Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dont run your MT so close to small dogs and children

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dont run your MT so close to small dogs and children

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 01:33 AM
LandShark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont run your MT so close to small dogs and children

today, my friend ran my savage and hit a dog which is much

smaller than the truck. the dog was fine, just couldnt stand

with all 4 of his leg.

the dog was standing against the wooden wall. the truck

just hit right on one of his legs. we heard "wao ou ou ...".

after we apologized to the owner, we left.

the truck wasnot accelerating. if it was, the dog wouldnt

a dead dog. maybe my friend will be in court, and i will

have to stand next to him.

KEEP AWAY FROM SMALL DOGS AND CHILDREN , YOU DONT

KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GONNA LOSE CONTROL.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:40 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Being excited about enjoying our "toys" makes it hard to sometimes use good judgment. Finding a safe and non-populated area should be high on our list of areas to run our RC cars / trucks. Easy enough to say....but sometimes harder to do.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope the dog is OK and you don't have charges against you.

Good Luck!
Old 01-19-2003, 01:48 AM
LandShark

the dog was really fine. no broken bones, that is why the owner let

us leave without writing down our id number.

there are really really enough place for us to play. people

play football right there sometime.

but we just didnt why my friend ran the truck to those two

people playing base ball.

maybe he didnt figure out the direction when the truck was

running forward to him
Old 01-19-2003, 04:32 PM
SmokyTyrz

Default Safety first!

I know what you mean! I don't even drive my truck in my neighborhood anymore just because of all the kids that swarm around me, begging to drive the truck. I don't want them to get hurt. And I don't want to be bugged while I'm driving.

I thought I would feel better about running at a local track (Indy RC in Garland, TX) but I was wrong. People are always standing all over the track. People stand ON the track to run their cars!! I couldn't believe it! People run out onto the track to flip their cars, and no one stops...no one even slows down! This is 100% opposite my experience at other tracks. Other tracks I've been to require you to slow down or stop if someone enters the track, or if a car wrecks. I wish they would follow this at Indy R/C...my truck wouldn't be broken right now!!

I probably won't be going back to Indy RC for some time because of their lack of adherence and attention to safety requirements.

Yes people please...safety first! I used to drive electric buggies and I was mildly concerned about hurting someone. With this nitro Savage I worry a lot more about it now. Be safe!
Old 01-19-2003, 05:18 PM
LandShark

12 pound savage with a high speed, it is eough to kill a dog, or

break a child's leg.

i even slow down when some children chase my savage, i dont

want them fall down and cut their teeth
Old 01-19-2003, 05:25 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Landshark said it best..
Momentum= speed*mass

So a savage going 35 Mph is equivalent to a basketball hitting you going 300Mph!!
OUCH!
(Corny.. but its scientifically correct )
-ram
Old 01-19-2003, 05:28 PM
LandShark

the energy is greater than a bullet
Old 01-19-2003, 09:21 PM
Bluehydro8

One should always beware of any children that might attempt to drive your truck. I was hit by my truck because my little cousine decided to take over my truck and hit me. I had to get stitches.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:17 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

I feel bad for the dog! lol
Old 01-19-2003, 11:00 PM
ugot2luvit

I live in the country out here in BFE nebraska so it's pretty nice to have a lot of room to run these trucks. I work in town and all of us guys run them in the street and sidewalks after work. I did have a car come around the corner one time and I didn't see it and ran into it. Thank god when it hit it spun out away from the car instead of the other way. or the car would have completely destroyed my truck. The lady just looked at me and drove away!
For you guys that live in town and don't have a place to really run your trucks . Check with your camber of commerce and see if you could get the city to build a track for you with your help and ideas.
If there is enough interest from the public it is possible for this to happen!
Old 01-20-2003, 04:16 AM
rcfireman
My Feedback: (1)

Unfortunately in today's economic environment having the city build an RC track is NOT an option. For People that live in the city, go to a BMX track (when no one is riding) or a construction site. Both make great place to drive your MT.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:38 AM
Alteramod

I only have one thing about other people that i would let drive my buggy. Have you ever handled anything that went more than 20mph? Oh you have huh, What was it called?(if they dont answer withing 5 secs or look like there lieing then its no) Also, if its any of the kids across the road from me, then its Hell no go F*** yourself you little *******s. I hate them kids so much i might think about running then over lol
Old 01-20-2003, 05:51 AM
SmokyTyrz

The kids in my neighborhood came to my house one day! lmao..my wife thought this was hilarious. We just moved in, and I was out of town. The kids come by and knock when my wife gets the door, "Is the guy with the truck going to be playing with it today?". lol I had one kid come up to me and ask point-blank, "Do you ever let anyone else drive it?". "ummm...no..it's too dangerous." And that was it, he said "Ok" and rode off. Lol. Didn't even try to kiss-ass first. Kids are getting greedy these days!

