Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

question about 4ws

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:22 PM
mastathug0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about 4ws

Can i hook up 4 wheel steering on my tmaxx if so what can i use all i can find is clodbuster and CEN 4WS kits
Old 07-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: question about 4ws

mount the servo in the rear and make some turnbuckles and get a big servo saver .
Old 07-04-2006, 06:10 PM
BCBasher

I've wondered about that aswell maybe if you used a front end ( bulkheads, skidplate, and steering bellcrank ) in the back and moved the gas tank to put the servo. I don't Know if there is enough room on the back of the chassis for the steering or between the braces, you might also be looking at a custom chassis or modifing a extended big block conversion kit.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Well , thats how I did my emaxx that I had .
Old 07-05-2006, 12:34 PM
mastathug0

right on i wont be doing this with the truck i got now cause everything breaks on it and the motor wont stop overheating so i have to take it to my local Great Hobbies(they're the only place we have here that works on RC Cars) store and get it fixed after that i will get a new job and buy a good truck then modify it for 4ws
Old 07-05-2006, 10:11 PM
mastathug0

how would i make it so that the rear steering is the reverse of the front with just a standard remote to steer the truck if isnt reversed in the rear it will just make the truck crab walk wont it
Old 07-06-2006, 04:59 PM
BCBasher

Which way the rear steering worked would depend on what side of the servo horn you mounted the linkage too. I was looking at the bottom of mine before work yesterday comparing the front and back of the frame and braces and really don't think it can be done just by substituting parts, the motor mount is right where 1 side of the servo saver mounts, not a big deal if you countersunk the screw but the rear half of the chassis braces is longer than the front. There are 2 solutions for that though, custom braces (milling machine required) or a custom chassis (could probably be done with dremmel or drill and a jigsaw) definitely not a kit eh? I have 1 maxx with a busted up rear and instead of getting the parts to fix it I just bought another, this project is on my list if I can get a third truck this year I'll have enough parts to build 1 for my 12yo son and maybe tackle this if I could get down to my dads shop more.