Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

wanted:help from mt veterans

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 AM
robertnitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted:help from mt veterans

hi im lookin to buy a monster truck.ive been running various on rd cars and off rd 1/8 buggies 4sum time.im looking to go into sumthing even more off rd more hardcore.my start point is my budget no more than £400 gbp.i want sumthing that will go over huge kerbs,thru the rough up the steep and wont get stuck and wind up to @least 35mph quickly with the odd wheelie.like sound of cen genesis 7.7or ttr ek4 s2 but evry where thats sells trucks says 'this is the ultimate monster' for each mt they sell.cud i get sum expert unbiased advive from u mt guys out there? what to go for the pros cons etc.got £400 waitin2b spent.cheers

Old 12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
mordraid

Default RE: wanted:help from mt veterans

Hi there, seems like you want a monster truck to bash it not to race it. With that in mind here are the trucks that may stand out from the others.

HPI savage X : toughness, toughness, parts everywhere.Associated MGT: Toughness, all around skills, good price.
Losi Aftershock : Good all around truck, some of the best electronics in a rtr, well priced.
Losi LST2 : Great all around truck to bash and race, a little more pricey but worth it.
Tamiya tnx 5.2R : new truck, not alot of reviews, the older tnx 3.0 was very fast, tough and low price.

All those trucks are around 400-500$us. I don't know if the prices are higher in UK but it gives you an idea.

Al trucks listed above are RTR. The LST2 is probably the most expensive of the bunch but is probably the one you'll have the less money to put on it.

Your best bet is probably the losi aftershock or the associated MGT. I would get the one that your local hobby shop carries.

I didn't listed any traxxas trucks as i don't like them so much. But for bashing a revo is more of a racer and the t-maxx is outdated by many trucks listed above.

Good luck in your purchase
Old 12-06-2006, 08:26 AM
gkcontra

I have a GST 7.7 and am loving it. I have had a bunch of different vehicles and this one is one of the toughest I have had. You talked about getting stuck etc, the nice thing about the GST is the reverse, get stuck on a pipe or branch?, just reverse and gun it and you're off. A few times while running it last weekend I managed to take it off jumps completely wrong and kept thinking to myself, "uh oh, that one is going to break something..." only to be surprised and not break anything! For the weight, I was surprised how well the truck moved, and even better how quickly you could stop it, the brakes are great.

I do not nor have I ever had an ek-4, but have seen them run. They have incredible torque and power, but it is basically a truggy that they thew a monster, over-torqued engine into to deal with the gearing change of sticking MT tires on a buggy. That's not to say the truck isn't impressive. To me it lacks ground clearance, and has the typical buggy flat chassis.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

MGT,SAVAGE,REVO OR LST2 my recommendation.