Ah well, back to staring at the mail box for my fuel cell.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:19 PM
yunt2chat

I was driving my T-MAX in a ball field and I can tell you that the chainlink fence has an affect on it also. I got close to the fence several times and it went out of control and one time it litterally climbed the fence about 3 feet high. I thought it was going to cross it and just to make sure i wasn't seeing things i asked my buddy if he saw it and he said it almost crossed it to. I would have thought it would have just fell back but it looked like a dog climbing a fence. Something about chainlink fence and the fraquency.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:39 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

I do not run my nitro trucks in my neighborhood for the reasons cited here. I enjoy kids....I helped raise 4 of my own....but I also know that....as kids go....they become very excited (don't we all) when they see RC cars/trucks and it's like a magnet drawing them to the "FUN" aspect of the rigs in action.

I can remember when I was a kid.....how I use to day dream about cars.....airplanes......dragsters......and when my brother and I would get a new plastic kit to glue together....you wouldn't' see us for hours as we were happy to be putting them together....nothing else mattered at the time. Now....here we have these awesome....powerful rigs that are so real and life like.....it's not hard to imagine why kids get so excited when they see someone driving theirs around the neighborhood.....hearing the sounds of the exhaust....the awesome paint jobs.....the ruff and ready look that they have.....and many more thoughts that go through their minds. Man....are we lucky or what?
Old 01-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Unstable

I dont hesitate to yell at kids chasing or messing with one of my RC "toys". the neighbors kids learned real quick that I wouldnt tolerate them even in the same yard as me when I was flying my helicopter, at the flying field I will let kids look at my planes but when its time to fire up the engines they are told go back to the "spectator area" even the truck, if im running it I dont run near kids and NOBODY but me runs my truck, I dont care if (as one child told me) "Oh I have one just like that and know all about them"

I may take risks with running the truck close to my feet and such but its my feet and my problem if I hurt myself, I dont want to be resposible for anyone elses injuries.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Bluehydro8

Not to be mean or anything, I cant tolerate little kids constantly asking to play with my truck. It's not really that I don't like kids; it's just that I don't like having them around when I driving. You see, to me when I am driving my tuck I like to be completely alone or with someone who is driving one too and has no interest in mine. I think there is something about a man and his rig that just puts us all in a higher state of ecstasy, calms us down if you will. This is called fun, something we need to get acquainted with more often. That is what having an RC Monster Truck is all about. I mean no disrespect to the ladies who are also into MT's.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:34 PM
LandShark

no disrespect to the ladies, but most of them are not good at controling RCs.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:18 AM
rcfireman
My Feedback: (1)

You guys have pretty much nailed this issue on the head. When I go to the airfield to fly I take my Doberman Pinscher and me, NO KIDS (yes I have two kids 9 & 10). When I go to the Flying field it is a place for me to relax and enjoy myself. I can get away from all the stress of life.

I have been running my MT here recently and that is a little different. I have fixed up my old Losi XXT so that the girls can drive that while dad is playing with his MT. That works out pretty well.

I have had to tell the kids in the hood that "sorry, but this is my toy and I don't let anyone drive it!" they watch and soon get bored and then go on the marry way. Be safe out there and have fun.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:37 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Yes, I see all of your points. I do enjoy all of the attention that I get with my cars, but some of these little kids do get bothersome. They always want to drive it. They are too young to understand the dangers and costs of machines like these.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:36 AM
SuperMaxxMan

yea......i never really hit a dog or child but i did hit my self with a tmaxx 2.5 with ALM bumpers at about 35mph and it made me fall (210 pnd kid).....I was a good driver but the brakes didnt work becuz the pads were bent....i still have a slight scar from it...well ouch!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:47 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Its not a car- but i have a plane that cuises at 130MPH--when other members ask to fly it I say no offense but no. I even shake every flight. and no one even flies with me--thank god. I have never hit a car, person, but another plane, and tore thiers up, but mine was in perfect contition cept a small dent.