Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ordered my Warhead Evo

Old 12-10-2006, 08:46 PM
jimbo_98
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my Warhead Evo

Hey whats going on guys I just ordered my bnib Warhead Evo I will tell you when I get it and post up a video can't wait.

Talk to you guys later
Old 12-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Mekong

Default RE: Ordered my Warhead Evo

Why did you get a warhead, they SUCK, in my eperiance with mine you need to get a new engine, the stock is a POS, mine been sitting on the shelf waiting for $ for a real engine. IMO I would send it back and get any thing else! savage/mgt/revo/tmaxx/lst.....
Old 12-12-2006, 09:09 AM
89ram

harsh, but true.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:24 AM
mordraid

Of what i heard, the warhead is like the lada of monster trucks. Even owners can't praise the truck, wich is pretty rare.

I would defenitly return the truck and get anything else. Even the tower terror is better
Old 12-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Flyer2k5

Wow!! opinions are worthless when it comes to the RC community!!!!!!!!!! Is it really your opinion when someone tells you or you heard about something? How can you form an opinion from hearsay? WOW!!!

Jimbo
I just got the new EVO Also!!! I am a newbie and I was only having problems with break in of the engine, but its my fault not the engine. So far I love this truck. I'll hopefully get it right today!!!!!!!! From my Experience Duratrax customer service is A+++++++ they answered all my question about the engine break.

The truck is very fast, the roll bar and side cages looks great they make it actually look like a Monster truck without the body.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:34 PM
jaywax

I have a WH Evo and I love it. I race mine at our local track and it does well. The engine works flawless with proper tuning. My engine has never flamed out and has a lot of power. It will idle at a smooth pace as long as gas is in the tank. Do not get into "WHO HAS THE BEST TRUCK". Buy what you can afford and have fun. I have pics of my truck as well as our track on my profile. My local track is huge and the WH does well.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Flyer2k5

OK
I am on my 4th tank of the break in and the temp is great it just got around 203 degree.

JIMBO
Do not touch the factory settings on the high speed needle it is already 4 1/2 turns out and please dont touch the low speed needle PERIOD.......And make sure your Throttle trim is turned down before the first start up mine was set all the way to high.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: jaywax

I have a WH Evo and I love it. I race mine at our local track and it does well. The engine works flawless with proper tuning. My engine has never flamed out and has a lot of power. It will idle at a smooth pace as long as gas is in the tank. Do not get into "WHO HAS THE BEST TRUCK". Buy what you can afford and have fun. I have pics of my truck as well as our track on my profile. My local track is huge and the WH does well.

The race director here at T4BB is going to start racing a EVO. If you are racing at NCRC on Saturday I will check out yours.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Flyer2k5

How many tanks will these batteries(energizers) in the reciever last. At the end of that run the tx could not controll the truck. Now it will control it for a minute then it wont. Is this the Batteries? THANKS
Old 12-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Rice_slayer

Im an original Warhead owner and its amazing, running all the upgrades from the evo on it with alloy bellcranks. I ove it, great basher and all around a fun truck .
Old 12-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Indecline099

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

The race director here at T4BB is going to start racing a EVO. If you are racing at NCRC on Saturday I will check out yours.
wow are you serious.....
Old 12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Oh I'm not getting one, I'm 2DMaxLST!!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:05 PM
jaywax

I doubt if I am going to race this weekend at the T.O.R.C race. I raced in the four hour enduro last week and it was exhausting. We placed third. The wife is making me do some Christmas shopping this weekend. I will definetly come by the track to watch for at least an hour. I only live five minutes from the track. I'm sure it will be a big turn out from S.A. You guys usually show up in great numbers to support big races. Here is a pick from last weeks 4 hour enduro. These are the 1st,2nd, and 3rd place teams. I am the one who looks like he is going hunting. It was cold as hell.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87579.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	576136  
Old 12-12-2006, 09:52 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Good work on the enduro race!!! You are very lucky to live near NCRC, I think it is the best track I have ever been too!!! The announcing is the best I have ever heard and the track always rocks.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok what one are you because i see two ppl in camo
Old 12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
scottywilkes

the one in the heavy forrest camo gear im pretty sure. U used to own a nitro evader didnt you?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Indecline099

oh ya i know you aren't getting one, im just really surpirsed that hes choosing to get one after how much of a disaster the first version was
Old 12-13-2006, 12:21 AM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Indecline099

oh ya i know you aren't getting one, im just really surpirsed that hes choosing to get one after how much of a disaster the first version was
It's called capitalism..........customers must see one on the track to ensure sales..........
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 AM
paechy

how fast does the warhead evo go
Old 12-13-2006, 01:31 PM
jaywax

Realistically, stock Warhead will go about 35mph. That is enough speed if you are racing. You are never going to have the time or length of track to get it to that speed during a race. There are trucks that go faster, but you must remember that the faster you go, the harder you will hit something.

ORIGINAL: paechy

how fast does the warhead evo go
Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
jaywax

Yea, I used to own a Evader. I parted it out and sold it on ebay. I miss it a lot. That OS.18CV-R with the BX gearing made it a speed demon. I caught the 1/8 scale buggy bug. After driving one of those vehicles, you are instantly hooked. I am hoping that DTX will come out with a new Evader II. Hopefully, they will install better radio, servos, and engine. This is just a dream of mine, but if they do, I will be the first to order one.

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

the one in the heavy forrest camo gear im pretty sure. U used to own a nitro evader didnt you?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:38 PM
ThermalRD

Post some pics of your warhead when you get it Jimbo. And your thoughts. And to you guys still racing on that awesome track in DECEMBER, i hate you all. LOL
Old 12-13-2006, 07:37 PM
jimbo_98

ya I wnated to try this truck out i will just be using it for the fun of it like not umping huge jumps and stuff just flying through the grass dirt and gravel i will be sure to get pics up as soon as I recieve tis beast and give my word on it
Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 PM
bbmods

ORIGINAL: jimbo_98

ya I wnated to try this truck out i will just be using it for the fun of it like not umping huge jumps and stuff just flying through the grass dirt and gravel i will be sure to get pics up as soon as I recieve tis beast and give my word on it

hey there jimbo_98 would you like to race your warhead with us this next year.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 PM
bbmods

Here are my two warheads. I have a show truck(all alum) and one that is for racing only(under 9lbs). i know all the tricks to make the truck unstop able.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93275.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	576740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96422.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	576741  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.