Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Help with adjusting shift point on WarHead

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help with adjusting shift point on WarHead

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Big D Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with adjusting shift point on WarHead

Ok,

I've done this before but now the truck doesn't seem to allow me to adjust the shift point. Following the guide in the book, it says to turn the spur gear until you can see the shift hub. Ok, no problem.

Now, it says to hold the spur gear and roll the truck until the set screw comes into view.

Well, the problem is that no matter which direction I try to roll the truck, it is forcing the spur gear to turn. I'm not able to hold the spur gear because the force is too strong.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or something I missed??

I remember doing this before and it worked just fine, but now it doesn't seem to work.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:40 PM
86atrack4

Default RE: Help with adjusting shift point on WarHead

Most likely your going to have to remove the tranny,mine was doing the same thing, and come to find the one way bearing was broke,and 2of 3 screws that hold the second gear to the OWB were coming out.Remove the tranny dissasemble and insp. then if everything is ok add some blue locktite to those 3 screws and set screw(not the shift adjustment set screw,the small one). Mine didn't even have any locktite on the screws , thats why the bearing took a crap.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Big D Z

Son of a *****. I hope that's not what I have to do. I just finished putting it back together with a new spur gear and a tiger drive. The last thing I want to do is turn around and take all that apart again!! [:@] [:@] [:@]
Old 04-09-2006, 05:41 PM
86atrack4

Hey,don't feel bad its gonna happen,and the tranny comes out in a matter of mins.Look at it this way you'll be more familiar with it and the next time it will seem like a snap.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Big D Z

Dang, my truck is finally running GREAT! I got the temps around 250 and launching off the line with authority! Too bad it won't shift [:@]

*sigh* so not in the mood to take apart the tranny...sucks.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Big D Z

ORIGINAL: 86atrack4

Most likely your going to have to remove the tranny,mine was doing the same thing, and come to find the one way bearing was broke,and 2of 3 screws that hold the second gear to the OWB were coming out.Remove the tranny dissasemble and insp. then if everything is ok add some blue locktite to those 3 screws and set screw(not the shift adjustment set screw,the small one). Mine didn't even have any locktite on the screws , thats why the bearing took a crap.

Good luck!
86atrack4,

I sent you a PM. I'm having some difficulty dissasembling my tranny.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:54 PM
erawtik
My Feedback: (1)

mine was doing the same thing so i took the tranny apart today and noticed i was un doing the wrong screw i didnt know there was 2 down the hole. So i tightend the wrong one back up and now the trany spins free.