Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

This is how EVERY BASH session should end!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

This is how EVERY BASH session should end!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is how EVERY BASH session should end!

It was a perfect weekend; temps in the upper 60s. Beat the living snot out of my LST for 2 days in the afternoon at a construction site; cartwheels, 3-4 roll tumbles down steep hill faces, head on into rocks, hard landings. Tank after tank, temps stayed between 240-270 and it didn't die one time. During the whole time I did not break a single part- It should have, but not one part. You know what ended my weekend finally?

My XS3 Radio started beeping because my transmitter batteries were getting low, and at that time I was actually ready to go. That is how every bash session should end. THAT is a perfect basher weekend. Totally reaffirmed why I am in this hobby.

Here's to an awesome weekend and to the first truck that I bashed relentlessly without breaking.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Uglysteve

Default RE: This is how EVERY BASH session should end!

Nice way to end a session. Were you alone? Where do you ride? Mountains or construction sites?

Steven
Old 09-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Dale Gribble

I was alone at this one- well, my kids were with my yesterday. They friggen love it. It's like bringing my own fan club.

It is a construction site, home of a new Walmart Supercenter- what used to be acres and acres of farmland. It is some of the best bashing
stuff I have seen in years. Unfortunately, it will all be gone and replaced with brick and mortar soon... Thank god for fu$*(*ing Walmart, now
I won't have to drive 5 miles to get to the OTHER one. [:@][:'(]
Old 09-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Dale, my hat is off to you, going a whole weekend w/o a problem. That is a rare occasion, but i am happy when i drive a couple of runs w/o breaking anything too. It is worth it.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Dale Gribble

I have had plenty of those OTHER weekends. You know- where you are all excited about some good bashing, and the thing breaks the ONE part you don't have any spares for within the first 5 minutes?

Nitro RC is a hard hobby to learn with a steep learning curve up front; I remember trying to pullstart my XTM Xterminator for like 20 minutes straight with bloody knuckles, breaking pull starts, fantom air leaks from my old Maxx, breaking EVERY savage .21 stock dogbone- (each time I went out, I broke a new one until they were all HD), runaway Xterminator, it's too rich, it's too hot, it's too lean and much more. There were times I wanted to give it up because it wasn't bringing me much fun.

Here I am, 3 years later and I am glad I stuck it out. I don't think a lot of new hobbyists make it over that initial learning curve. I can build trucks that can idle through entire tanks, start within 2 pulls, tune perfectly, I can drive safer and smarter, and I have all of the essential safety gear on my rides. Some of my friends got such a bad taste in their mouths, they not only gave up temporarily, they are like scarred now and won't try it again even with me coaching them.

I still break stuff though. It's inevitable. Just not as much as I used to.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

WOW, dale, i feel/felt exactly like you did. I almost gave up on rc cars. Especially on my nitro. But i stuck it out and learned how to do it, and now i can drive it pretty well. There are still times that are rough when rc's are broken, but it is worth it. I am at the point were i am getting rid of most of the "bugs" in my cars. Just little things( but those things usually ruin a bashing session). It is nice to hear someone else feels the same way.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:00 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

My perfect bash session is I bash it as hard as possible, and in the end, if something hasn't broken, I do it until it breaks, and use that as an excuse to upgrade, or justify HAVING to go to the LHS!

I love working on the cars. I break them down, wash them, and then make sure everything is intact.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Dale Gribble

Here were some post bash pics-

Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Indecline099

nice lst
Old 09-19-2006, 12:52 PM
redfox03

nice truck. i love those perfect bash sessions when nothing breaks or flies off, and i can just head back to the house and put some after run oil in it and charge my batteries for the next day. sometimes i go out and intentionally try to break something, test the limits. but it's nothing really crazy like jumping houses/sheds or something. i think im going to try to jump the riding lawnmower in a few weeks, probably while it's moving.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Dale, did you know that you can run nearly a full tank after your TX beeps from low batteries (With no ill effects)? I have done it a few times, as the XS3 Likes to eat my 2500mah Energizers rather quickly (compared to my 4 other TX's).
Old 09-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

i have run multiple tanks like this, even though it is risky.
But thats how i live
Old 09-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Dale Gribble

You guys live on the wildside...

I would rather pack it in early then see my truck go towards the sunset out of control. The beeping made me nervous.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:06 PM
proudamerican

I've had one weekend like that in the nearly 2 years that I have been in this hobby. I would kill for another one of those weekends. Nice LST i was lookin into gettin one to sublement my savage. Is it worth the $600 for just bashing.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:35 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its the engine tuning part that gets me at times, I break my share of parts rather quick at times. The savage that i just finished breaking in, and was hillclimbing it without a body, the tune was great and it was ripping hard. Well i decide to come off this hill full throttle and hit this small jump, she cartwheels breaks the motor from the motor mount, puts a huge hole in the block crushes the exhaust breaks a few shocks. That was a 150.00 dollar repair, ebay saved me plenty though. Then tonight got ready to take out the sut storm, I hook up the battery pack to check its strength and it rips up the gears on the steering servo. Now she has a high torque servo with metal gears. I will say this though the storm is a tough truggy. many times I thought about quitting. I got in head over heels to the tune of over 20 nitro vehicles, 7 are monster trucks, 3 truggies, a couple buggies, sedans, stadiums, trucks I have never ran. Try reselling this stuff people will give you nothing for a new buggy that retailed for over 450.00 2 years ago that your selling new today for 300.00 ofna 9.5 mbx pbs.

I'll let it rot before I give it away, and you know funny thing is I came so close to buying a Jamin crt truggy 2 nights ago, for 514.00. did not do it though, but still tempted!!