Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

TMaxx & OFNA Pirate Wheels/Tires

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TMaxx & OFNA Pirate Wheels/Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 06:40 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMaxx & OFNA Pirate Wheels/Tires

Since we were enjoying a somewhat beautiful day here in Eastern Washington and "Spring like temperatures"....around 50 degrees "IN JANUARY"....I thought I would take my TMaxx out and see how it would drive with the new OFNA Pirate wheel's/tires that I just put on it.

Here's what I noticed:

Since the TMaxx is very quick with the new 2.5 engine and just screams....with it's stock wheels/tires....I figured that these over sized wheels/tires would probably change how it performed.....from an "off the line start"....and through out it's handling abilities.

While I saw a much slower start up "off the line"....I was very impressed with how it handled in wide radius turns....and when going full throttle and making tight turns. It is virtually impossible to flip over! All of my testing was done on pavement due to very muddy conditions with large puddles of water so I cannot add how it will handle off-road...but am sure that these same characteristics will no doubt be very similar in off-road conditions.

What I fear....as another RCU member has already experienced with his TMaxx and using the over sized wheels/tires.....is that sooner or later....there will be stresses placed on the stock parts on the drive train that will break.....as they did in his case. So....with a concluding comment about that....if your interested in going to this type of setup....just keep in mind that you will probably experience some drive train breakage....and other stress related breakage....so upgrading will most likely be a necessity for off-road driving.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/sh...t=1&thecat=500

Good Luck!