Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Any off road nitro tracks near Lansing, MI ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Any off road nitro tracks near Lansing, MI ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
bowhuntre74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any off road nitro tracks near Lansing, MI ???

Does anyone know if there are any nitro offroad tracks near Lansing, MI that lets or has a MT class?
Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 AM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: Any off road nitro tracks near Lansing, MI ???

There has got to be, have you checked RCCA?
Old 07-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Timmahh
Banned

theres one in West Olive east and a bit north i think.. its called WOOR West Olive Offroad Raceway.
theres DB or Dirt Burners, but i hear they are moving, they are currently south and i think west of Lansing but not possitive.
ther is PR or Pheasant Run in Burton/GrandBlanc area. and supposed to be a new place going in in Holly, but dont know about that.
In Saginaw, there is Shortrack which is north u 127 from lansing, to 46 East into Sagainaw then south about 3 block on Supperior from 46.
one more i can think of os east of Clio and called Freelin MX. It is a DirtBike/Quad track,but they also have a rc track.
last one in in Traverse City just south of TC to the east of 31.
hth
Timmahh
Old 07-16-2006, 08:58 AM
ThermalRD

Not sure if its still there, but there is a track in Lansing. I raced it last year, as part of the MGR series. I dont think they ever had an official website or anything though. It was also located in a public park
Old 07-16-2006, 09:03 AM
mikewoodkozar

my local track (Kalamazoo) has shut down forever and 1:1 gas prices suck so i have to travel now[:@]
Old 07-16-2006, 10:56 AM
binaryterror

Near Lansing...

There is one we raced at in 2005 for MGR, it was in a park...I know its not often races though.
Then you have Freelin MX (www.freelinmx.com) They too don't race weekly, but quite often.
Pheasant Runn is also pretty big, races last sunday of the month. Located in Holly Mi.
Dirtburners used to be in Commerce Township and races weekly in the winter on Sundays for the nitro guys. Right now they are in process of moving...soon should have us a race location again!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
mikewoodkozar

HAve you michigan guys been to Stateline Raceway right over the border in Indiana? My lhs raves about it.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:42 PM
savvy-racer

hey bowhuntre74, there is track about 5 minutes from lansing mall. its in a public park called grand woods. there is a race there once in a while, but not often. i used to live in lansing and went to that track alot, but now i moved. i still meet up my brother at that track maybe once or twice a month to bashed because he lived in grand rapids. thats like half way for both of us. if you ever want someone to bash with just let let me know. i think we are going to meet up there at that track this weekend coming up, so if you want to bash just pm me and we talk about it. btw, what kind of mt do you run, my brother and i both run truggies and fg hummer.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 AM
tgrand

Hey Matt,
Did you like the track layout when you raced there?
Old 08-09-2006, 08:38 AM
ThermalRD

Tgrand, the track was pretty nice. Nothing amazing, but it was a good track. It held up all day, had a big air jump, and some nice "sorta whoops". With a looooong sweeper at the end of the straight. Drivers stand is incredibly small, and incredibly low. At MGR, there were guys standing on the picnic table during the race.

MikeWoodkoazar, i've heard of that stateline raceway. Never been there. You got any pics? and a schedule? Maybe we need to take a trip.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 PM
tgrand

Thanks for the reply Matt, I'm going to try and ckeck it out real soon! I just like to get out and ckeck out all the different layouts and drive on a variety of different tracks!

tgrand(Terry)
Old 08-11-2006, 01:57 PM
BigBadBuzz

I have pics somewhere of the grandwoods park track and will post pics if I can ever find them. If not I live about 2 miles away and can take more. The track is basically a giant oval with an infield, it's kinda like a kidney or ear shape. I don't know of any organized races being held in Grandwoods and the tracks surface is starting to get a little rough from lack of maintenance but it's free and the layout runs pretty smooth.

Hey savvy-racer-I think I ran with your brother a couple Fridays ago.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 PM
tgrand

Hey thanks,
I would like to see pictures of the track. I'm going to try and make it up to lansing within the next two weeks to ckeck it out. Maybe we can meet up and have some fun out on the track!