RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

"Hey, can i drive that.."

Old 01-03-2007, 12:47 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Hey, can i drive that.."

ORIGINAL: broncbuster

You still can't drive my car. [>:] Really, though, i'm just being facetious. I let two of the team racers drive my revo at the track last weekend. And I let my brother, father and wife drive it at the local elementary school during the Christmas break. My wife drove it straight into the school. And I let my 5 year old son handle the steering while I control the throttle. But i'm still not as nice as you DaveG55. I don't let just anyone drive it.
I'm the same way. Family or friends i'll let, or even encourage. I let my 3 year old daughter drive my RC18... big step up from her R/C Barbie Corvette rolling down my hallway.

But i still say, when a complete stranger comes up, gonna have to lean to the no side. The guy that crashed mine was doing OK, then just looked away at a girl walking by... while the truck was doing 30 something and smack.[8D]
Old 01-03-2007, 12:56 PM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: fga

Ever get people asking to drive your stuff?
Hey man, can I drive your stuff?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:14 PM
fga

ORIGINAL: []TEX[]

ORIGINAL: fga

Ever get people asking to drive your stuff?
Hey man, can I drive your stuff?
sure, no problem. I'll just drive yours for collateral
Old 01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
chevy_jlewis

i really dont think it is an expensive hobby. my fishtanks are way more expensive than this and real cars are really expensive. Even video games are more expensive in my opinion. i have had one kid across the street ask me and i was like no go 3 houses down maybe he will let you drive his... he has a revo 3.3 and the kid was like i think this is a conspiriacy becuase that guy wouldnt let him drive it either. i laughed my ass off and was like well i am done and i went in the back yard and the lil kid came back there too and thank god it ran out of gas and i was like somthing is wrong i have to go fix it and i just went inside and watched him leave.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 PM
NitroEddie

People asking to drive my R/C trucks isn't nearly as funny as people asking to fly my helis.[X(]
Old 01-03-2007, 07:24 PM
ssj2

First off, I almost never let anybody drive my truck. What I hate is when you get a little kid who comes up to you and asks or he starts saying, "I have something way better than yours at home." I just ignore them because it's all BS what they say anyway. I just don't want anybody having the responsibility of paying to replace my truck if they meet it up with a metal pole. Most of the time, people that ask (unless it's an adult) can't afford your so-called "toy" anyway.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:26 PM
too slow

in my school we have this kid in our rc club he is experienced and all but he never brings his own rustler because its what he ownes and i bring in my tmaxx and he kept asking to drive it i wanted to tell this dude off but he was sortof my friend and chose the right thing to do punch him in the face lol just joking i just kept ignoring him
Old 01-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Fiegs

I have found the perfect way to deal with people that ask to drive my truck.

I always bring my old electric rustler with me when i go driving my revo.
If they ask to drive my revo i say "Sorry, not right now, for some reason
i just cant seem to get the motor running without over heating.
I got another one thats a bit slower you can drive while im working on this one"(still goes about 25mph)

Even if he revo is running perfect with no problems i will pretend to work on it while i watch them drive the rustler around.
If they are constantly hitting trees or loosing control i just tell them that the i need to take the revo in to the lhs so they can get it running properly(even though i work there)

If they are good at keeping it under control and arent going wot I set the endpoints on the throttle servo to only open 1/2 way.

Ive only let a few random people drive my truck(maybe 5 at the most).

If im at the track i have a few buddies and i switch them all the time so i can drive the 1/8 buggy or truggy and they can drive the revo, but thats different because they arent just random people that watch me at the park.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 PM
fga

ORIGINAL: TheFinalCut

I have found the perfect way to deal with people that ask to drive my truck.

I always bring my old electric rustler with me when i go driving my revo.
If they ask to drive my revo i say "Sorry, not right now, for some reason
i just cant seem to get the motor running without over heating.
I got another one thats a bit slower you can drive while im working on this one"(still goes about 25mph)

Even if he revo is running perfect with no problems i will pretend to work on it while i watch them drive the rustler around.
If they are constantly hitting trees or loosing control i just tell them that the i need to take the revo in to the lhs so they can get it running properly(even though i work there)

If they are good at keeping it under control and arent going wot I set the endpoints on the throttle servo to only open 1/2 way.

Ive only let a few random people drive my truck(maybe 5 at the most).

If im at the track i have a few buddies and i switch them all the time so i can drive the 1/8 buggy or truggy and they can drive the revo, but thats different because they arent just random people that watch me at the park.
that must be a let down for them, huh? "Hey can i drive your Corvette?" "Ahh, i have to fix something real quick. You can take a spin in this Pinto though."
Old 01-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Fiegs

LOL.....It could be worse.
I could let them drive the micro-t around.

