Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OS Engine Upgrade.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Scifi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Engine Upgrade.....

New member plz excuse my newbie ???s. Also, I know my MT is unfavorable to most members but this is all I have for now. Hopefully I can get some insight from the knowledgable members in this site. Great forum BTW very informative.

Anyway, I have a Terra Crusher which i am trying to revive again its been 3yrs since I last messed with it. I decided to upgrade the engine. Purchased an OS engine .18TZ-TX, it drops in fine except I cant seem to find the appropriate header for it. I hope somebody has gone through the same setup or close to what im doing. Which header do you guys recommend that will fit directly? I tried to get some info as to what header this uses directly from the OS website but they dont have anything indicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Bria1

Default RE: OS Engine Upgrade.....

I haven't done it, but I hear this [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFAZ9&P=M]HPI header [/link] works well on the TNX with that engine, so it should be fine on a Terra Crusher.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:31 AM
chris960

I just put a tz-tx in my tnx i used the above header it works but you will have to grind a little off the flange it rubs on the pull start no biggie.The tz-tx engine is awesome i now have wheelie's on demand! it usually starts on the first or second pull. The top end speed is about the same but you get there in half the time.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Scifi

Good to hear the TZ performs as expected

Cant wait to get mine going.... I purchased a tmaxx header http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/147152.asp surprisingly it fits just right, I just need to dremel the back of it a little bit so it will clear the shocks.(BTW i also had to install the associated shocks bcuz the stock was just too thick).

Chris, did you retain the stock flywheel and clutch assembly? I have an issue with the flywheel. I can either dremel the fins on the stock flywheel because it is hitting the carb body. Or i can purchase a different flywheel and the tmaxx flywheel is all i can think of maybe i can even use the TNX flywheel since you didnt seem to encounter any issues, did you?