Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Oh yeah buddy... Its arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:52 AM
OneMoreSuicide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh yeah buddy... Its arrived!

I got my MGT on valentines day, 2nd best vday gift I have ever received! I wont mention the first best gift because there might be kids here... but I will say my girlfriend gave it to me...lol

God this truck is huge. I stayed up until about 2am just looking it over and read the paper work. Checking the steering and turnbuckels and making sure its good to go.. I even did my first mod yesterday... The Channel 4 Mod...lol took me 30 seconds to get the receiver out and 3 hours(Not really) to get the receiver back in with all the wires... AND I didnt need a hammer either.. although I did kind of want to use one for a moment there.

Ya know I would think most people would be going insane if they were in the situation i am in but Im just so happy i got it that it kind of numbs it a little...

I ordered a glow starter, filter oil, ARO, and a few other things from tower. I just havnt gotten them yet. I dont have any nitro either because my LHS doesnt open until 10am CST. I went to walmart and bought 28 AA batteries(I wanted extra, just in case).

So I have a badarse truck with out fuel or a way to start it... and whats worse is i might not have time to break it in today. I get out of class at 11am and I work at 1230pm. I think I will get out early today because I have a test and usually my prof lets us leave when we finish the test and her test are easy. I just finished her 50 question test in 8 minutes and I think I aced it..lol i love my college.

anywho back on course, so to speak...lol The only thing I wish I could have changed about it is if I got to choose the body color, I got the Blue and I wanted the Red. But it made practicly no difference when opened the closet door and saw that my girlfriend had hidden it from me in an attempt to keep focus on the holliday(She knows how excited I have been and I would have probably ignored her all day. But I forgive her....lol). I opened the closet door and it seemed like it was in slow motion. My girlfriend said, "It came AFTER you came home from lunch to check for it. So I put it the closet because its vday and I knew you would get distracted." I responded, ith a blank stare, "Uh huh.. I gonna go play with my truck." and she never saw me again, until morning that is...lol

Man I cant wait until I finish my next test and get to go to my LHS and get some nitro and extra plugs and head to the park to break in the bad boy...

I saw a graphic on the front grill that made me laugh.. it said "BFT".. and thats just about all I said for the first 15 minutes after opening it. Then I saw the truck was labeled it...

Well thats all I can say for now except for, Thanks to every one who helpped me decide. This is great!

j
Old 02-16-2007, 11:11 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Oh yeah buddy... Its arrived!

Have fun man!
Very cool, Thats an awesome valentines gift. I think you got yourself a keeper there!
I'm buying my GF a little Stampede and painting a body pink with her name on the truck. That way she dosent feel left out when i go outside for hours lol.
POST SOME PICTURES! We wanna see also!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:23 AM
KRO

Do yourself a favor and get a 6 volt NiMh hump pack for the receiver , my truck would eat up alkalines like candy . Another good investment would be a failsafe , mine has saved me more than a few times .

Gotta love the BFT (Big FVckin Truck)
Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Uh oh.... I have seen this before; I am sorry to say buddy, but you have just taken your first step to an addiction.

Here are the signs of RC addiction-

1. The first sign of addiction is a few cheap and quick mods; maybe a cooling head cover or some RPM arms. It won't be enough...

2. Then you will get more serious about it; you will get an RX pack, some 40 series wheels and tires and maybe an upgraded steering servo.

3. Within 1-2 years time you will have an 1/8 buggy, a truggy, 2 monster trucks and a few thousand dollar dent in your wallet. You will enjoy the smell of nitro on your hands and the smell of spent nitro fuel when you run your stuff. Your MGT will be completely unrecognizable because it will be a combination of titanium and aluminum and it will have a custom painted body on it. You will stay up into the hours of the morning just to get everything perfect.

Sorry, but welcome to the club!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:55 PM
OneMoreSuicide

ORIGINAL: KRO

Do yourself a favor and get a 6 volt NiMh hump pack for the receiver , my truck would eat up alkalines like candy . Another good investment would be a failsafe , mine has saved me more than a few times .

Gotta love the BFT (Big FVckin Truck)
Ahh.. but I have..lol The hump is charging now and the failsafe is on its way from the RC superstore on eBay.. But I just realized.. ya know what i forgot to buy... a fuel bottle... lmao I will dropping by the lhs today before work.

