Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Mekong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhead radio issue

I have a warhead and am using a venome fail safe and alk batteries. When I run the truck the throttle servo will stop responding and just sit in neutral, I have to switch the reciver off and on and it works again for another 10-30sec and then fails, repeat off and on repeat...

Any ideas what to do? I tried removing the failsafe but it happened again... When this happens the steering works fine and the shifter, but the trottle wont respond. I just finaly got the engine working... now this!

Help!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
kdixer

Default RE: Warhead radio issue

Sounds like throttle channel on reciever is failing. Plug the throttle servo into the steering channel on reciever and see if the steering wheel works the servo. This will verify your reciever is the culprit and not your radio or servo.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Mekong

I took off the failsafe while running, it must of been it. I heard that failsafes get screwed up by alk batts, is that ture?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 PM
86atrack4

Well i don't know about the alk batts causing a fail safe not to work properly but,if u can get a recharge pack as soon as u can.1st it will save u money in the long run ,and alks have 6v also ,but after a few runs it starts lossing power.apack maintains a constent 6v through out its charge.i have 2 ofna fail safes both with packs and haven't had any problems.
P.S. i noticed u live in SJ i live about forty miles from u[depending what part of SJ] maybe in the near future if your still having problems we can meet say hobby world in gilroy and i'll bring my wh and show u what i've done and see if i can work out any problems your having.

ORIGINAL: Mekong

I took off the failsafe while running, it must of been it. I heard that failsafes get screwed up by alk batts, is that ture?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Mekong

Right on, I am considering ordering a pack when I get my clutch fixed.

I bet hollister has some great places to drive! Know any where good to go in SJ area?

Any idea why the failsafe would be causeing this?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:31 PM
86atrack4

Hollister used to have a bike track that was open on the weekends but,the city,or county decided to level it and put a barb wire fence around it[STUPID PEOPLE].Theres hollister hills but ,its more for 4x4s and ATVs.Don't know any places in SJ to drive.I've used to race at HW in gilroy,and then they decided to black top the dirt track last year.Delta Raceway in Antioch is very nice,there is a covered track for winter and a out door track for summer,i've raced there also,its a little over 2 hour drive for me.Lately ive been driving in back of the car dealership i work for,its ok not a lot of jumps.As for the fail safe theres a chance that u got a faulty one,i would return and get another and go from there.