Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MRC THUNDER KING picture/info gallery

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MRC THUNDER KING picture/info gallery

Old 10-22-2015, 07:40 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if I don't sell, i won't be selling those gears...im thinking of keeping the gears and putting it in the roller that i have which is practically new
Old 10-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Mcleveland1969

I hear ya. I don't plan on overpowering them! At least 2 of them will have can motors. I'm going to set one up with cheapo Chinese twin 380 brushless combo. If that works well I'll do a second that way. The 5th TK will keep the hobbyking esc. If I fried the motor I'll replace it with a 1/8 motor and go from there.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:52 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

i won't go crazy but I do want a decent power ratio, thinking of getting a 540 sized 4 pole sensorless setup...like the viper rc(if still made) it's like like 150 and should have more than enough power
Old 01-09-2017, 05:48 AM
artechroach

Hey All, Anyone have a lead on parts from other vehicles that fit? Even with some mod? Just came into possession of one to restore to running condition. Primarily I need dog bones. Going to run two traxxas 12t 550s. Let me know! Thanks!
Old 11-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Tamiyaguy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy MRC Thunder King Transmission! HELP!

Guys need your help. Working on an ETK and I am trying to get the roll pin out of the drive shaft (so I can replace the bearing). So far, I have the roll pin "flush" with the axle, however, I can't seem to pull it out with pliers and hammering on it with a small allen key, screwdriver, etc. does nothing. Its that tight. Any ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4873.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	2245383Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4872.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2245384
Old 11-18-2017, 01:43 AM
Mcleveland1969

They usual come right out! Maybe the pin has a burr on it! Try removing it from the other direction.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Tamiyaguy
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for your help! I actually tapped on it with my hex driver and a small hammer. Back and forth made it come out. Installed all new Boca bearings, cleaned the gears and this is one of the smoothest transmissions I've ever owned.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:51 PM
F.iM.S presents...

Default Anyone got one of these still?

I need an alu gearset and a body!!
Old 04-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Mcleveland1969

Good luck with that!
Old 11-07-2020, 05:38 AM
rcdude99
My Feedback: (36)

Default Any MRC Thunder King parts?

Originally Posted by The Boss
If I am thinking right the ntk spur is standard 1/8scale 24 pitch/metric, same as the ofna. My guess would be other spurs could even work from the XTM kits and others too. I made bearing spacers for the torson race diff to fit in the ntk case but if I remember right, boca had the right size bearings when I checked. It's not a hard mod to me but it does need a few mods obously since it's for a Kyosho. If I ever get back in the mood I will take the torson back out of the truck and take more pics. I think just about any reg diff might work as long as the housing case is 24mm? or smaller. I put some info in the posts so hopefully that will help with your questions. I think I got a few more things saved somewere that I will post later.

To me one of the most important mods is/was when I started to setup a front brake system, having front brakes would be a super big deal when going up against the better1/8scale buggys on the track, I could run on par on the straights with them if not overtake them, the problem I was having is they could overtake me in the corners because I had to slow down more before hand because most times I was carrying more top end speed than most 8scale bugs. So anyway this is the mod that most interests me if I start messing around with this stuff again.

With the exception of a few odd parts, the guys here have not really tryed or had the need to change out a whole lot of the stock components on these kits because we don't really have any real big failers of the stock parts/components, more of a bigger issue is better setup then the way they came out of the box. I have always just ordered the factory stuff direct from mrc in the past in bulk (because I am/was a dealer for MRC) for me and the local guys here so most of us got lots of parts, but it is very neat to see guys trying diffrent things on there kits like diffrent suspensions. In the past me an an X POS pretend friend were trying to buy out the tooling/rights and all parts for this kit and we were trying to make a deal with MRC but I kind of droped out of it all and got busy with a divorce lol which I am finaly finishing up so I am not much into or around the r/c stuff much anymore and was not much into using fricken computers at all lol. I have to be honest and say this was a nice change for me to come back and post some stuff again. I took in the factory world super8scale promo vid to get it put on cd rom so I hope I can post the orignal promo sometime next week.
I know this thread is really old but I'm curious if you have any T-King parts..

Old 12-01-2020, 11:01 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hi guys, sorry, had problems logging on in past, i have been busy with other things and not been on here for a while, for those of you that messaged me about parts in past, i will have to dig out my stuff to see what i still got. I am wanting to get back into hobby for next summer after being out of all of it for over a decade now... WOW! things/off road stuff has changed alot!

also those that also emailed me sorry, i did not get anything, i think they must of went to my junk folder, i have not had much time to check my emails the last while as i been too busy with renoing my properties.

Last edited by The Boss; 12-01-2020 at 12:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rc_Boat_Obsessions (01-27-2021)
Old 05-28-2023, 07:08 PM
WOH

I remember all those so well. I'd take any of those!!!