Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Advice on MTs

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:57 PM
1siktkt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on MTs

I recently got an Rc10gt and have had some fun with it but I want a truck that steers better and can bash. I want a monster. I'm thinking of the savage but don't know which truck to go with. The Lhs guys recomended the savage. I want a truck that is durable, wheelie on command, and is a decent price. Any help would be great. Probably going to sell the associated to help fund this project.[:@]
Old 03-19-2006, 11:20 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Advice on MTs

Well Savage is durable, and the new Tmaxx 3.3 weelies on command. I dont know a truck that can be both durable, and wheelie. im sure the savage wheelies but u would have to adjust gearing. And I havent heard anything on the new tmaxx's durability.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:46 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Yup Svage is tough but not much for the wheelies. If you are considering having a look at the TMaxx 3.3 you may as well wait for the REVO 3.3. Revo is much nicer. Only trucks that i can think of that wheelie from stock and are tough are the CEN Nemesis and Genesis. www.cenracing.com Only problem is, parts are hard to get in some areas.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
dartmouth01

While the Nemesis has more than enough torque, it won't wheelie out the box because it has a center diff. Any truck with a center diff won't wheelie (ie truggies, or race trucks). However, Cen sells a diff lock which when installed will make the truck wheelie like crazy, or you can add a high weight oil to the center diff to lock it up.

If you want speed, durability and size, the LST 2 or Nemesis are great. If you want speed, and durability, get the TNX or Savage. IF you want speed, and handling, and decent durability, get a revo or Tmaxx. But thats just my opinion.

Good luck choosing!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:19 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had a problem with my stock Savage 25 LE pulling wheelies and taking a beating. The stock motor started pulling wheelies around 1 gallon of fuel and still pulls them after 5 gallons. Maybe I got the only good one, but I always thought of it as a tough truck and have always been able to get wheelies.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:00 PM
1siktkt

Sweet thanks for the help I like the Lst2 but I can't afford that kind of $$$. WHat about a .46 Like the associated or savage?