RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GST 7.7

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST 7.7

I have to own this truck [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]....

http://www.cenracing.com/cars/gst/gst.html

This truck looks just straight bad @$$ and has some real beefy parts....

I remember people having issue's with the 3 speed.. Some say they could never get into 3rd gear... Has this problem been fixed with the newer trucks??

Also is anyone else here going to purchase this truck when its released [8D]

Old 07-14-2006, 09:54 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GST 7.7

Sure does make the Revo look tiny..
Old 07-14-2006, 10:00 AM
mikewoodkozar

eh, the body is sweet, but its jsut too big and less than nimble for me, i will stick to my LST's
Old 07-14-2006, 10:11 AM
ThermalRD

That truck looks downright amazing. Problem is, it still uses the same fuel tank as the rest. Which is still an issue. Visit the CEN forum and read about the people with the tuning issues. These trucks require soo much tuning during a drive, that they are not even enjoyable. Initially the size, and look just held me over. But when it comes time to actually run it.... Its just not fun. Now the 3 speed has always worked for me. Just not consistent shift points. Probably due to my diff oil setup.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
fantomas

Thanks for the heads up thermal ... I will look into the fuel tank issue..

And I hear ya MWK.. I own a LST also.. Sweet truck, but there is something about this GST that really appeals to me..
Old 07-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Chronic

From their website: " Look at the size of GST 7.7. This beast is 30% larger than a Traxxas Revo 3.3. At the same time, it includes many unique features no other truck does. 7.7 engine, 3 speed transmission, reverse module, Digital Radio system, and much more."

The size difference over the revo is obvious, but the other stuff is just a lie. The HB Truckzilla package(Savage) has a .46 engine, the Savage and Mad Force have three speeds, several other trucks come with radios just as nice. Don't know what "much more" is...

I hope it's as good as everyone is speculating it will be. I've wanted a Nemesis to play around with, but I don't really like them that much, I just like the size. It's got a center diff too though right? I know the big engine won't matter with club racing, but won't that diff mean it's not allowed with the MTs? I guess my question is: is this thing meant to unfairly compete with normal MTs, or are they just crazy and trying to claim that it can hang with the trugs? There aren't any running around my area that I know of, so I'm a little uneducated about the CEN monsters. What class will they be in at the track?

Old 07-14-2006, 11:23 AM
fantomas

I guess my question is: is this thing meant to unfairly compete with normal MTs, or are they just crazy and trying to claim that it can hang with the trugs? There aren't any running around my area that I know of, so I'm a little uneducated about the CEN monsters. What class will they be in at the track?
Heck who knows.... I just want to bash around with it in my back yard... I have a couple other trucks to race with ..

But to be honest.. I don't see this GST being very competitive in the MT racing scene.. IMHO
Old 07-14-2006, 11:24 AM
jigga2177

I have had a Genesis for 2 years and I don't have the fuel tank problem ThermalRD has. I did have tuning problems in the beginning, but it was my first nitro truck so I blame my own inexperience. Other trucks that my friends have were easier to start, but now my truck runs fine. I ran 4 tanks through it back to back without tuning at all and out ran a savage in the process with my 3rd speed gear out.

I don't know how the center diff makes a difference, they race the nemesis and you can view the results on the website.

Overall, I wouldn't steer anyone away from the Genesis just because of how much I enjoy mine. It runs great, looks good, and I don't have to worry about 5 other people having the same truck I have when I go to the track....and it runs great there also. The truck can easily be adjusted to the lower riding height of the Nemesis and if you look at the GST closely, it's the same parts on all three trucks so you can go from a Monster Attention getter to a nimble racer in a couple of setup changes.

It's the only MT I have...my T-MAXX is having technical difficulties right now. Just my opinion.....
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 AM
blackrain

i plan on getting one and they are just as nimble as a lst if not better. its just a matter of tire selection and setup i do run a .28 on mine and the center diff is a huge plus this truck is as tough as nails so there are other options as far as engine size
Old 07-14-2006, 11:42 AM
fantomas

Overall, I wouldn't steer anyone away from the Genesis just because of how much I enjoy mine. It runs great, looks good, and I don't have to worry about 5 other people having the same truck I have when I go to the track....and it runs great there also. The truck can easily be adjusted to the lower riding height of the Nemesis and if you look at the GST closely, it's the same parts on all three trucks so you can go from a Monster Attention getter to a nimble racer in a couple of setup changes.
Hmm.. maybe it could be a competitive racer.... [&:]

How is CEN's customer service?
Old 07-14-2006, 11:52 AM
blackrain

my nemesis in race trim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41929.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	491457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23697.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	491458  
Old 07-14-2006, 11:53 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Cen's customer service is the main reason I now stick to CEN vehicles.

