impressive to look at, but for god sakes this is one expensive looking "Pit bull" that cowers to lap dogs. This thing is suppose to be 1/8 scale monster truck but I feel like I have to treat it as a carpet racer, go find some nice flat piece of land with some gravel and spin some doughnuts on it. It should be able to survive some low speed impacts and some tumbles.

Only problem I have ever had was replacing front bulkheads/bellcranks/servo savers/ball joint on a reccuring basis as my buddy with his TMAXX spun doughnuts and gravel around me making comments how we both collided with the same thing and his survived. The gravel and sand in my face first time was funny while doing a quick replacement on the bulkhead. Next time he does it I am packing my .45 and we will see how tough that Tmaxx is when it collides with a couple of 185 grain objects.

Don't get me wrong I like the WH, I am hoping they develop fix before I have to go out and mill my own upgrade parts.

First starting point I would incorporate would be to combine the Front skid plates into one piece milled aluminium piece to take away some of the lateral force between the Chassis sideplates and bulkheads. Then we can discuss what breaks farther down the line. Aluminium Bulkheads would be nice but I am afraid all we would gain is some stretched out threads and broken screws.

Any suggestions on a better 1/8 scale MT would be great
Old 03-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Mekong

Dont get me wrong I would of got a LST2 or a savage X, but for the $$ and towers easy pay, its the best deal and for me at the right time. I have been driving a ss5800 pede, I love the air it gets, it really flys and its cheap to fix. If you want huge air and tricks, burshless 2WD 1/10 is amazing.

The reason for me that I didnt chose a t-maxx was that if you flipped it, its seems that you would do alot of damage to the engine head and other vital parts, the warhead has a solid cage around it, if you flip it theres only the roll bar and body mounts to damage, on the t-maxx it seems to me that the parts are much more exposed. I have never had one, so I might be wrong, but it looks so vunerable compared to a warhead. Same with a MGT, I havent tired a savage, but I think I should of got one or a madforce lol

From what duratrax has released it seems to me it a short time till there is a metal servo saver, already a better clutch and hopefully some time a better bulkhead! Other than that is seems a great basher, as I probably will never race.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't about you guys, but 400.00 is not chump change to me, it comes hard. The breakage on this truck is ridiculus. Hitting anything hard a hard object things will break, but the engine issues with the carbs, tranny issues, and all that stuff, is just uncalled for.

When i bought one of the first lst they were breaking cvd units, and people had issues with a washer in the motor that was cuasing them to blow. Also diff cases were breaking easily. Since then this was rectified, but I was pissed that I had a 550.00 dollar truck that came out of the box with issues. When your paying out the money you deserve decent quality.

My exceptions are when you do really radical stuff or hit walls or curbs, pipes, trees etc something is going to break that I can except.

The Cen genesis it had huge major issues when it came out but cen wworked very hard to correct these issues. Losi did the same with the LST. If a compay is working really hard to correct the major issues now that is cool.

It sounds like duratrax is trying hard to help thier customers, but its going to take some real improvements in quality control. I hope they come down on thier part vendors hard to improve the overall quality of this truck.

Good luck