Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

strongest mt

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:31 PM
*Nitstklr72*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strongest mt

what is strongest mt for extreame bash by that i mean jumping off houses they dont have to be 4wd just the strongest that is all that matters here
Old 05-26-2006, 06:51 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: strongest mt

Savage. No question.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:13 PM
PillowPants

LST2. This is coming from a guy thats actually HAD first hand EXPERIENCE with both.. Both are HEAVILY modded though with about the same amount of cash in each, but my heavily modded LST is much stronger than my little bro's heavily modded savage. Now if you want to rip them out of the box and see which was tougher pound for pound then it'd be a toss up in my opinion.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:20 PM
duckedup

1st -- Savage
2nd-- MGT
3rd-- Revo (close 2nd or 3rd with MGT)

.....just my opinion, I've driven the MGT(own it too) & a friends Revo but not the savage. Just going off popular opinion for the savage and there are plenty of videos online to back it up. A good site for bashing vids is ... [link=http://www.beatyourtruck.com]BEAT YOUR TRUCK[/link] ... tons of savage videos! (and others also) also driven and worked on an LST1 and wouldn't put it in the top 5 for bashing, not sure about the LST2
Old 05-26-2006, 07:33 PM
HerrSavage

Well, from what I've heard you could I suppose really mod out an LST2 to be almost as strong as a Savage, but for what it'd cost you could buy two Savages. Then, if by some fluke the Savage breaks when jumping off the house(you know, if you got a "bad one" or something..), you'd have a second one. Break two Savages in one day and you can just call Guiness..., cuz you'd be going in the record books..

(That's of course all meant in jest - well, sort of....... But with a thread like this you have to be careful cuz people'll get all *****y about whose truck is best... That said, for jumping off houses and the like, stock out of the box, there is simply no question. Nothing can take the beating a Savage can, and most - excepting a few die-hard Revo fans and various other HPI haters.. - everybody knows it. End of discussion.)
Old 05-26-2006, 07:40 PM
duckedup

lol... well said Patrick! ...all who are in question should check out that link I posted above! There you can see with your own eyes that savages are tough as hell .... theres a good video of a couple savages jumping off a school.....does that count??[sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-26-2006, 07:50 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Well, from what I've heard you could I suppose really mod out an LST2 to be almost as strong as a Savage, but for what it'd cost you could buy two Savages. Then, if by some fluke the Savage breaks when jumping off the house(you know, if you got a "bad one" or something..), you'd have a second one. Break two Savages in one day and you can just call Guiness..., cuz you'd be going in the record books..

(That's of course all meant in jest - well, sort of....... But with a thread like this you have to be careful cuz people'll get all *****y about whose truck is best... That said, for jumping off houses and the like, stock out of the box, there is simply no question. Nothing can take the beating a Savage can, and most - excepting a few die-hard Revo fans and various other HPI haters.. - everybody knows it. End of discussion.)
I just need to say this real quick. I dont care if you think the LST2 is a pos or if you think the REVO is a pos, but you really do not have the experience or credibillity to go around and say that the savage is the second coming of christ when you have said yourself that you are new to nitro and you have never had experience with, or ever even seen in person a nitro MT other than your savages. Just because you heard some die hard savage fanboys on the internet put down all of the savage's competiton doesnt make you an expert buddy. Everybody has had different experinces with their trucks and everybody wants to say theirs is the best! Therefore, this thread is about as meaningless as unscented perfume.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 PM
HerrSavage

True - I haven't owned every truck that was ever produced. But I have seen a post from an LST guy who broke something - ... by brushing against it with his foot.

That said, an LST2 is doubtless an excellent truck - but out of the box no way in hell is it a "drive it off the roof" kind of basher. I even want one - but for what they cost, and based on LOTS of other people's experience, I wouldn't try half of what wouldn't even phase me with a Savage.

Revos too are surely awesome. I'd never consider one cuz I live in Germany and they're just not that well-represented here.

I've tried to be patient with you in the past - but you just need so settle down there boy..

This thread is about toughness chief, not driving in circles around a track.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:16 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

True - I haven't owned every truck that was ever produced. But I have seen a post from an LST guy who broke something - ... by brushing against it with his foot.

That said, an LST2 is doubtless an excellent truck - but out of the box no way in hell is it a "drive it off the roof" kind of basher. I even want one - but for what they cost, and based on LOTS of other people's experience, I wouldn't try half of what wouldn't even phase me with a Savage.

Revos too are surely awesome. I'd never consider one cuz I live in Germany and they're just not that well-represented here.

I've tried to be patient with you in the past - but you just need so settle down there boy..

This thread is about toughness chief, not driving in circles around a track.

wow, there really is no hope for you. You know it all. YOU are THE man. you have years of experience to back up your claims, you've owned TONS of nitro MT's, and you are the most skilled nitro MT enthusiast alive.

