Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Will Duratrax DO Warhead RIGHT???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Will Duratrax DO Warhead RIGHT???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 11:13 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Will Duratrax DO Warhead RIGHT???

Im just wondering what all of you think, do you think Duratrax will finally come out with a revised version of the Warhead with most of the weak points fixxed and have a contender in the market. You know like Cen did with the Genesis, and Losi did with the LST, or will they let it ride??

My Guess is NO, but i truly hope i am wrong
Old 05-28-2006, 11:30 AM
bauerbach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will Duratrax DO Warhead RIGHT???

does it even matter?

with the aftershock and MGT cheaper, real question is, is duratrax even capable of making a truck that can compete?
Old 05-28-2006, 02:35 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Nope, and Nope. Duratrax things are for beginners. Even the pro stuff. It's junk. I talked to duratrax tech support when I had a WH and he told me himself they do not build like losi and HPI do.....

I was at a RC Boat fun run yesterday and my man Juyls (or wavewaker on here ) had a WH. Yeah, he ran it for about a minute. Nothing against him, but it sucks. He knows it too

The warhead looks nice on paper, it looks nice on the shelf. Get it home and run it and you will see why no one is buying them anymore who knows better. It's cheep, has a CRAP engine and breaks all the time. Heck, I even broke mine suring breakin of the engine.

MGT, Savage, aftershock gennero truck, they are all miles ahead of this thing.

Duratrax is a Day late and a dollar short.
ORIGINAL: bauerbach

does it even matter?

with the aftershock and MGT cheaper, real question is, is duratrax even capable of making a truck that can compete?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:25 PM
PillowPants

Why bother? All they could possibly hope for is for it to be as good as a savage, with the TVP design. So why not just get a savage?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:54 PM
RC30GTR

no.... becuase they are not reponsible company like CEN or Losi..

They will most likely dump all the ones they have at lower prices to entice the 1st time R/C Newbie and then come out with a replacement truck later on
Old 05-28-2006, 06:27 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Why bother?

The warhead is just a crappy rip off of a savage.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Wide Open

i dont know what theyre doing. they keep trying to come out with "performance parts", but they dont change the actual stock truck. im so glad i got rid of mine for an mgt, though. its 20 times better.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:47 PM
duckedup

I was actually considering a warhead BEFORE I became a member of RCU lol ..... I'm happy with my MGT... also, I doubt DTX will come out with a better or revised truck. Like stated earlier - they'll probably just come up with a whole new --pile of problems-- to replace it later down the road. Cool looking truck but it's a Duratrax.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
danny f norman

i have a warhead and i'll admit i've had my share of problems with it like the motor and tranny but come on guys the savage is way to slow to keep up with a warhead or any thing else for that matter. the savages are very capable bashers but they are not fast even the new savage x is having problems give it time they'll fix it
Old 05-28-2006, 10:09 PM
DadtoaMarine

I bought my Savage .25 (my aviator is the .25 after a mud run) about a month before I bought my warhead and this is my 2 cents. First, IMHO, the WH handles 100 times better than the Savage, jumps better, and physically just as strong. My WH hit a metal swing set at near full speed and the only damage was to the swing set.

You cannot argue with the service and suppor that comes with the WH. Every time I have called them there has been no questions asked when it came to replacing some thing that had broke (at this time the only thing that has broke has been the servo arm). They will take a complete truck and basically give it an overhaul without any questions asked. Let's see you get that kind of service from HPI. And yes, they are putting all the new upgrades (spur gears, slipper pads and clutches) on the returned trucks at no charge to anyone that sends one in for service.

These trucks were a beta release and I was told by a HS tech that each issue is being address and updated with each new shipment.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:34 PM
erawtik
My Feedback: (1)

Iv had mine for 2 months and went through a hand full of spurs untill i seen the motor was hitting the mount so it wasnt meshed proper. Fixed that and iv got 10+ tanks in it on same spur. Iv ramped mine number of time and even crashed it about half throtle into a post broke nothing just bent the front of the truck. The truck fires right up on 1st to second pull. And yes it is a bit faster than the X i have in the garge just dont have the power the X has and of course dosnt even compare the my Revo.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:39 PM
blackrain

i like the warhead as soon as they work the bugs out i will get one. i think duratrax will stick buy it they have bin competing it in quite a few races so that says a lot for me. the fact that its starter box capable is what i like the most.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:20 AM
duckedup

I don't know..... I don't mean to dog on anyones truck. Like I said earlier, I planned on getting one before I joined RCU and saw all the negative posts about it. It is a cool looking truck and seems like it has a lot of potential but will duratrax pay attention to they're customers and take care of the querks is the question, hope so!. Would be cool to see a Warhead2 and start hearing more positive than negative..... w/that being said, Good Luck!
Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 AM
duckedup

