Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Nitro TOWER Terror MT .25 RTR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tower Hobbies Nitro TOWER Terror MT .25 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:45 PM
groovethumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Nitro TOWER Terror MT .25 RTR

Hi,
I'm waiting for mine too. Any thoughts? Peace.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Rcmoneypit2

It looks just like a Trinity Nitro Spyder 1/7 scale. Same setup same bumper fuel tank, engine mount etc. Just a knock off of the nitro spyder. Like stated in the beginning of the thread. I have the nitro spyder and it's a big lemon[:'(] (I would not get it)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it will not be a lemon for sake of those that get one.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: Rcmoneypit2

It looks just like a Trinity Nitro Spyder 1/7 scale. Same setup same bumper fuel tank, engine mount etc. Just a knock off of the nitro spyder. Like stated in the beginning of the thread. I have the nitro spyder and it's a big lemon[:'(] (I would not get it)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it will not be a lemon for sake of those that get one.

i thought it looked like the duratrax thunderquake ,same bumper same fr\rear dif, 19mm hexes etc. but it could be a good truck.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Rasc4l5

Im gonna buy myself one for christmas, you can't buy it yet? its in the tower hobbies catalog.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:39 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Rcmoneypit2

It looks just like a Trinity Nitro Spyder 1/7 scale. Same setup same bumper fuel tank, engine mount etc. Just a knock off of the nitro spyder.
it's made by the same company
Old 12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
chriswebb70

Hi ya'll.
Just bought a Tower Terror MT. Should be here in a few days; I'll let you know how it is. I'll post some pics as well.
First MT.....looking forward to it.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:34 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a vid somewhere of what this is being sold in Germany as: the Jamara Tracksau. Looks pretty good. Lemme look...

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/359605

That's actually a different video from the one I was looking for... Will post the original one if/when I find it..
Old 12-04-2006, 07:57 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might consider adding this tower terror to my collection, after watching that video. This thing is fast and also seems pretty tough, exspecially for the bucks.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:32 AM
muck76

ORIGINAL: chriswebb70

Hi ya'll.
Just bought a Tower Terror MT. Should be here in a few days; I'll let you know how it is. I'll post some pics as well.
First MT.....looking forward to it.
yew please let us know how it goes. I looked at the zircon pics of the underside.. looking forward to hearing others input from running it.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:56 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I'm wondering what the real problems with the Nitro Spyder were, aside from the total lack of parts support?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:00 PM
muck76

ok i have been staring at the parts pics.
Things i like are: Elect box, planetary gear diffs, big fuel tank that is shaped nice, and 3 shoe clutch.

Now for the things that make me go huh??: engine adjustment to spur is up and down. First up side down landing with out a roll bar is going to shove the bell and spur into one another, center shaft is one piece front ot rear, skid plates are bulk heads, and lastly the TCP have little bracing in the rear towards the bottom. I can see twisting being an issue if the tcp are not strong. A longer skid would fix that with having more bracing to mount it. The servo saver for the steering is non adjustable.
Justa couple of small items... what do you think?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:26 PM
chriswebb70

My Tower Terror finally arrived.
It's pretty sweet.....a LOT bigger than it looks. I'll break it in this weekend.
Here are some pics

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55848.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	573339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49575.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	573340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29902.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	573341  
Old 12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
muck76

My Tower Terror finally arrived.
It's pretty sweet.....a LOT bigger than it looks. I'll break it in this weekend.
Here are some pics

Looks cool! Have you had any other nitros to compare it's quality too?
One small concern i had was the rear twisting in the TCP. Do the plates seem rigid?
Thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 04:24 PM
chriswebb70

I've driven just about anything under the sun, but this is my first MT.
The plates seem very rigid. But we'll find out for sure. I'll break it in this weekend.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 PM
chriswebb70

Some things to be aware about with the Tower Terror MT:

1). This kit does not come with tire foam. The website at Tower Hobbies clearly says it does. I contacted Tower, and they said it was a mistake. The Tower Terror MT does NOT come with tire foam. This made things quite a pain in the @$$, as I had to remove the (already) glued tires, install my own tire foam, and re-glue the tires onto the rims. RTR my @$$ !!!

2). Be careful of the wheel hexes. They're 19mm hexes. Unfortunately, the knum-nut who built my vehicle cross-threaded and stripped two of the wheel hexes/nuts. Again, I contacted Tower. The good news: the kit is under warranty, and they're sending me new wheel hexes. The bad news: they're currently out of stock, and won't have any until late December.
I can't wait that long, so I'm off to my local hobby store to see if they have any compatible wheel hexes.