Thats more like "Hey can I drive your Corvette""Ah I got to fix something real quick but I got this sweet mo-ped you can ride"
Old 01-04-2007, 03:14 PM
SOILWORK

It depends on the person and what kind of vibe you get from them. If I am out bashing and some hoodlum comes up to me and says, yo man can i try that..man, come on man..i wont break it man ,then I say no! If its some little kid who is watching and has a big smile on his face because its the coolest thing they has ever seen,then I will ask him or her if they would like to try it.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Vigilante212

First day I had my xxx-nt I was running it around in a school playground(empty at the time) during break in. Some kid couldnt have been more then 6 comes up and asks if he could drive it. Had to tell him no though. So he just stood there for about 5 min watching me run it around. I know why people do it though its because its so much more fun driving it then watching it .
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
squeaky penguin

ever get:

KID: "I got one just like that at house, I just got a new engine in it"..
ME: "cool, get it out and race"....
KID: "actually, it's at my uncle's house"....
ME: "Oh, Ok."
Kid: "It looks like it's burning up"
ME: "No, actually thats just the exaust.......
KID: "Oh, mine doesn't have exaust"

EDIT: spelling
Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 PM
carmatic1

my tx has 2 model memories.... one is everything at 100% and no exponentials, the other is the same except throttle 50% with -50% exponential, brake 30% , and -30% steering exponential.... i wish more people will ask me to let them try my truck , instead of looking at me all funny.... maybe my truck isnt big enough, the tx itself is bigger than the truck...
Old 01-04-2007, 10:11 PM
farknben

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Lord, you guys are a bunch of hard hearts.
I let anybody who asks drive any of mine.
The last one who asked to drive my Revo was a four year old girl. She did really well.
I even encourage it and almost always ask if people watching want to drive.
Even got a buddy to fly my CX last week. He did really well for never having flown any rc aircraft before. I think he may go buy one.
There's a lot of enjoyment to be had in sharing and spreading the hobby.
But to each their own I guess..........
So where is that hobby shop you own?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:26 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: farknben

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Lord, you guys are a bunch of hard hearts.
I let anybody who asks drive any of mine.
The last one who asked to drive my Revo was a four year old girl. She did really well.
I even encourage it and almost always ask if people watching want to drive.
Even got a buddy to fly my CX last week. He did really well for never having flown any rc aircraft before. I think he may go buy one.
There's a lot of enjoyment to be had in sharing and spreading the hobby.
But to each their own I guess..........
So where is that hobby shop you own?
Funny

I probably could have bought one with all I've spent on this hobby...........
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
silverman1

Good idea, bring and old remote radio no batteries. If they ask to drive your rc say yeah, this is reserved for the young kids, fire it up and you actually drive your rc acting like your fixxing your radio.

It gives the young kids such a thrill its just hard to say no. The older smarter kids thats a different story, same goes for adults.

Famous words what a cute toy can i drive it? Yeah sure go ahead and run it into that pole or curb at 30 to 40 plus. A lot of people want to drive it but when they hear the price, I wouldn't buy one but they'll gladly drive your rc's!!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 PM
carmatic1

thats one of the things about owning an offroad vehicle... where you bash, there wont be many people around, and people who do turn up understand that you want to be left alone...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:01 PM
crazyjr

ORIGINAL: SOILWORK

It depends on the person and what kind of vibe you get from them. If I am out bashing and some hoodlum comes up to me and says, yo man can i try that..man, come on man..i wont break it man ,then I say no! If its some little kid who is watching and has a big smile on his face because its the coolest thing they has ever seen,then I will ask him or her if they would like to try it.
I agree, it depends on my first impression from talking to them. I never let kids drive mine, because, as we all know they lose all brains when they are having fun. But if the individual is showing interest and is thinking about getting one, I'll let them drive mine, just to whett their appitite. If the person says let me drive it once,........Nope, sorry
Old 01-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Jrgunn5150

I can't beleive people actually ask you guy's. Noone ever ask me, I must look unfriendly or something
Old 01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Bombers_410

lol take your car to school one day. Everyone will ask you to drive lol. Just buy this and you will never have to worry about people breaking your stuff ever again

Old 01-09-2007, 09:37 PM
89ram

ok bomber, what's "this"?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: 89ram

ok bomber, what's "this"?
Ooh, ooh! Mr. Cotter, I know this one! It's an XL-5 Stampede. That, and/or the old school Tamiya kits are about as durable as they come.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 AM
mOnO n.s.G^

ORIGINAL: jombo

this is why i bring 2 trucks to the field, one is a nitro and the other is a newbright toysrus special. when they ask the question i say sure and pull out the newbright [:-] and then they walk away.
ROFLMFAO o man that was a good one and yea i just moved to a bad part in ohio and all these these kids b walking around and just stop and just sit there stare so i keep a eye out incase they wanna try running off with it[:@][:@][:@]
Old 01-25-2007, 09:12 AM
WarRaven

I must be harsh or something.

I just got into the sport, rigged out a XL5 pede myself with my xmas coin.

Then picked up a 3.3 revo day before last, and to think of it, i wouldn't let anyone drive my pede prior to my revo purchase,
and still may continue to be like that.

Myself would never ask and have never, even when my best friend had a nitro a decade or two ago, i would rather watch thier amount of fun to be had.

Fellow mechanic at work asked to try my pede when i took it in once, i mentioned i had over 500 over an above what the truck cost initially and his hand drew back to his chest and uttered he'd rather watch too.

They mentioned they would rather a more robust gas job type, seems my revo is too exspensive in that category too by his latest words after being informed of cost on initial purchase.

When i borrow a tool from a fellow mechanic, i fully intend to replace it if damged in ANY way from the time it comes into my possesion, i expect the same from my fellas too.

Be wise, or be in line to purchase more.

Peace

WR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.