Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Need Help with Clutch Shoes on Duratrax Maximum ST

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need Help with Clutch Shoes on Duratrax Maximum ST

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
neworder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Clutch Shoes on Duratrax Maximum ST

Several Years ago I bought a DuraTrax Maximum ST Nitro. I only ran about 5 tanks of fuel through it and started having a problem and could never figure it out. After years of sitting in a box I am trying to get it going again but can not figure out my problem. I really don't know RC cars as well as I should and I hope it is something dumb/simple I am doing.

The Problem is when the engine runs, the clutch shoes are not grabbing the Clutch Bell. I have tried 3 new different Clutch Shoes (DTXC7150) and still have the same problem. The engine runs great and fast but the car just sits there as the Clutch Shoes spin but does not spin the Clutch Bell. Sometimes if I rev the engine up and spin the Clutch Bell backwards with my finger it will sometimes grab and run great as long as I do not stop. I even put the Shoes on backwards to see if that helped and it actually runs a little better this way but still has the same problem when it stops.

Anyway it is driving me crazy and was wondering if anybody had any ideas.

Below are pictures of the parts in question.