Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

4th or even 5th best MT?

Old 03-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Chronic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th or even 5th best MT?

I'm going to buy another RC in the near future, but I can't make up my mind. I want something a little different, but have no experience with MTs besides the HPI, Losi, Traxxas, and CEN offerings. SO, what else out there is worth owning? I've thought about a solid axle rig just for something different but I don't want a crawler. I'd also like to have something that I could play around with on the track if I wanted to. What's a decent "off brand" truck is basically my question, I guess.

Anybody know the pros/cons of trucks like the TNX, Mammoth, Mayhem, or EK4 or.....whatever, give me some ideas!! The TNX looks like it could be a nice setup and I could pick one up for right over $300

What about arena trucks? HB Stadium Pro-R, Jammin CRT, Mugen,.......

I already have a built Savage, I might be buying an almost new LST2 here soon, and I'm not the biggest Traxxas or CEN fan in the world, so those are all out for now unless I find a really good deal on a used one.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: 4th or even 5th best MT?

The Mayhem ST RTR is a beautiful "combination" truggy. It is ok for roughing it, and can be easily setup for racing.

The Sportwerks .26 is one powerful engine. This thing will fly. I would not say it is a "bashing" only truck, but it is very well-built and strong. Check out the review:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=423
Old 03-19-2006, 12:51 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Chronic

I'm going to buy another RC in the near future, but I can't make up my mind. I want something a little different, but have no experience with MTs besides the HPI, Losi, Traxxas, and CEN offerings. SO, what else out there is worth owning? I've thought about a solid axle rig just for something different but I don't want a crawler. I'd also like to have something that I could play around with on the track if I wanted to. What's a decent "off brand" truck is basically my question, I guess.

Anybody know the pros/cons of trucks like the TNX, Mammoth, Mayhem, or EK4 or.....whatever, give me some ideas!! The TNX looks like it could be a nice setup and I could pick one up for right over $300

What about arena trucks? HB Stadium Pro-R, Jammin CRT, Mugen,.......

I already have a built Savage, I might be buying an almost new LST2 here soon, and I'm not the biggest Traxxas or CEN fan in the world, so those are all out for now unless I find a really good deal on a used one.
The TNX is a great truck (so I've heard) but in many cases... lacks LHS support. If that doesn't bother you, great! The Mammoth ST seems to be a great truck. I drove one a few weeks back with a Novarossi 528x on it... that thing MOVES... and it definitely handles better than its MT predecessor. I don't have experience with the Mayhem or EK4, so I can't really comment. Same with Arena trucks.... Out of the two that I commented on, I would probably choose the Mammoth ST. It's faster and more easy to find LHS support.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
bauerbach

why not get a 1/8th scale buggy? sounds like you have all the areas of MT's covered. perhaps something even more geared to speed would broaden your collection.

could go electric, some crazy e-maxx or something, but thats a whole mountain of new accessories to support it.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Grandcrapr

i've got the TNX, and i can't say enough good things about it. rock solid, fast, handles great, easy to work on. the lack of LHS support hasn't hurt me because the truck just keeps running with no down time. i'm thinking of getting a 2nd, if that tells you anything -
Old 03-21-2006, 06:56 AM
Chronic

Yeah, so far I'm leaning towards a TNX. I'd like to do the pillow ball suspension conversion with a single 1/8 buggy shock at each corner. MIP makes a set of aluminum CVDs for it also. That would be cool sitting on a set of Panther pythons mounted on some Pro-line 40 series dish wheels. Oh, and a crowd pleaser 2 body.....hmmm, I think I might just go that route....

The only thing that holds me back is that I kind of want a truggy now, I just don't want to spend that much money on a rig that won't be seeing any action except on the track. I could build a mild TNX for $500-$600, including the truck.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
lloydy

The mad force sounds perfect for you!

Solid axel, very good basher, durable. Now with Kyosho America you can get parts easily. Big truck 1/8 scale and .21 engine.

Head over to www.madforce.net for more information on this wonderful truck. Its something differnt and enjoyable. Also there arent too many bits to break if you crash!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Chronic

Kyosho Mad Force huh? Hmmmmm
I really like the idea of having solid axles for the real MT look. How is the handling?

I'll check it out, and thanks for bringing it to my attention.