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble
Uh oh.... I have seen this before; I am sorry to say buddy, but you have just taken your first step to an addiction.
And its an addiction I welcome with open arms.. I got a taste a few years back with the buggy and now its on for good...lol
Old 02-16-2007, 02:07 PM
NEPA_Scott

ADDICTED......

Pretty cool eh.

I also would recommend going to Sam's Club and buying the rechargeable AA's for the remote. It'll save you some $$ in the long run.

Funny, I did not have a fuel bottle when I started...I used a soda can for weeks.....lol

Another tip. Save the pullstart for emergencies, like when your drill for the rotostart dies....Use a cordless drill.

Good luck,
Scott
Old 02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Welcome to Rcholics anonymous!

Hi i'm joe and i'v been doin rc for 11 years and spent way to much![:@] I lost the value of a dollar/[]
--------------------------------------------------
Cool let us know how she runs.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:35 PM
redfox03

yeah, i was the same way when i got my mgt. only thing is i started mine the first day i got it as soon as i got off work. my first big block truck and it was great. so used to driving my hpi mt2 thinking that engine was loud, but the .28 was nice. now, my truck isn't too stock now. check out my gallery and you'll see how it looks now. i remember setting it on the kitchen table and turning on the electronics for the first time and thinking "man this truck is huge". but the addiction hasn't stopped, and within a year i have 4 rc's now. i started in dec 05, and by dec '06 i have an hpi mt2 (first rc), Monster GT, RC18MT, and a Hyper 7. oh yeah, and probably a little over a thousand dollars in parts and other equipment.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:16 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: OneMoreSuicide

I saw a graphic on the front grill that made me laugh.. it said "BFT".. and thats just about all I said for the first 15 minutes after opening it. Then I saw the truck was labeled it...

j
I don't know about you but I thought BFT stood for something other than "Bigger Faster Tougher" at 1st.. My 1st thought was "Big ____ Truck" ...
Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

Is the ch 4 mod where you put the battery plug to it? You get more power to the servos? I thought the MGT came with a 3 channel.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:06 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I was not so dam stupid when it comes to using my digital camera, and spending money, Id love to post a pic of all my stuff.

It all started with a duratrax max st truck, then an hpi rush, and the a rs4, now 4 years later and over 20 rc trucks and cars sitting around the house and some hiding to protect the inocent me. My rc table has like 15 radio's sitting on it. Did I mention they are all mostly rtrs but some high end rtrs. Now I need a new ride, (car to drive) as the transmission has kicked it in my back up vehicle. I do 88 to 100 mile a day to and from work. yeah it can become an addiction real easy, I've been liken the muggy lately.

Im hooked on rc's not drugs or alcohol just as bad!!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:19 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: mentorman

Is the ch 4 mod where you put the battery plug to it? You get more power to the servos? I thought the MGT came with a 3 channel.
The stock receiver is a 4 channel.... Doing the mod bypasses the BEC - the BEC reserves 1.2 volts for the receiver only allowing 4.8 volts to the servos, after the mod you get the full 6 volts to the servos at all times...
Old 02-17-2007, 06:54 PM
OneMoreSuicide

ORIGINAL: duckedup

ORIGINAL: OneMoreSuicide

j
I don't know about you but I thought BFT stood for something other than "Bigger Faster Tougher" at 1st.. My 1st thought was "Big ____ Truck" ...
Yeah on my truck that IS what it means...lol Big F****n Truck although at this moment it stands for BROKEN F****n Truck...lol See the thread titled "Cement Pillar 1, MGT 0" for pictures of my 1st day bashing.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Here are the signs of RC addiction-

1. The first sign of addiction is a few cheap and quick mods; maybe a cooling head cover or some RPM arms. It won't be enough...

2. Then you will get more serious about it; you will get an RX pack, some 40 series wheels and tires and maybe an upgraded steering servo.

3. Within 1-2 years time you will have an 1/8 buggy, a truggy, 2 monster trucks and a few thousand dollar dent in your wallet. You will enjoy the smell of nitro on your hands and the smell of spent nitro fuel when you run your stuff. Your MGT will be completely unrecognizable because it will be a combination of titanium and aluminum and it will have a custom painted body on it. You will stay up into the hours of the morning just to get everything perfect.

Sorry, but welcome to the club!
Have you been spying on me? LOL Well, I don't have a buggy or truggy.......................yet