Driving around in cricles huh? YEP, thats all I do with my LST! Thats all it's good for!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43881.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	467028  
Old 05-26-2006, 08:22 PM
michelob78

Has anyone bashed a havoc yet? They are marketed as stunt trucks..... Just to throw out something different. I don't own one or have seen one yet just a thought.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:23 PM
LivingLegend

my only experiance being with a t-maxx a lst1 and a savage x i would most definatly say savage by a long shot. i have run my savage at near top speed into a curb several times and actually at top speed into a curb once(but at like a 30* angle, not head on) and i still have not hurt the savage. the t maxx has broken arms and bulkheads, the lst has broken arms, turnbuckles, tie rods and axels, but not a scratch on the savage.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:28 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: michelob78

Has anyone bashed a havoc yet? They are marketed as stunt trucks..... Just to throw out something different. I don't own one or have seen one yet just a thought.
I saw that review in the june issue of RCCA. Looked.. ok. A little too truggy-like in my opinion, and truggies arent known for their bashing abillities..
Old 05-26-2006, 08:38 PM
HerrSavage

Look man, I know you're a hothead, and it was precisely people like you I was referring to earlier.. This kind of thread is all too prone to lead to useless arguments with punks... I mean, young men, such as yourself...

But your blatant belligerence, on this forum and others, does as much to reduce your credibility as does my lack of experience(which I admit BTW..) I at least make every attempt to be objective, and I won't bother trying to explain it - because you know it.

It's true - I confess it to the world - my nitro experience is only 3 gallons on a stock Savage 25(well, not including my Kyosho FW-05T, but I've only got about a gallon on it because it's hard to find big enough parking lots to reach top speed.. VERY VERY fast, BTW..)

But as I've also stated over and over again, I am interested in an LST2. But the originator of this thread made me laugh with his bluntness - because in saying that he wanted to drive off the tops of houses well, there IS an element of objectivity to it all. Like duckedup said, go to beatyourtruck.com, or slapmafro, or beaverstick(though they're more and more Revo it seems..), or OK, just a sec, let me post my favorite video, AGAIN:

http://highoctanehobbies.com/videos/redneckbashers2.wmv

The first Savage in the vid is a stock Savage SS. The first few seconds of this vid epitomizes what bashing is all about: toughness(also stylistically a cool vid IMO - made me love Savages again after being disappointed in HPI for coming out with the X..)

And Hamburglar, you know DAMN well that I want an LST2, and I've been asking around a lot. The reason I don't have one yet(aside from being unable to sell my Savage X..) is that, based on whtat people in like ten different forums have said, the LST2 is precisely NOT tough out of the box. For me it would be a money-pit - that I take as a fact(but I STILL want one.. Speed is addictive..)

Just admit it.

I don't have to own one to know it. Nor do I have to go to the Sahara desert to know it's hot - I can read about it..
Old 05-26-2006, 08:44 PM
HerrSavage

I just read a review of the Havoc on a German site. Surprisingly they said it was tough - though if you watch the vids on the site, you can see the wheel pop off one on a jump. But there is also a really cool shot of a Havoc "grinding" a rail at a skate park..

BTW, the vids are almost all of LST2's - and some of the coolest jumping footage I've seen(mostly based on the flair the guy pulls off on a quarter pipe..) It's in German, but click around and you should be able to understand some of it..:

http://www.driftfactory.de/randseite.html

Main problem with the Havoc I think would be spare parts.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:44 PM
PillowPants

Well i think where we clash is the point where you see it as a money pit and I see it as an enjoyable hobby where your wallet is the limit. I think that is definately where we bash heads.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:46 PM
HerrSavage

Click on "testlab" and you can see how they rank the different MT's. (Many..)Germans for some reason(mostly marketing and pricing..) are VERY anti-HPI BTW.. They love MTA4's...
Old 05-26-2006, 08:53 PM
HerrSavage

I don't doubt the LST is awesome dude. But to make it durable you have to start off with €800 - at least here in Germany. That's more than two times my share of the rent..

And even then it's probably not as durable as a Savage.

The enjoyable bit for me is thrashing your truck, and having the confidence that it can handle most of what you throw at it. It's not a joke at all to say that with my Savage 25, given the right roof, I'd enjoy driving off of it..

But with an €800 LST2 everything'd be ... well, a bit different...
Old 05-26-2006, 09:01 PM
PillowPants

The budget confrintation is definately understandable man. Hell, we are in this for fun, and how fun is it to be broke? All that matters is that we are having a good time! You have a great time with your savage, as I do with my LST!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
HerrSavage

Deal..
Old 05-26-2006, 11:13 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

From my own experiance, all I can tell you is Tmaxx sucks. Savages are great for bashing, not for racing. CEN MT2/magnum is dirt cheap and will eat a maxx and outrace a savage but not outbash it.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:16 AM
*Nitstklr72*

what one is strongest STOCK
Old 05-27-2006, 09:27 AM
HerrSavage

You're not trying to stir up trouble are you?..

The answer to your question is truly unequivocal.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:11 AM
*Nitstklr72*

no im just trying to maek a choise
Old 05-27-2006, 01:01 PM
tristy

savage
Old 05-27-2006, 02:24 PM
*Nitstklr72*

ok what parts often break on each model and list the price and how u broke it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.