Views:	14
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	509185  
Old 08-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor Monster Truck Thread

Here's a huge RC Universe thread on the Raptor I dug up for ya. 240+ posts worth.

That looks like the Raptor 2 they were talking about. How do you like it? Why don't you give us a review?

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1669163/anchors_1669163/mpage_1/key_raptor/anchor/tm.htm#1669163]Power Racing Raptor[/link]
Old 08-18-2006, 04:43 PM
senator050

He good to see others with the Raptor 2,just reading trough the old Raptor Threads[:@] some pretty neagative feedback anyway just finished putting in Team Infinity E.30 Motor in and once run in will have no probs rippin the front wheels of the ground.I actually think that it should have been fitted standard with nothing smaller than a .30 as it is a heavy Truck and because it has a low CG and very well balanced it is hard to lift the front unless you have the slipper set right and the clutch engaging at the right time and a good tune on the motor but it will lift the wheels of the ground with perseverance. If you want to push the boundries take the front dog bones out ,which can be done with minimal fuss and go and do some [:@] drifting in your local car park it RIPS[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

will post some pictures if i can get this memory card reader to READ!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:09 PM
PedeBeater

If ya ask me I think it looks better than a savage![:-]
Old 08-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Kevs Raptor 2

had a few probs with the truck at first,, basicaly my own fault, going too crazy with it, launching it of jumps at stupid speeds and watching it roll and cartwheel for some distance. But now I have calmed down a bit now after renewing bent and broken steering and suspension components ( even though though they were broken the truck still drove ( even on 3 wheels )

The parts for it are cheap and easily available, and they usualy are supplied in pairs of everything.. there is a guy called Mark in schumacher uk who is so helpful, order the parts and you have them on your door step the next day, even if they are out of stock he will track down model shops that they have recently supplied to and give you their contact details, you just phone them order your parts and again your parts are there on your door step the very day

Basicaly when I first had the truck and it broke I hated it, felt like putting the thing in the bin,, but now I have learned a bit more about the truck I love it and I woul'nt part with it
Old 08-20-2006, 05:32 PM
senator050

No you are quite right, You hate it when they just wont perform ,But when its crackin look out ,Was over in the vacant lot (parkland) yesterday and there was this yappin jack russel terrier just trying to catch it ,Mate did he put his tail between his legs and bolt after he and the RAPTOR had a bit of an altercation.(i hope its allright?)
Anyway that was the last outing with the 27 Saturday next week should see the Team Infinity.30 With metal Roto Start ,wanted to put a picture of it but couldnt, go to my gallery and have a look.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Kevs Raptor 2

Talk about bad luck,, so happy about my raptor until last night,, had been out with the monster, gettin it to weelie and blasting along flat out on its side on two wheels ,, looked cool, tyres were swelling up,, then I ran out of fuel,, took it back home then I noticed that the truck would not roll back. anyway just left it and tried it again tonight. the prob only worsened,, it would'nt take off, then it would then it would'nt,, So I picked it up and reved it,, had a look at the gears and nothing was turning except the flywheel. So back home I went, thinking it was something to do with the bell clutch, out came the engine, dismantled the bell clutch only to find 3 perfect shoes. Put the truck back on it's feet and still found this prob of locking up,, so then out came the gearbox,, checked the diffs etc and all was fine. so then I stripped the gearbox to find the fault which was the 2nd gear plate retaining screws had some how come out and mashed the gear and plate,, ( I thought these trucks were built to a high standard ) ( well mine was'nt )

I'm not one to moan about things, as these things are here to test us,, and at least I now know how to rebuild the gearbox

Parts will be orderd tomorrow gonna cost about £6 for the parts I need,, rebuild on Friday and out again on Saturday..

Some pics of the truck in bits on the wife's dining table, a mate came around tooso please ignor the other things on the table ( don't think the wife will be happy about it but I am in luck she's working away till Friday night, just enough time to rebuild it and to clear away the cans )

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58208.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	511996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39246.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	511997  
Old 08-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Kevs Raptor 2

parts came a day later so the wife saw all the mess on her table,, truck is all up and running again for the meantime
Old 10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Harkonnen

Looks like raptor thread is a little quiet so will add my 2 penny's worth lol ....... I LOVE mine ....... apart from a few ngigles like second gear and spur gear now and then this truck is strong ...... i have a raptor 1 but with the purple shocks and twin brakes.... put OS.30 engine in it with HB 2 pipe .... damn thing flies like a bat out of hell lol ..... i bought a schumacher swift cheap this week as well so put my toki .27 engine in it .... boy it flies with the .27 in it lol .....
I generally just bash around where i live ..... only broke a l/r hub when i hit a tree flat out and bent a shock a little so in the 4 months i had this truck i cant moan ...... like anything it has its good point and bad points ...... I love to run it on the beach where i live as well which is sooo much fun ..... just a pita all the cleaning i do to it ....... at least after all this i now know the truck inside out ......
Old 10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
ross_jsy

currnetly mine is dead. this post might just inspire me to get it running again. but all my time and money has gone into my other trucks. mainly my lst. i might put my lrp spec 3 in to see what happens. that can get my lst to wheelie on command and that weighs way over 20lbs.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:45 AM
vsv6perth

hey, Kev, that exact thing happened to my gearbox after i installed the new OS30 motor in it, i had to replace 1st and 2nd gears, everything got chewed up. just woundering if you guys can help, my main gear, the small one running off the motor, sits i little too far forward, i used the bell with new clutches of the .27 motor, it prob sits about 1-2mm too far forward, any ideas?
ohh and i've chewed two spur gears in 3 days, could my mesh be too tight?
Also, just after a few tips on what header and muffler i should use with the new .30 motor?

Other than that, i dont have any complaints, the guy next door has a revo 3.3 and he's not happy many battles down the street, altho his turns alot better than the raptor.

Thanks guys, look forward to some answers.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:34 PM
senator050

Gday Bro
Fit HPI flywheel and this will give you the correct clearence,As the Raptor Flywheel is 3mm wider,Dont no what you blokes are doing to be stripping gears internaly and spur.Iam still running original spur plus all original internals + .30,The only thing i did do was strip box down and phsyicaly recheck all screws and applied threadlock to all inside parts as second gear retaining plate screws have a habit of working loose,Have a look at my gallery to see what my Raptor looks like now.
Best thing i did was fit a set of Proline 40 series RoadRages removed front dogbone,And show the 1/10 scale boys how to drift nothing better than seeing a 6 kilogram truck smoking the rest