Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Got The Okay Frm The Sec Of Finance

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Got The Okay Frm The Sec Of Finance

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 07:20 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got The Okay Frm The Sec Of Finance

i just got the ok from the secy of finance (my wife) to buy a mt andshe gave me a budget that is enough to get a new one i am excited but as usual confsed which one to get i saw a savage for 375+15 shipping on ebay from meganitro but i am thinking of the no reverse is it that really important plus what are the recalls for this truck i am choosing between tc tmaxx and savage ..and is CEN TRUCK A GOOD ONE..pls help me
Old 01-27-2003, 07:38 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

They are both good trucks.....at least that is what I have read about with the Savage.....since I own the TMaxx and can only offer info about it...the other guys I'm sure will be glad to offer their opinions on the Savage.

The TMaxx is an awesome truck...."VERY FAST"....and handles well for me. I like it's paint scheme.....it's toughness....the EZ Start make starting the engine a breeze....just plug it in and hit the button and start the engine. It can't be easier than that! You can get parts most anywhere....it's very upgradeable if you want to upgrade different parts....I hear it has an awesome support staff at Traxxas but I have not had to use them...."YET". It's an excellent truck for the money and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an MT.

As for the reverse....it's a handy feature....I have only used it a few times.....it's nice to have it when you want it......but it's not the end of the world if you don't have it. It's another nice feature of the TMaxx that I think helps it sell.

Good Luck!
Old 01-27-2003, 07:55 AM
LandShark

crash_me_over, you really should go ahead to buy a savage.

please.

then, you compare them, give us newbies some real information

about which is better.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:06 AM
crash_me_over

LandShark....Well I would be a newbie with a new Savage, right?

You guys are doing a good job explaining to us all about your Savages. I know I have learned allot from all of you Savage owners and figure that "some day" when I do buy one....I'll be able to use all of the good info all of you guys have posted here!
Old 01-27-2003, 08:55 AM
LandShark

these are all we need.

a guy who has all the following requirements

1. he has spare times

2. he has RC experences, specially, he knows RC cars

3. he knows the strong points and weak points of a MT, and why.

4. he is trusted by most of the people of this forum.

5. he will tell every piece of his real experence neutrally.

crash_me_over, i think you have all of them, please think about

it. BTW, where do you live?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:49 PM
crash_me_over

Whoa......LandShark.....I don't see myself with all of those good points! You sure your talking about the right guy here?

Well....I will say thank you for your vote of confidence and for thinking of me as an honest person.

I live in Eastern Washington....by Washington State University.....it's located in the town of Pullman, Wa.

I did use to live in Walnut Creek California years ago....back in the 60's....on a horse and cattle ranch....and we (my parents, brother and I) use to have race horses and traveled between Phoenix Arizona and California.....many different race tracks....all summer long....racing at different towns in California. It was a hard life....7/24 hours a day...keeping the horses in there best condition and never having a day off to enjoy for ourselves. Eventually I got out of that...went into construction....until 1999.....then moved on to computers(been involved in computers since late 80's). That's what I do now....am computer tech at WSU.

I eventually raised my children...and finally began to have some money for RC trucks. Before the trucks....I enjoyed airplanes for many years....but on a poor mans budget. So buying airplanes was not a luxury for me at first. I use to buy all of the balsa wood...bulk....then buy the plans for an aircraft that I wanted to build.....cut out the templates...then make a kit out of all the cut out pieces....and build an airplane. I did manage to work side jobs to earn extra money for the hobby so now and then I would buy an airplane kit and build it. That was some time ago! I now have many airplanes in boxes ready to be built....but am hanging on to them for when I retire from work....to further enjoy the hobby.

And how about you?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:56 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

thanks for the advices i didnt sleep last night so .. igot up at 11am and ask my wife to come with me at the lhs and i was surprised to see a terra crusher for 374.99 so without second thoughts i bought it..and now i dont think i will be able to work..i need to enjoy my tc even not broken in yet..just looking at it makes me happy..thanks guys
Old 01-27-2003, 09:00 PM
crash_me_over

badboy2....It's called RC addiction!

Congratulations on your new TC. Let us know how it goes with the engine break in and what you think about it as you get to test it out.

Good Luck!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Bandwidth

I agree with LandShark...

Crash_Me_Over needs a Savage to test

I read his posts when ever I see one cause I know it will have good solid info... and he DOES NOT make a newbie (like myself) feel ignorant. Thanks Crash

My Big Bro is already wanting the Savage but has recently seen pictures of the TeamAssociated MonsterGT (Available in Nov 2003)

Maybe if I hit the lottery, I'll hire crash as my personal MT Tester and then he can tell me which one to get..... hehehe

I wonder if he has ever tried installing a CPU Fan on top of a TMAXX?
Old 01-27-2003, 10:44 PM
LandShark

i thoought about installing a cpu fan to cool my engine,

but, i am also afraid that the fan will use too much energy
Old 01-27-2003, 10:49 PM
LandShark

actually, i am thinking about attaching a fan to the spur gear.

the speed of the fan will follow the speed of the spur gear(also

the engine).

another thing. do we really need a fan to cool the engine?
Old 01-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Alteramod

thats a good question. I dont see to many people putting them on. I think its one of them things that you want but dont need.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:40 PM
}{unter

lol what we warm ower engines up to get the best performance and then we get a fan idea .

Nice idea though be a nice project. If you do it let us know how it works and post some pics

}{unter
Old 01-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Bluehydro8

Yeah landshark,
I think the fan is a remarkable idea. I hope you follow through with it. Again, I give you massive credit for that idea. I also agree that crash should get a savage. I believe that you are really capable of showing us nitro newbies how it is done. Long live both Crash and burn and crash me over!
Old 01-28-2003, 05:08 AM
crash_me_over

Originally posted by Bandwidth
Maybe if I hit the lottery, I'll hire crash as my personal MT Tester and then he can tell me which one to get..... hehehe

I wonder if he has ever tried installing a CPU Fan on top of a TMAXX?
Ok Bandwidth.....I'll be your personal MT tester. Of course you realize in order to do a complete and thorough test......we'll need to buy "ALL" of the MT's on the market so we can do an in depth comparison and have tons of data to offer all of the members.

I'm up for that!

No...I have not tried installing a CPU fan on the TMaxx. I'm not sure if it would really be enough to make that big of a difference? Now....give me a leaf blower....and I'll show you some cooling power!

Hey guys....again...thanks for the kind words. I think it's all of you who make this a really fun place to be and help keep the good info up front. Yes...I know I get a little windy sometimes with my long stories.....but I have to tell you....I wasn't born with an RC rig in my arms! It has become a fond and fun way of enjoying a great hobby and being able to enjoy it with the great people here on RCU makes it even more worth while. This place is like having a huge library of knowledge and info at our finger tips!

There's some really knowledgeable people here who have offered a ton of valuable info....I won't take the time to mention them by name....you guys know who I'm talking about....they are all good and I appreciate all of their input! Men....stand up and take a bow!

Thanks all!