RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t-maxx 2.5 servo help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 05:45 AM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx 2.5 servo help

My servos are not responding right. I changed the batteries and fixed a wire that was smashed. But it didn't work. They move by themselves and after messing with them for a while I got two working right but when I try to move the steering servo the other two move instead. What is wrong? Please help. thanks
Old 01-20-2003, 04:53 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Re: t-maxx 2.5 servo help

Originally posted by Joe78586
My servos are not responding right. I changed the batteries and fixed a wire that was smashed. But it didn't work. They move by themselves and after messing with them for a while I got two working right but when I try to move the steering servo the other two move instead. What is wrong? Please help. thanks

First things first. You mentioned that you have a smashed wire? Which wire? If it's the antenna wire.....how did you fix it? If you cut it off....making it shorter will cause the type of reaction your having now. If that is not it.....then other possibilities exist.

Have you had any severe crashes lately? Any other damages to your rig that you noticed after the crash.....like to the receiver or servos?

Have you checked the crystal in the receiver and radio? Make sure they are seated all he way in.

Have you run your rig through water or gotten it wet by some means? Getting radio gear wet is a sure way of causing damage to the electronics of your rig.

Is your antenna screwed all the way into the base of the radio? Don't laugh....another guy's kid unscrewed his antenna when he wasn't looking and he lost control of his rig.

Do you have other radio gear that you can try to install in place of the one in question?

These are some things you can look for. It may not be any one of these but it gives you somewhere to start....and hopefully you'll find the problem in the meantime.

Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2003, 01:31 AM
joe78586

Today after school I played with it and it worked fine exept that when I turn the other servos still move just a little.
The wire that was smashed was the trotle servo. I cut it and welded it.
On friday I did have an accident and broke the front lower arm. I did check the crystals and they are well fit.
I also got it wet like 2 weeks ago. But worked fine after that.

I think their is a problem with the steering servo becuase it has a hard time turning even with me holding the truck so the tires won't touch the ground.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Pack of Q Tips

yea my steering servo is junk im looking for a better high torque one now
Old 01-22-2003, 12:03 AM
joe78586

What servo is good for the steering.
Guess I'll have to replce it.

Do glow go bad if the engines overheat. How long should they last.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:49 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

hitec 645 servo ($40.00 130 oz torque) and kimbrough gas servo saver.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Bandwidth

my steering servo went this weekend.

Took it appart and found that one of the little gears came out of place (moved above the other gear). We took the gears off the pin and re-seat them and all is good.

Ofcoarse, I am looking into a heavy duty servo too. I read somewhere that TowerHobbies has a TS-70MG that is suppose to be pretty good?
Old 01-28-2003, 03:47 AM
Bandwidth

Had the TMAXX running for a few minutes today after work and found that my Steering Servo is not 100% like I previously thought. Guess I might be looking into one of those heavy duty high torque servos myself.... sooner than I though.....
Old 01-28-2003, 03:58 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

you may have striped the gear next to the motor gear. a new set of servo gears is all you may need. If you do get a new servo try the hitec 645. the tower servos are made by hobbico . You don'nt need digital servos or to spend a $75-100 for a new one.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:53 AM
Savage Nation

Originally posted by mbbaj2001
hitec 645 servo ($40.00 130 oz torque) and kimbrough gas servo saver.
If budget is not a concern, look into the Airtronics 94358, (or for $20.00 more the 94359 with thye built in heat sink)and the Pro-line Steering kit with the Servo Saver built in. I have this combo on my SuperMaxx, and frankly, it is incredible. No lag time, incredible response. Watch your battery life with this servo.....200oz at 6v ! I went to a 2700 MA NiMh hump that mounts on the shock tower.....HOURS of run time.....