One thing you gotta give Duratrax credit for even if it is sort of a savage clone, it is a TRUE 1/8 scale MT (unlike the savage)
Old 05-29-2006, 09:13 AM
finalimpact

i too liked my warhead........now it sits on shelf stripped for parts and waits for the day dtx may come out with better stuff. i like the suspension design thats really about it. and the body is super thick wen compared to my savage x body which btw is tore th hell up.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
ThermalRD

The warhead was only released this past November correct? Soo it has less than a year on it? How many generations of Genesis trucks did it take to get it right? And what version are they on now? See what im saying? The LST1 was a total POS. Even Drake had a hard time finishing races. Now we have the LST2, and its dialed. I say give em a chance. Buying a truck right at its release, is sure to cause some headaches. Its not for everyone. I will say the Duratrax customer service is second to none. I've never in my entire life seen a company send out a replacement truck. I know for Elite here on RCU, that they replaced his entire truck. Give it til this winter, and see how many changes have been made to the truck.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:10 PM
transam388

I would like to give the guys who are not just out to bash a NEW thing and take the stance of the proven design some credit. I am as some of you so much like to say a newbie to the R/C arena. I have had my WH 15 feet in the air jumping at an old BMX track and NOTHING broke! I have been running the motor and am happy with it's low end torque and top speed. It may be new but give it a chance. I drag race my real car and am into cars but R/C people are like 80 X worse about talking crap about other manufacturers than drag racers. I really mean not to upset but I am just amazed at how quick everyone is to talk bad about different items within the R/C world. I have friends now with Ofna buggys and truggies and they haul. Both of them think for an MT my Warhead is awesome. Just give it some time. There are a few aftermarkeket parts out now for the WH and it really is not a bad truck. Maybe I got lucky but so far I won't count hitting a curb and breaking a bulkhead against DTX.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Chronic

I know of one that's not even done with the engine break-in and it's already on it's third owner, last time I heard. All of the ones sold around here have been total turds. They don't run long enough to break. I'm sure there are people out there that have had positive experiences with it and that's awesome, but you can't overlook the 75%(easy) of owners who have not.

Will Duratrax make it right? Maybe. Until I see that they do, I'm recommending to anyone who asks me that they should stay as far away from it as possible. At least the old LST1 came with a quality engine and electronics, and it was just a "fun" truck. The aftermarket as well as Losi stepped up and really made it possible to turn that platform into a great rig. I just don't see the WH ever getting there. I hope they do fix it, as I'd really like to see another good truck out there that utilizes the vertical chassis plate design.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:28 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Chronic

I know of one that's not even done with the engine break-in and it's already on it's third owner, last time I heard. All of the ones sold around here have been total turds. They don't run long enough to break. I'm sure there are people out there that have had positive experiences with it and that's awesome, but you can't overlook the 75%(easy) of owners who have not.

Will Duratrax make it right? Maybe. Until I see that they do, I'm recommending to anyone who asks me that they should stay as far away from it as possible. At least the old LST1 came with a quality engine and electronics, and it was just a "fun" truck. The aftermarket as well as Losi stepped up and really made it possible to turn that platform into a great rig. I just don't see the WH ever getting there. I hope they do fix it, as I'd really like to see another good truck out there that utilizes the vertical chassis plate design.
You based your opinion of the WH on that? 3 guys owning it, and not finishing break in yet? How did they manage to get a bad impression of a truck, thats not broken in? It shouldnt even be driven hard at that point.

LST1 came with a QUALITY ENGINE??? OMG, you've gotta be kidding me. Go read some old posts from when it first came out. Tell me how many engines blew up. I dont think the WH is all that special either, but they deserve the chance to get it right. Every company makes updates to these trucks. I do agree though. With all the bad reviews on the warhead, its obvious it needs alot of attention from Duratrax. But dont think for a minute, that the more well known companies dont have flaws.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:31 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me learning from your mistakes, as a worker, a manufacturer or what ever is what its all about. I make lots of mistakes, I try to analayze, gather data and feedback and try to improve upon that area in my life or work, sometimes I just completley toss the idea.

My philosophy is Duratrax has the platform, now will they fix most of the weak points. Anyone can hand out new parts, and make customers smile, but can they fix it????? I hope they'll give it a try. I know the nitro evader is one mean and sweet little truck, easily as tough as my losi xxxnt, and rc10gt.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Chronic

I'm basing my opinion on the one that a couple of friends have passed around, I watched the LHS break-in another one one day and it was nothing but problems. The LHS owner told me it was crap, he's not going to sell anymore. I've read post upon post from unhappy owners... I mean I have never owned or taken one apart and studied it, but I've seen enough to base my own opinions, which is what I was stating.

I'm no more impressed by the LST1 than you are, but to compare it to the WH is silly. Yes, the Mach engine suffered from the whole washer nightmare and I don't think anyone ever accused that connecting rod of being strong either, but it was very good for a first run RTR. The electronics were awesome for any level RTR, and that whole platform has since been refined to an impressive level. Apples and oranges in this discussion at this point in time.
Like I said, I hope they "fix" the Warhead... but it SEEMS they have a long road ahead of them.