Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

post some wide offset wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:47 AM
gojohnnygo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default post some wide offset wheels?

i really want to buy some wheels that provide a wider stance so my Savage doesn't flip everytime i make a tight turn. are there any wheels that are more than just 1/2" offset like some of the Prolines? please post some of the widest of the wide offset wheels here... thanks!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
89ram

Default RE: post some wide offset wheels?

these tires/wheels i bought used, so i don't have a link to them. but, they say ho bao monster on the sidewall. someone told me they were from an ofna pirate, maybe? on a 2.5revo, they make the truck wider than long! they measure 2 3/4 inches in to the hub from the front side, and just 3/4 of an inch to the hub from the back side. they use 17mm hexes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46670.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	615045  
Old 02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
MrN8

Tower sells the RPM StableMaxx wheels for standard 14mm hubs. They are offset over 3/4". The offset specs say .87". I just ordered a set yesterday, so I've yet to see them on a truck.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:12 AM
89ram

here's a better pic of the wheels. they make my 3.3revo sit 20 5/8 inches wide!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15802.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	615049  
Old 02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
jombo

ORIGINAL: 89ram

these tires/wheels i bought used, so i don't have a link to them. but, they say ho bao monster on the sidewall. someone told me they were from an ofna pirate, maybe? on a 2.5revo, they make the truck wider than long! they measure 2 3/4 inches in to the hub from the front side, and just 3/4 of an inch to the hub from the back side. they use 17mm hexes.

i think your right , there from the ofna monster pirate i orderd a set with those exact tires for myself from tower
Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Chronic

Imex makes full offset wheels. A friend of mine runs them on an extended Revo. VERY wide.

There are more ways to keep that Savage on four wheels than just increasing the track width. Go to the HPI MT forum and ask...

Here is my Savage with the Pro-line .5" offsets. That's about as wide as I would want to go with the stock wheelbase. My wheelbase has been extended .5" in these pics.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:45 PM
gojohnnygo

thanks. i already searched for ways to keep the savage on all fours, and already did the 45wt oil and i want to keep the height clearance if possible. i think i might go with the new 0.5" offset wabash wheels by proline (17mm). thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Chronic

Imex makes full offset wheels. A friend of mine runs them on an extended Revo. VERY wide.

There are more ways to keep that Savage on four wheels than just increasing the track width. Go to the HPI MT forum and ask...

Here is my Savage with the Pro-line .5" offsets. That's about as wide as I would want to go with the stock wheelbase. My wheelbase has been extended .5" in these pics.

I was wondering how long it was gonna' be before someone tried out the Gen/Nem shocks on a Savage, how well do they perform? They've held up great on my buddies Nemmy...

gojohnnygo ... good idea to stick with 1/2 offset or less, any more will put alot of strain on the axle stubs.. bending/breaking those would be more of a headache then flipping the truck..
Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Chronic

I haven't had a chance to run them yet, it's a new setup and I'm not finished putting it together. It's all apart again at the moment getting the steering geometry and travel like I want it, and I also have a few other things left to work out.

The white springs are still a little too soft with only one on each corner, so I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do for springs yet. The shocks themselves are great though. Nice and smooth, and they seem like they will be durable... considering. These are the Genesis overhead shocks BTW.