RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

You know what I hate...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:49 PM
ICrashThings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You know what I hate...?

You know what I hate?

I finally get a day to break out the Monster GT, everything is setup perfectly. I made some mods, I have a gallon of fuel, I grab my drill and I go to start it up. Right when I can hear the engine about to start up, my drill stops. I look at it, try again, nothing. I goto grab a charged battery, still nothing. So now I have a broken drill, and I cant start up my MGT.

Darn my luck!!!!! :[

So Now I hate my drill, thought Id share. :>
Old 05-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Brad G

Default RE: You know what I hate...?

lol ouch [:@]
Old 05-02-2006, 05:20 PM
bauerbach

damn, Id be getting mighty creative at that point. not sure what I have that spins but Id find something lol.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

i thought it had a pullstart on it also? or the starte thing is the broken part.....not sure if you meant your drill broke or the starter backplate. i hate when one-ways go in my savvy. i get desperate.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

If it were me, I'd have thender apart already. lol.
Or, wrap a rope around the flywheel and start it like an old skool outboard engine.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:40 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

can you go out and get another one? If not I feel for ya. I've been in the same predicament as you. With glow lighters, batteries, starters, fuel. ECT. lol GL getting it going[8D]
Old 05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Bria1

That's what I like about my MGT. If my drill is dead, I can still use the pull start.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:00 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Amen to that!!!! Werd has it brian, that dante has a MGT for me Looks like I get to keep the boat and get a MGT!!! Yippie!
ORIGINAL: Bria1

That's what I like about my MGT. If my drill is dead, I can still use the pull start.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Bria1

He sure does. I saw it Sunday. It needs some work, but I'm sure you can get it cheap. BTW, what happend to you Sunday? I thought you were coming out to the RCpro race to watch/pit.

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

Amen to that!!!! Werd has it brian, that dante has a MGT for me Looks like I get to keep the boat and get a MGT!!! Yippie!
ORIGINAL: Bria1

Old 05-02-2006, 08:28 PM
ICrashThings

heh.

My pullstart broke a long long time ago so ive been using the drill start every since. My drill is dead, stupid dewalts! [:@]

What i might end up doing is just getting a new pullstart assembly or a new drill...dunno which to go for.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Bria1

I got a dewalt 12v drill. The drill itself has been great, but I've gone through 3 batteries in it and they are like $50 each.
I picked up a new Ryobi 14.4v drill with 2 batteries, charger, and flashlight at home depot for $80.
You could also look on ebay for a losi spin start for a cheap price. I believe the shaft sizes are the same. The only thing I don't like about the spin start is they have no slipper design built into them and they have a lot of torque. If your engine is hydro-locked, it may break your engine. I guess you could just hold it loser so it would spin in your hand. I really don't like pull starts.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Maybe i should try the drill start. I have never started my truck with it, 3rd tank too. I really like just having to carry a glow igniter, and not an easy start, or drill. But it is always great to have a back up way to start your truck
Old 05-03-2006, 08:12 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the track the drill start feature on the engine is really usefull. No removing the body to start the engine, and no straining wrists when it's being stubborn and not starting first pull. Out bashing, when you don't want to cart around a drill the pullstart works perfectly *99% of the time...*

I'm using my dads 12v rechargeable drill with a clutch and it works like a dream. Good torque, and enough revs to start the engine. Also, there isn't any risk of snapping anything in the engine if it locks up.