Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Friggen A! Crappy eBay story here...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Friggen A! Crappy eBay story here...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friggen A! Crappy eBay story here...

So, I just won a BIN on a Savage SS on eBay for $213 shipped. Only thing missing was the transmitter and receiver. No biggie there at all.

Look at the picture-

Item description-

i HAVE HERE UP FOR AUCTION A USED HPI SAVAGE . IT CAME IN A BASKET SO I HAD TO BULD IT FROM PARTS . MOST OF THE STUFF IS BRAND NEW ON IT . LIKE THE PIPE IT ONLY HAS 10 RUNS ON IT .THE MOTER ONLY HAS THE SAME AMOUNT .THE SHOCKS ONLY HAVE 10 RUNS ON THEM THE TANK IS ONY BEEN USED 10 TIMES BUT GOT RELLY DIRTY IN THOSE RUNS . IT HAS THE CAM TYPE SERVO SAVER INSTALLED .A 300 OZ TORQ SERVO IN THE STEARING MADE BY AIRTRONICS THAT WAS SENT IN TO AIRTRONICS BEFORE I GOT IT AND WAS RE DONE SO IT IS ALSO BRAND NEW 10 RUNS ON IT .THE THROTTLE SERVO IS A STANDARD AIRTRONICS THAT ONY HAS 10 RUNS ON IT .HEAVY DUITY DOG BONES FOR THE TIRES .STANDARD DOGBONES GOIN FROM THE TRANS TO DIFFS .COMES WITH A SWITCH AND A USED 6 VOLT RECIVER PACK INSTALLED ALL YOU NEED TO RUN IS A RADIO AND RECIVER AND FUEL AND GLOW STARTER . ONE WAY BEARING IS ACTING UP BUT HAVE ANOTHER TO REPLACE IT .HAS A MODFIED RECIVER INTENNA MOUNT BECAUSE THE OLD ONE BROKE OFF . THIS TRUCK NEEDS TO BE CLEANED I HAVE NO TIME FOR IT NO MORE MUST SELL . ITS MISSING A METAL RING THAT GO'S BEHIND THE SPUR GEAR .. A BODY IS ALSO INCLUDED ITS A DESERT RAT PAiNATED HUNTERS ORANGE YOU CAN'T MISS IT WHEN YOU RUN THE TRUCK OR RACE IT . THANKS FOR LOOKING, JOSH ALSO INCLUDED IS 4 BRAND NEW SPUR GEARS AND 4 BRAND NEW SHOCKS IF I CAN FINF THE SHOCKS.
The seller just emailed me and told me that HE SOLD THE 40 series WHEELS/TIRES and that I won't get them with the Savage!!!??? ***? The wheels and tires were on the truck for the auction pictures and he didn't say a word about them not included anywhere. The 40 series dishes and bowties were one of the reasons that I bid on the auction. He said he would give me 7 stock Savage wheels/tires and 1 stripped stock Savage wheel tire instead?

I told him that he needs to figure out a way to compensate me for the $60 value of the bowtie/dishes/23mm hexes or that I will open a dispute. I asked him how he would feel if someone did that to him.

PRETTY JACKED EH? We'll see how he does. I hope he does the right thing and compensates me for not including the wheels/tires OR includes them.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Dale Gribble

Default RE: Friggen A! Crappy eBay story here...

Actually, I changed my mind. I told him to ship me the Savage with the 40 series 23mm setup as in the picture or just refund my money. The product is not as described without them, so I think I am being fair.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Evader ---> MGT

I hope he comes through for you. A new set would be pretty sweet. If he doesn't what you gonna do? Go to eBay? Go to his house? I'd be pissed, and I'm not trying to say that your hopeless, I just want to know how mad you actually are.

Edit - I agree, he lied, so you deserve it. He better give you a refund, b/c in a commercial situation, that is a class action law suit.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Dale Gribble

Ya, it's really easy. I asked for the wheels/tires or a full refund. He hasn't shipped yet, so it shouldn't be a big deal. All he has to do is go into paypal and refund that money that was sent to him, or just reject it outright.

The guy has 200+ auctions, so he isn't a n00b. I can open a dispute in eBay and handle it that way if I need to.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:50 AM
duckedup

That's a buncha' crap Dale, I'd be po'd also..

I haven't had anything quite like that happen... but, I did win a LST a while back (1st or 2nd feedback I think) and I got a killer deal @ $300 I thought.. well, I thought wrong, that think was the biggest pos I've ever owned, came with an s-load of broken parts and was just beat to ****, hardly got any drive time out of it before I ended up parting it out ... Fortunately that's my only real bad buying experience so far (knock on wood), after over 140 transactions...

Hope everything works out far ya' though, maybe you'll get lucky and score a brand new set of PL's w/ BT's ...probably wishful thinking but ya' never know, depends on how much he cares about his credibility I guess....

edit... that's cool that he hasn't shipped it yet, makes things a little easier....still a buncha' garbage though...
Old 01-31-2007, 12:13 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

just file a complaint right away and get your money..hes tryin to pull a fast one on you..once he gets the notice from paypal he'll prolly say the buyer of the wheels backed out so theyll be in the package..
Old 01-31-2007, 01:31 PM
transam388

I agree with badboy2, don't wait and see if the guy is going to mess with you. File a complaint now. If he comes through then I would sooner see you explain that he did end up sending the same item as advertised instead of you signing for something as delivered and then he claims you accepted it.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Dale Gribble

Hmmm, ebay won't let me open a dispute until 10 days after the auction ends and paypal won't let me file a dispute until I receive (or don't receive the item). I can't report an item not as received or not as shown if I haven't received it yet...

I will continue with diplomacy. I have been on eBay almost 7 years and haven't been had yet, and I am not about to start. I will see what he says in his next response before I decide what to do.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:15 PM
holinger91

lol id ask for a refund thats enough of a refund that i could buy myself some brand new ones... + i was hoping youd get this savage because i just got mine and its basically the same thing so it woulda been kinda cool to see what you were doing to use and what i was doin to mine....
Old 02-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Dale Gribble

UPDATE: I just heard from the seller. I think it's pretty funny. First off, the guy is doing the right thing and including the 40 series set, so it's all good. He and I are straight. His response was really quite funny though.

His response to my request for the 40 series wheels/tires:

dose it say any where in the listing the tires are included ? But Ill be nice and send them any ways
My response

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will post + feedback when I receive the Savvy. Please let me know when you send it out, and if there is any tracking information. I have been on eBay for almost 6 years, and I think that if there is an item pictured in the auction and it isn't explicitly mentioned that it ISN'T included, that it is inherently included.

Thanks for handling it, I appreciate it.
I think I handled myself well.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: holinger91

lol id ask for a refund thats enough of a refund that i could buy myself some brand new ones... + i was hoping youd get this savage because i just got mine and its basically the same thing so it woulda been kinda cool to see what you were doing to use and what i was doin to mine....
I plan on pulling this truck down to nothing, rebuilding it, slapping on some Chronic TVPs, alloy diff cases and maybe adding the adjustable upper a-arms for camber and calling it good. I do have another idea cooking with a combination of a Savage and a 3 or 4-link solid axle setup and scrapping the whole independent suspension and drivetrain... Thing would be huge. We'll see.