Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

NEwbie to racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 03:43 AM
eurodj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEwbie to racing

I bought a OFNA Blazer SST modded with ball steering front end and a picco .27,Proline Wheels and tires and plan on racing it a bit just to get the hang of racing. Before investing more money on trucks, im on a slight budget and live in the dominican republic. I also own a OFNA Hyper 7 whcih i do race also and am a newbie at that 2, i like buggy racing. Down here there's more of a crowd for it so races are more exciting but i just love the versatility of trucks. I'm planning on buying a XTM Mammoth ST or PRO and maybe with some HOP Ups that would be a budget racing solution for troublefree racing, as i am one who believes that the car helps, but setup and driving are much more important.Since im planning on leaving the OFNA Blazer for recreational and just race the MAMMOTH and hyper 7 for a while til i get the hang of things and maybe later on buy a better truggy and buggy anyhows id like some suggestions on what i could do to make the Blazer better than what it is now and if so also some inputs on wether or not the XTM would be a good all around raceing choice just to strat me off i like it cause it has a wider stance than the blazer and lower CG and ive read it worksout just fine once u upgrade a couple of parts so please let me know thanks...