Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Where can I get this for my t maxx?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Where can I get this for my t maxx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 11:49 PM
daaaaaan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get this for my t maxx?

Alright, it seems that the new 2.5 with the EZ start system wasn't designed in the best possible way. And each time you take the glow plug out it is a pain in the ass, to get back on, and once you do it still doesn't seem it is on there that well...

But below I found a pic on Ebay of a guy who has a "heavy" duty one...I have been searching around the net, but havn't come up with anything yet. If you know where I can get one pleae tell me~
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	50234_24186.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	30922  
Old 01-26-2003, 01:30 AM
SINNER

I THINK THAT WAS ADAPTED FROM SOMETHING LIKE ONE OF THESE

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBC26&P=7

This one looks good,heavy gauge wire!!!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 05:02 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

daaaaaan....I have removed the blue wire that goes to the glow plug and now use a glow igniter on the glow plug on the TMaxx. Since the wire seemed to be a weak link...I just removed it.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:33 AM
rcfireman
My Feedback: (1)

That is a Sullivan glow igniter used for airplanes. Just ask your LHS for a Sullivan remote glow igniter and you are set.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:30 PM
yunt2chat

do you leave it on all the time. my stock one just quit working yesterday and i used my friends igniter and that sucks.
Old 01-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Bandwidth

I bought one from a LHS last night.... the guy told me that it replaces the BLUE wire. He "SAID" that the traxxas glow plugs were running hot (#3231 I think). Told me that they are recommending the OS#8 Plugs and this red wire would fit it.

I haven't put it on yet but I think it stays on all the time and if you want to heat it, you have to press down on it which makes the connection and then heats the plug?

Keep in mind, this is just the way it seems to work. I will probably put mine on today. I paid $10 for mine and I thought that was a little HIGH ???

Good Luck
(I agree, even though there is not much too it... I don't care to use the Glow Plug Ignitors.... but if thats what it takes to start my truck, guess what I'm using