Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New MGT

Old 02-15-2007, 09:03 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New MGT

I waiting for my new MGT, Will it do wheelies?? I will be bashing with a New savage X and it pulls some nice wheelies with a tight slipper, and its fairly fast. What do you guys think? This is my first Monster truck.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:27 PM
newnitro

Default RE: New MGT

Bone stock the MGT will probably not pull wheelies. With some mods it should (FOC, tuned pipe, lightened clutch shoes, and geared a little lower) Still a great tough truck and great basher. Enjoy.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Evader ---> MGT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faTM3jcimPQ

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/ghstrcn/

It'll wheelie under the right conditions. My grass in the vid was wet not giving my MGT enough traction to wheelie, but my truck will wheelie and even do stoppies on dry grass and pavement.

BTW- that was the MGT 100% stock.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:18 PM
mentorman

Awesome, cool vids. I'm going to break in the stock motor then mod it, I do my own sleeve work. I think the MGT is a little heavier than the savage, but it looks like it handles better. Thanks for the post! I enjoyed them.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:31 PM
scottywilkes

the MGT is alot larger than the savage, its LST size, and yes it hadnles alot better and the chassis is stronger than the savages also, u will never see a bent MGT chassis lol
Old 02-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Nooooo way! The chassis is difinatly the toughest chassis out there. Until you see one for yourself, it's a reinforced aluminum box that has ZERO chassis flex. Not like the Savvy's TVP's that bend daily.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
mentorman

In the earlier post, I was watching the MGT in action, dam this thing is tough, I wouldnt jump it off a 40ft cliff, but its nice knowing it will take it. I have a dynamite 28 modded I can always throw in incase the stock thundertiger isnt enough. It sounds like a good motor though. The snow delayed my delivery from Tower, looks like I will be watching videos until next week, keep em coming they'er awesome!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Evader ---> MGT

That's too bad. I've never seen anyone get effected by weather beofre.
Are you talking about the video with the MGT and hellfire flying and going off the quarry's cliff? That's a sweet vid.

Yeah, the MGT incredably tough, especially compared to the two Evader's I had before the MGT. Also, the stock engine is great, I still wheely with 4 gallons though it, but I think that dynamite would really kick some arse.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:29 AM
scottywilkes

run the stocker till it dies, which will be many many gallons unlesss it gets dirt in it or u run it lean, its a great engine, its so so reliable, puts out good power, i mean by no means is it a nova but its a great stock engine, that lasts a long time, i would rather have a engine that lasts many more gallons than one that puts out more power but lasts shorter. Alot of people get 10 gallons out of there stocker engine, then again a couple have only got a couple, but thats mostly from user error.

DAAAAAAAM u cant of gone through 4 gals MGT, Ive had my MGT way longer and drive it everyday i can get lol, and uve been down for a while to, i guess ive been down for 6 weeks also though LOL. Il get some small vids of my ramp and MGT goin, its not huge, i only had 1 speed as i stripped 2nd out lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIj89q4gjRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-u-u6qGwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE8fZTfFWJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g5VZUokocM

this is first day i started it, pretty much the first tank after breaking fine tuning it, but my little street isnt much of a help with WOT runs lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S27FnQTLRwY
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Evader ---> MGT

I know, but my 4th bottle (1 gal) of 20% has about 1-2 tanks left in it, so I need to get more. I can't believe it either I've been driving it like mad since I got it fixed. Even though it's busted now, after bashing hard with ferrari, I've still been driving all I can. Rear wheel drive is okay until I can go to the LHS and get some stuff. Something else is wrong, but I can't think of it. It's super minor...

BTW, the rear wheel drive is because of a rig I installed to get front wheel drive that broke, not because of the truck, so I need to get the real Associated or Thunder Tiger part to keep it from breaking again. The truck is really tough. Just that darn OWB.

Mentor, get some vids of your MGT when you get it. You'll be very happy with your choice, but it sounds like you already are.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:57 AM
scottywilkes

dam im only about 3ish gals through my engine, the pinch in it is still strong as hell, just as much as my first start. Cant wait till my engine bearing gets here, i will finally be able to start the beast up again, its now wheelieng like a beast with the RPM arms, i think thats what was stopping me from wheelieng as i got RPMs nearly as soon as i got it, and everyone knows they lower the truck a fair chunk.

Any new pics of the MGT ? Havnt seen it with the new goodies
Old 02-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Evader ---> MGT

I got pics, but I can't find my cord for my camera. Sucks really. I'm getting an LST2 pipe soon and I'll be sure to have a camera before then. Also, my white arms are holding up well, just gotta wash em a lot. I think I'm gonna bend my limiter tabs on the skid plates tonight more more travel. I like the low profile look, but my MGT flips over just as much and I love wheelies. Also, the popped shock might hold me back. THAT"S WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS! No biggie.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:35 AM
scottywilkes

HAAHAHGA thats the beauty of the powerstrokes, i was jumpin with joy when i got them for that cheap. LST2 pipe is huge, ive got the LST1 pipe and u can see how big that is lol. I love the RPMs, i never once flipped with the RPMs on, and it still wheelied enough for me, jab it on the grasss and bang up on the rear wheels, or on road, im hyped about my bearing comin, il be able to hear the engine of the MGT once again
Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 PM
mentorman

Right on, I will vid it, it was supposed to come today but the UPS tracking put a delay on the shipping, the only thing I can think of is that big snow storm in the Illinois area. I'll keep running my Ofna buggy till then. I finally get a Monster truck!!! I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. Yes I was referring to the Hellfire MGT Vid it was cool. Those Hellfires are no joke either, but its not a real Monster. IMO.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:01 PM
duckedup

Which vid are you guys talking about? I think I've seen one like that with Savages but not sure I've seen the MGT one... got a link?
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM
scottywilkes

its on youtube, and they jump it of a massive quarry dirt mound. Il try and find it for ya
Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM
scottywilkes

ask and u shall recieve http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgyivSW2Y...e=user&search=
Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
duckedup

Niiice thanks..
Old 02-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Snaut Rocket

can some one post the vid of the mgt jumping a quarry
Old 02-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Snaut Rocket

never mine
Old 02-17-2007, 12:12 AM
scottywilkes

snaut rocket look up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL
Old 02-17-2007, 12:20 AM
duckedup

That's a pretty hardcore beating the MGT took there, hard to believe it drove away from almost all those jumps [X(]

and.... you won't see me trying anything like that
Old 02-18-2007, 12:20 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97206289&hl=en
heres my vid it says 20minutes but its actually 3minutes long its my 1st vid and was taken like 2yrs ago..
Old 02-18-2007, 12:28 AM
scottywilkes

Wow thats along time ago lol, How many broken parts over that length of time?
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

no broken parts actually just the tie rods keep fallin off which i solved by putting washers ..sometimes it gets boring when nothing breaks..
another old pic but it still looks the same hehehe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.