Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Maxx 3.3, LST2 or Genesis 46 LE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Maxx 3.3, LST2 or Genesis 46 LE

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 01:06 AM
spork108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxx 3.3, LST2 or Genesis 46 LE

Hey all. As I am just a newbie when it comes to all this R/C nitro monster truck stuff, i went out and baught a new Tmaxx 3.3 It's been alright. But i think it is time to get into something a little more durable and practicle. I don't really race, but i may in the future, as it is i just like to bash around. Anyways back to my point. I want to get a new truck and i am debating the Team losi LST2 or the Cen Racing Genesis 46 limited edition. Would someone please fill me in as to which would be a better buy. As i said, im not too enlightened in this stuff as yet. Thanks.

Chris
Old 07-03-2006, 02:17 AM
michelob78

Default RE: Maxx 3.3, LST2 or Genesis 46 LE

If you can wait untill the fall Cen is releasing a GST (Genesis Super Truck) that might be worth waiting for, there should not be major issues since it will basically be Cen's 4th revision of the Genesis chassis. Should be a very interesting truck.

If you are wanting to purchase now, both are very good trucks. The LST feels more comfortable around a track than the Genesis, but if you are looking into a basher, I say the Cen takes it. Either one will be a good choice. What's wrong with the Revo? They can be made more durable, and with the combination of light weight and the engines you can put in it, makes it a nice screamer. Of course you never can go wrong buying another truck....
Old 07-04-2006, 02:35 AM
RC30GTR

GENESIS 46 all the way... its different and the 46 engine toruqe is amazing... my genesis can literally tow a LST around with ease. Revo is just a toy next to genesis, its only aboutg half the size
Old 07-04-2006, 09:22 AM
huw4027

They are both good trucks but if you want to bash and also race then the LST 2 is your baby but if you want to do some serious bashing .... .46 engine - 7 1/2 in. wheels,heavy duty suspension - the Genesis is the one.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

I would wait for the Genesis Super Truck rather go with any of the above mentioned. Should be super durable as with the past CEN MT's and is supposed to be like that of the NEMESIS. So if racing is in your mind you will be able to have your cake and eat them two (LST2, Revo). hee, hee.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:50 PM
duckedup

I'd say Genesis for bashing all the way. Super tough, good electronics, and it's HUGE[X(]-- can't beat the power either. LST 2 is an awsome truck for the track but IMO (based on 1st hand experience w/an LST1) is not a great basher. My MGT is a much better basher than the LST, it doesn't break as much --- (oh, and I just picked up a Nemi so maybe I'm a little bias)
Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 PM
huw4027

Shucks, everywhere i go you just keep on rubbing it in my face. [:@] [8D]
Old 07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
duckedup

lol
Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 AM
RC30GTR

CEN Genesis limited edition... its simply the best... i have a stanard version and its kickng butt already... its defintley super durable and promising performance. The torque is amazing as i can tow around a lst for fun. You also get FM radio and wheelie on demand.. not to mention the biggest truck and can run your neighbor's revo over
Old 08-04-2006, 12:11 AM
spork108

haha thanks for all the replies. Believe it or not. I got into racing and baught myself a Sportwerks Turmoil buggy. Whoa is that thing crazy fun. haha
Old 08-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Roscco

Nice,

Looking for a Monster and end up with a buggy, just goes to show how diverse and fun different aspects of our hobby are.