3). The air filter does not come pre-oiled. You'll have to oil it up yourself. Don't waste too much $$$ trying to buy filter oil. Just use after-run oil, and it should work fine. As long as the oil filter is a little sticky and has oil in it, it'll trap dirt and keep your engine safe.

So far, kind of a dubious start to the Tower Terror MT. I will break it in tomorrow; hope all goes beter.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:24 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how does it run
Old 12-09-2006, 02:51 PM
digout

Just completed breaking in the motor for the Tower Terror. So far I was impressed with its ability for cornering, wheelies and quick acceleration. In all essence it reminded me of my 1/8 scale Savage. It started on the first pull, ran fairly cool and never died out during all the break-in runs. I look forward for Tower Hobbies to start selling some hop ups for it so that it can be a top neighborhood race contender or basher.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:42 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would love to get one and try to make it stay up with the big blocks on my track (ya i know alot of hopups) but it will be nice to see a diffrent truck at my track
Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
chriswebb70

THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEMONS I'VE EVER BOUGHT! I"M SO DISAPPOINTED.
FIRST OF ALL......THE KIT DIDN'T EVEN COME WITH TIRE FOAM. THE WEBSITE CLEARLY SAYS IT DOES !!!! I HAD TO SPEND MY OWN $$$ TO PURCHASE TIRE FOAM. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A READY-TO-RUN? I GUESS NOT.

SECOND OF ALL, WHOEVER THE GENIUS IS THAT BUILT MY KIT, CROSS-THREADED AND STRIPPED TWO OF THE WHEEL HEX HUBS. THE WHEELS CANNOT SEAT ONTO THE HUB PROPERLY, THEREBY MAKING THE CAR UNDRIVABLE AND USELESS !!!!!!!!!

I THOUGHT THIS KIT WAS A READY-TO-RUN? I GUESS NOT.

THIRD OF ALL, I WENT TO BREAK THE ENGINE IN TODAY, AND ON THE FIRST PULL OF THE RECOIL STARTER, THE RECOIL STARTER BREAKS !!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!

I've contacted Tower about this. It's under warranty, so I should be OK.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
chriswebb70

Sorry for the ALL CAPS (screaming), but I'm a little pissed about my Tower Terror MT right now.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:41 PM
NitroBurn1

THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEMONS I'VE EVER BOUGHT! I"M SO DISAPPOINTED.
FIRST OF ALL......THE KIT DIDN'T EVEN COME WITH TIRE FOAM. THE WEBSITE CLEARLY SAYS IT DOES !!!! I HAD TO SPEND MY OWN $$$ TO PURCHASE TIRE FOAM. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A READY-TO-RUN? I GUESS NOT.

SECOND OF ALL, WHOEVER THE GENIUS IS THAT BUILT MY KIT, CROSS-THREADED AND STRIPPED TWO OF THE WHEEL HEX HUBS. THE WHEELS CANNOT SEAT ONTO THE HUB PROPERLY, THEREBY MAKING THE CAR UNDRIVABLE AND USELESS !!!!!!!!!

I THOUGHT THIS KIT WAS A READY-TO-RUN? I GUESS NOT.

THIRD OF ALL, I WENT TO BREAK THE ENGINE IN TODAY, AND ON THE FIRST PULL OF THE RECOIL STARTER, THE RECOIL STARTER BREAKS !!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!

I've contacted Tower about this. It's under warranty, so I should be OK.

Besides these problems you mentioned here, how is your over all thoughts of the truck, is it very well built, good design?

If you wouldn't mind, could you post more pics of your truck, maybe some of the bottom?

I want to see more of this truck to see if it would be worth getting, and see what i could do to make a durable basher.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Chronic

Yeah, can we please see some more pics? I'd like to see the bottom too, especially the transmission and steering components...
Old 12-10-2006, 02:12 AM
chriswebb70

Overall, the truck (I feel) is pretty soild-built. The twin-plate chassis is VERY sturdy. The fact that everything is centered towards the middle keeps the center of gravity stable. I still can't get over the fact of how big it is. The pictures don't do it justice. This is a big truck.

I'm just disappointed of the problems it's had. I really wanted to go out and drive this weekend. Oh well. Hopefully soon, Tower will send me the parts I need, or at least fix it.

The good part? The price, and the warranty.

Here are some pictures of the bottom. The servos are attached underneath. The center differential is steel-gear.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12690.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	574540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99511.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	574541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95560.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	574542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29803.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	574543  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Chronic

Thanks for the pics! That clears up some questions that I had.

I'm not digging that center shaft setup too much because it makes things a little tougher when it comes to relocating components and doing chassis conversions, but at least it should be strong.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Downhome4x4

It looks like a great truck to start with... I would be easy on the gas when landing because from the pics i don't see a Slipper Clutch set up anywhere. Have fun....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.