Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Helping a friend.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helping a friend.

Ok Im trying to figure out why my friends Warhead engine is overheating? I know all about how to richen it out and we did that to the max! It had no affect on the engine and the engine still clocked in a an outragous Heat point! It got up to 320 degrees when we were runnign it in the street at its richest and at idle It got up to 180 degrees. Weve tryed everything and heard that the carbs on the Warhead GX-27 engine is crap. Could the carb be shot or is there something else wrong?[]
Old 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM
duckedup

Default RE: Helping a friend.

180? ...180 is not hot at all, that's way too rich.. I know certain engines run hotter/cooler than others but that's really low for just about any. I run my .28 at about 250, which is not over heating, my previous motor was about the same, I don't think your/his .27 will be too much different..

edit... I just re-read your post, I thought you said it got up to 220, not 320.. ya, that's hot lol.. Did he ever seal the engine? maybe there's an air leak? I think I've read somewhere that those motors are prone to leaks, could be wrong though..
Old 10-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Ya I think there is to I'd stick a completely new differnet engine in there like an axial .32 or somthing like that.[X(]
Old 10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
89ram

seal your motor if you have'nt. if you decide to change motors, i second the axial .32.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:25 PM
buffmeadows

IMO the warhead would have gotten an entirely different rap had they used almost ANY other engine.

That engine has power but it leaks, runs hot and is generally a piece of crap. As a result, I started looking for more excuses to hate the whole truck.

Duratrax should sue Supertigre for sticking them with that junk.

If your buddy can afford it, he should get a new motor before that thing ruins his enjoyment of the sport.

Potentially he could send the engine in alone to hobby services and then if they replace it, he can try to sell the one they send.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
McFly505

Duratrax is a division of Hobbico.

Super Tigre is a division of Hobbico.

Kind of hard to sue yourself.

The stock Warhead engine isn't a monster powerhouse by any means, but it works.

I'd look into a LRP Z28 spec 3, myself.

Scott
Old 10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
PedeBeater

hey, i'm the friend, of takedown. it turns out that after we worked with it we got it to a point where it was about normal. but then something went wrong and it took of at full speed hit to curbs, and a house lol. the servo saver and the front axle pin broke, and the air filter popped off. i put up with this for about a month and a half i am now getting rid of the truck as soon as possable.[&o][&o][&o]