1/4 scale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 03:35 AM
Globemaster8600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 scale?

I found these at this site: http://mikesmonstertrucks.com/qrstruck.html

All I can say is I want one!

What I would like to know is how much it would cost to build, and is there a large enough diesel out there to power it.

All replies welcome.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:39 AM
Globemaster8600

Default 1/4 scale?

I have found some diesels that are large enough, but I am fairly sure they will be too heavy, even though I am not worried too much as to how much it weighs.

Unlike the trucks at the link above, I would rather have 2WD and 2WSteering, and would also like to build it really strong.

What do you suggest?
Old 12-21-2002, 02:55 AM
Globemaster8600

Default 1/4 scale?

Could someone please tell me what they would suggest?
Old 12-23-2002, 12:58 AM
DrFrunkenstein

Default :D

I am going down the same path as yourself. My T-Maxx wouldn't hold up to the stuff I did to it, so I'm making one that will . And I absolutely love not having to tune the engine every frickin time you go out.... I'm using a (possible two) 31cc Ryobi weed wacker engines to power the beast. I think I'm going to have to do a swingarm type suspension and double A-Arm front suspension. This would, for one, be a first in RC (this scale at least), another thing, it would be really frickin cool to see a scale quad haulin butt across my yard. I have some steering systems in mind... and as fow two wheel drive, I think I'm going to use bicycle sprockets and chains to drive it to a rear axle. These are some pictures I have made, and have received from people about my project, hope they help, and lemme know if you make some head way too .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	42480_21294.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	25914  
Old 12-23-2002, 01:05 AM
DrFrunkenstein

Default Humm

Sorry, Can't attach any more pictures, too large, send me an Instant Message at: [email protected] on MSN Messanger, or use that email address to contact me.