Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What should i do with 250-300 bucks??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What should i do with 250-300 bucks??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 02:15 AM
Alteramod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do with 250-300 bucks??

Ok, I will be able to come up with $250-$350 in a few months from now. What should i get with it, I'm kinda leaning to a MT of some kind or a Stadium truck. One other thing, i have a buggy. Should i just buy alu. parts for it or just get another car.

It dont matter to me im just wandering what you guys would get?
Old 01-23-2003, 03:09 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

It depends on what you intend to do with it....and what kind of driving you enjoy. If your looking for a rig that can handle just about any terrain....then I would vote on an MT. If you want similar performance but out of an off road rig.....two wheel drive....then I would vote on a Stadium truck.

Just be sure to have fun!

Good Luck!
Old 01-23-2003, 03:15 AM
LandShark

350 cant get a t-maxx, neither a savage.

if i was you, i would sell the buggy, then combine all the money

for a good MT with upgrades.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:25 AM
Alteramod

Well, you see, I love that damn buggy. Lol im just waitting for a new pull cord assembaly then im ganna wait till its at least in the high 30's here to start it back up and try to adjust it.

If i have to i can wait another 2 or 3 months for a good MT.
I kind of just want the mt instead of a stadium truck now that i think about it. I was even thinking about a plane, but hey my dad has a old trainer plane that i could probly have. After all he now has a new astro hog plane or something like that.

So, I was thinking about the T-Maxx cause my friend has a savage and i dont like getting the same thing as him cause we always do that. I was also thinking of the Terra Crusher or the new CEN MT 2 fun factor but i dont think i would get that not to many people know about it, but hey its an idea.

I just wondering what truck you think I should get. Thanks for your time
Old 01-23-2003, 03:35 AM
LandShark

if you really like the buggy, not going to sell it. then wait.

just wait for the BFT's release, and see what it can do.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:43 AM
delcampo

Sound like you really have fun with the buggy. So I would keep if I was you. Remember it's all about having fun, so if you have fun with the buggy keep it. Just wait a few more month and get a MT. Remember as long as you have fun that is all that counts.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:17 AM
Dlock

Here is my suggestion, and we all know it's not that good sometimes I would say, keep the buggy and wait till a Sportmaxx comes out. It will be about $100 cheaper than a 2.5 T maxx. The only differences are 1. It's Cheaper 2. It does not have reverse 3. It only has a one speed transmission 4. It is 2 wheel drive.

All the rest of the parts are exactly the same as the 4WD T Maxx 2.5. The Gearbox on the Sportmaxx is the same as the T Maxx, just has different gears on the inside. If I remember correctly I will be coming out sometime in March. I know Tower Hobbies says Late March. I was considering doing this, but just got to anxious and wanted a MT. Now all I have to do is wait for it to be delivered.

There will be aftermarket add ons so later down the road you can add Reverse, 4WD, and the 2 speed transmission. Once you do that it will be exactly the same as if you bought a T Maxx. The sportmaxx also has the famed TRX 2.5 engine, so you won't have to worry about an upgrade there.

I hope this helps and let us know what you decide ......
Old 01-23-2003, 04:33 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy a used maxx 2.5, there getting to be some out there, and if you wait long enough they will get cheaper and youll have more money
Old 01-23-2003, 04:57 AM
Bluehydro8

I know I an going against all that I know But Who says it has to be a nitro vehicle. Why not buy a e-maxx or another electric truck like the TXT-1 by tamiya. I have one of those and they can keep up with some of the best nitro truck. What am I saying......Go with new or used savage. Who cares if you have the same truck. it just proves that you have really good tastes. I mean no disrispect to the t-maxxes out there.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:29 PM
yunt2chat

OK here it is, I can solve your problem. No need to get a headache worrying about what you should buy. Are you ready for good medicine. You can just send me the money and I will purchase a good one for you. hahahah.

P.S Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Alteramod

Ok, hey the money is on its way to your house.
Your address is this right?
HAHA your funny
F.U. Box 69
nowhere land, 69691
just messing around.

Im open to anything cause i want to get a wide range of experience with r/c cars and trucks.

I thought of the E-maxx but i kind of want something that has a engine not a motor.

Im thinking of getting the TC or T-maxx if i can aford it, pref... a TC

thanks for the replys, but I wont have the money till about june so....... Ill just tell ya then. Untill then just tell me what you think i should do.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:50 AM
rcfireman
My Feedback: (1)

Go out and buy a case of beer and some cheap women and EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR sorry about that, wrong forum!!!!!!

No, really I would just wait and get the Savage or T-Maxx. Between now and June you should be able to save a $100 and then you can get which one you want. You will not regret it.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:12 AM
Alteramod

Yup, thats what i was planing on doing.
I have about 3 bucks right now, and between now and the end of june I should be able to make 25-400. If i dont have enough then I can go get some mowing jobs to make small money that would add up fast
Old 01-24-2003, 05:38 AM
SINNER

If you have my luck you'll have just enough to keep your buggy running.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:08 PM
yunt2chat

OK, I have a T-MAXX and I really enjoy it. It is a 1/10 scale and the savage is a 1/8 scale so the savage is larger. The T-MAXX is fast and very durable ( I have rollled mine dozens of times on dirt and asphalt andf have not broke anything yet) If you are planning on racing on a road course you will never use all its speed. From what I have seen the1/8 scale trucks don't roll as easy and perform better on turns for that reason. Either way I was checking them out before I purchased mine. The reason I chose the maxx was it was in stock. I was also looking at the new ofna titan but could not get any reviews on it as for its new. The only one I was told stay away from was the Kyosho. Also the t maxx has lots of hoppups and parts are easy to get. Hope this helps. Tony
Old 01-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Knoxville
My Feedback: (1)

Default MT

Dude get a good mt so we can go bashing???
Old 01-25-2003, 01:45 AM
Alteramod

I will i will my friendly neighbor, all it time though.

I know what im going to do now, Im going to get a starter box for my buggy about $50 for that. After getting the starter box i will have about 250-300. I will definetly have an mt by x-mas