Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

hv-maxx emaxx or savage x?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 02:17 PM
meetball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hv-maxx emaxx or savage x?

should i buy an emaxx and install a brushless motor system (hv-maxx) or should i get a savage x and keep it stock with minor upgrades. if i get the emaxx with a hv-maxx system with 14cell batteries, how fast will it go? the hacker brushless c50 looks kind of expensive, so i'd rather get the novak one.... or, should i just get a savage x
Old 06-10-2006, 02:27 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: hv-maxx emaxx or savage x?

First you have to decide between nitro and electric.. I go for nitro.. Just get a Nemesis - you'll love it if for no other reason than you spent so much money on it... Nitro is more fun cuz it's louder...
Old 06-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Savage_OWNS

ya, nitro will annoy ur neighbors, but its still better. i have an mt2 and a savage, so of course i have a biast opinion but savages are said to have great starter engines (i agree) and most durable trucks (i also agree) and the savage and the new 3.3 maxx are really the only ones i see pullin wheelies down the street and all so id go with savage, dont go t-maxx or revo or e-maxx or wehatever. undurable. and if u get a savage, get a receiver pack and high torque servos all around for the first upgrade, you'll be happy with those. and the thing you HAVE to do is BREAK IT IN. if u skip it, buy a new engine cuz it screws it up pretty bad. unless u get lucky. (u wont). plus savages are more customizable than e maxx's when youre ready to upgrade. gl
Old 06-10-2006, 04:28 PM
meetball

ok so i should get a savage x and just put a little bit of hopups in it? Im not really into buying parts for it to make it go faster just for looks,mods, and so on. you dont think a brushles emaxx is stronger/faster than a savage x though?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
savagebasha26

get emaxx it will go jsut as fast as savage with none of the hassel
Old 01-29-2007, 02:38 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Emaxx and go Brushless... Lots of good times there!

The Emaxx will MOVE with a brushless system, I've got the HV 6.5 in mine and it scoots along pretty good!

Plus I don't have to tune nitro! Always a plus in my book.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:09 PM
pimptruck

Go e-maxx and get the Mamba Monster Max when it comes out. You should be getting around 60 with the right batteries, all the other mamba brushless systems get to 60+ with the right batteries. If you want speed, brushless is the way to go. http://www.modelairplanenews.com/rc/...need_speed.asp
And they don't even have brushless.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:28 PM
farknben

Like everybody else has said.....do you want electric or nitro????? Thats really the only decideing factor.

Both have there pros and cons. Neither is better then the other. It just depends on what you want.

Pick the one you like more. And enjoy it!

Both are great trucks period.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
racer/flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Both are great trucks, I am sure, even though I don't have a savage. I've had an E-maxx since like '02', and it is a great and fun truck for light bashing, but I wouldn't recommend it for jumping unless you want to invest in aluminum skids, bulkheads, towers, braces, etc. I used to think it was all just for looks, and a waste of money, but I sure was wrong. I started jumping it and it was fun for a while. I was only going about 3 to 3.5 feet high, and I was landing on all fours, yet it still broke. I ended up bending like half of the shocks, one severely, breaking the front and rear skid, and front and rear bulk head. Since I don't have a hobby shop near me,{except for the one like ninety miles away}, I just came up with home made fixes such as the skid plates,{I made custom copper ones}, and I used wire to hold it all together. The problem was that with my cheap fix, I couldn't get the front drive shafts working properly, so I took them out and only used the rear; bad idea, apparently they couldn't handle the stress of the two titans on matched batteries, so the shafts slowly wore down as I replaced them with the front shafts. Now my awesome E-maxx is in a bunch of pieces in a shoe box. It would cost me like $200 easy if I upgraded the parts that I ruined, minus upgraded shocks. I have a hard time droppin that kind of money on a truck that only cost $319.
Sorry for the windy writing, I guess I get carried away!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
hmott3

On the other side of that, I'm think it would be a HUGE deal to make a savage do 60. I think by the time you where done it wouldn't even really be a savage anymore. Out of the box the X 4.6 has huge torque that will put it on its back in a flash, but a quick corner will also put it on its back. But then you can do 15 foot high back flips and it will drive away without a problem. I don't think a 3 or 3.5 foot jump could break a savage no matter how you landed. It takes the 10+ foot range to start breaking stuff, and then its only if you land wrong. I think you need to decide what kind of truck you want, and then get it. You are asking about two very very different trucks.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:15 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A brushless emaxx will smoke a box stock Savage X or XSS.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

i'd go with the e-maxx.

also check out some of the feigao motors here, you would save a lot of money.

www.hobbycity.com
Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 PM
racer/flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Sure, a brushless E-maxx will smoke a savage 4.6, but have you taken into account how much money it cost to upgrade an E-maxx to brushless power. I guess it wouldn't be as expensive to do it to one of the new E-maxx's with steel tranny gears, but it is still way to much. You can get a savage 4.6 to run fourty for about $500, with fuel and accessories. And I really wasn't kidding about my truck breaking when going three feet high; it's ridiculous! I haven't even drove any of my cars in like six months!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you want? Speed (emaxx) or durability (savage). The savage is fast enough for me. But what gets me is how durable the thing is. It can take some really rough landings and keep on rolling. You don't need hopups to make it tough, it's tough out of the box. The only "hopup" I would reccomend immediately is a hump pack for the receiver. The savage is nails.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Metallover

get an electric savage x! put in the upcoming mamba monster max if it ever comes out. thats what im doing