Check out their forums that CEN has someone on all the time. Plus there is a CEN racing section of RCU that A CEN rep is on pretty often to answer questions.

http://cenracing.com/phpBB/
http://teamkinwald.net/phpBB2/index....3b7455cfe11a47
Old 07-14-2006, 12:14 PM
ThermalRD

If you want it for a Racer, then wait a bit. They have a GST 4.6 coming. It'll have a .28, standard tires, wheels, and race legal fuel tank.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Pyrotechnic

The size difference over the revo is obvious, but the other stuff is just a lie. The HB Truckzilla package(Savage) has a .46 engine, the Savage and Mad Force have three speeds, several other trucks come with radios just as nice. Don't know what "much more" is...

but those trucks only have 1 speacial item. where the gst has all of it in 1 truck. i think it looks like a great truck, but im saving for a baja 5b cuz nitro is getting to expensive for me[]
Old 07-14-2006, 06:47 PM
CEN Racing

ORIGINAL: Chronic

From their website: " Look at the size of GST 7.7. This beast is 30% larger than a Traxxas Revo 3.3. At the same time, it includes many unique features no other truck does. 7.7 engine, 3 speed transmission, reverse module, Digital Radio system, and much more."

I hope it's as good as everyone is speculating it will be. I've wanted a Nemesis to play around with, but I don't really like them that much, I just like the size. It's got a center diff too though right? I know the big engine won't matter with club racing, but won't that diff mean it's not allowed with the MTs? I guess my question is: is this thing meant to unfairly compete with normal MTs, or are they just crazy and trying to claim that it can hang with the trugs? There aren't any running around my area that I know of, so I'm a little uneducated about the CEN monsters. What class will they be in at the track?
The Nemesis is defintley one of the best race truck in the market. We won the truggy class with the Nemesis at the last R/C Car Action Monster Madness as well as the big block class in the US Gas Champ.. The Nemesis are meant to be ran in the Big Block class or unlimited class depend on the rule, but most of the time, it is legal to run the big block class.

The Hot bodies has a .46 but its a side exhaust heli engine. Our is a true rear exhaust MT engine.

The Mad force has 3 speed tranny too but not 3 speed reverse. GSt 7.7 has 3 speed forward and reverse system. You can literally go 45mph in both direction...

Old 07-14-2006, 08:34 PM
michelob78

I must say, I really like the body and color scheme. It might not be the most pressing issue, but that is one awesome looking stock body. I might pony up for one myself, or get to GST specs on my genny.

I have not seen the fuel tank or tuning issues that people speak of, I tune my NX-76 almost exactly the same as all of my other engines? I checked my fuel tank after another member noted it was hard to blow into the tank, mine is actually pretty easy..... which might contribute to that I am not sure, as long as it keeps sucking down the gallons
Old 07-14-2006, 09:35 PM
huw4027

As we say here in Jamaica " Big up " to the Genny & Nemmy.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:08 AM
mikewoodkozar

Dang black rain, i take it your track is red clay?

Never seen anything like that here in Michigan
Old 07-15-2006, 07:14 AM
fantomas

Hey CEN... I was told that the .46 engine in the GST will be some what different than the original .46, but I didn't see any description of it on your site...

Is CEN still planning to have a new version of the .46 in the GST??
Old 07-15-2006, 07:03 PM
RC30GTR

AWESOME..... i am buying one for sure .. my genesis will have a partner
Old 07-16-2006, 06:46 PM
blackrain

check it out
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49555.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	492292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27069.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	492293  
Old 07-18-2006, 07:43 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Only thing I don't like is the cen price tag.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:32 PM
fantomas

From what was listed in the current car action mag is its going to be priced around 550.00 (give or take)...
Old 07-18-2006, 07:33 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Sounds expensive to me.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:40 PM
fantomas

I think its a fair price considering the size of this thing, but it all depends on what you like i guess..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.