Enjoy
Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Chronic

Not to start an argument over the CEN products, because I really don't know that much about them, but in order to tow an LST2 you have to be able to catch it. I'm sorry, but a Genesis is 17lbs isn't it? I know they have slightly larger wheelbase and track width, but that still kind of brings up mental images of an elephant on roller skates.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

True. I doubt a Genesis will ever be able to catch a LST2. the Genesis is just a big bulky truck
Old 08-04-2006, 07:06 PM
CEN Racing

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

True. I doubt a Genesis will ever be able to catch a LST2. the Genesis is just a big bulky truck
Belive it or not, we can catch them easily and we also won a couple times....
Old 08-04-2006, 07:18 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

Belive it or not, we can catch them easily and we also won a couple times....
how does that go, race and win on sunday and sell all the cars on monday....
Old 08-04-2006, 11:49 PM
RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: Chronic

Not to start an argument over the CEN products, because I really don't know that much about them, but in order to tow an LST2 you have to be able to catch it. I'm sorry, but a Genesis is 17lbs isn't it? I know they have slightly larger wheelbase and track width, but that still kind of brings up mental images of an elephant on roller skates.
you will be surprised. Genesis is not as sluggish as you think, its actually pretty dialed. A full racing genesis is just as light as a LST.. and you will got the the toruqe LST will never have.. or drop a .28 then its even... if you can drive.. you can catch a LST with Genesis.. its not hard at all
Old 08-05-2006, 12:06 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

You gotta drive one of these things to believe it. Form the pics, I assumed it would be about the same size as the savage or an LST2 maybe. Got a big surprise when I got it in the mail, not haveing seen one up close. It's HUGE! Especially since I had gotten rid of my 1/8s and only had a few 1/10s at the time. lol

At first I thought it was gonna drive like a gravel truck, but it wasn't long till I knew that I was dead wrong there.

My genesis (heavier than 17 lb due to alum shocks, alum diffs, etc.), will be neck and neck with my friends LST2 on pavement for accel. It seems to come down to who's tuned in better, but the genesis has a bit more top end due to the 3 speed.

BUT, put them on some soft dirt, mud, grass, gravel or whatever.... And the Genesis SMOKES the LST2. It seems to retain almost the same accel and top end as it does on pavement, whereas the LST2 slows down a lot, especially in the grass. It must just be the torque on the .46.

But bashing, the Genesis wins everytime.

Really, for a fair comparison, you need to compare the Nemesis to the LST2. They are both more set up for racing, with a 2 speed and no reverse and similar weights.

Now a Revo 3.3 on the other hand, my genesis can't keep up wtih on the pavement. The Revo handles better and has more accel.
But again, go on any surface other than packed dirt/clay or pavement and the Genesis owns it.

Just my experience.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:29 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Well something must be wrong with your LST2, because those things go over 40+ mph, tested by a magazine, vs 34 for the Nemesis, which is both lighter, and more agile.

And 2D's race LST weighs 9lbs. I don't see any Nemesis, or Genesis that weighs that little.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:44 AM
RC30GTR

lol? since when top speed matters in racing? Anyways, RCCA test 41mph for Genesis when it first released... so thats 1MPH faster than your might LST if top speed means so much to you

its more than weight and top speed when it comes to racing..... lol.... a 14 lb genesis is winning races over LST.. anyday... not to menton Losi has the world class Adam drake driving
Old 08-05-2006, 01:29 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Well something must be wrong with your LST2, because those things go over 40+ mph, tested by a magazine, vs 34 for the Nemesis, which is both lighter, and more agile.

And 2D's race LST weighs 9lbs. I don't see any Nemesis, or Genesis that weighs that little.
His LST2 does 38 MPH and my Genesis does 40 MPH. I don't have a radar gun, but thats the top speed I found on both with my GPS. Mind you, the GPS is a fair size and weighs about a half pound or a bit more.

The Nemesis only does 34 because it's a 2 speed geared for racing. The Genesis is a 3 speed with reverse.

Generally, when you see a Nemesis that has been made race ready, it has only 4 shocks and a .28 engine, alum pipe (or carbon), and 40 series tires. Those make a bit of weight difference, but It is still a 12-13 lb truck.

I had trouble deciding between the LST2 and the Genesis.
The things I did like about the LST2 over the Genesis though, are the alum diff cases, phat shocks, and alum clutch shoes.
But, my friend got an LST2, so I got a Genesis just to be different.
After we ran the truck together, I'm sure glad I got the Genesis.