Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Review your Ofna Titan HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 08:37 PM
ridethelightnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review your Ofna Titan HERE!!

I see soo many posts for the Savage and the T-maxx but I rarely see any posts about the Titan! I know they are somewhat new and a bit more expensive so maybe that's why they are not quite as popular yet.

C'mon, someone has to have one out there!! Let me hear about the good/bad of this MT.

I am still leaning towards a Ofna but I want more info from the guys that actually have this great looking MT and who have maybe raced with a Traxxas or Savage.

I need feedback, PLEASE HELP!!

Not just "hey this is a great MT", but let me know about the handleing, jumping, speed, what parts tend to break most, what woud you suggest to upgrade first after buying one.

Info, info, info!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 06:29 PM
JWash1

I can't tell you anything about the truck itself, But I LOVE the engine. I bought an Ofna .25 and an XTM .21 conversion for my two year old T-Maxx and I can't stop smiling. This engine has a lot more torque than the .21s I have seen in T-Maxxes.
Check out the Titan Videos at Ofna.com. If it had reverse I probably would have bought one by now.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:57 PM
inferno2469

Well i am still breaking mine in. the manuals from ofna leave A LOT to be desired. i have best friends with a savage and a tmaxx and their documentation on break in and tweaking are much better. Ofna does have some info on their website, but for $500 i wouldnt mind a dvd like the tmaxx. anyway. it is REALLY big. the savage and tmaxx are kicking its ***** right now but i am still trying to tweak the engine out. i dont expect to beat them in a straight line drag race anyway. it's big, heavy and cool looking though. i am waiting for some hop up parts, not that it needs much.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:51 AM
DAVCOM

i too am looking for info on other peoples opinions on the ofna dominator .. but dont see many posts about them..my hobby shop only sells ofna so wasnt much of a choice selection on other makes i do own a tmaxx i bought last yr.. like it but like the ofna
more now..
Old 02-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Bluehydro8

Ridethelightnin,
I have an ofna titan; I personally recommend it for anyone who has the money to spend. This truck will chew out my savage and t-maxx. The titan is huge, about 2 inches bigger around than the savage. This truck is even faster than the T-maxx. I will be happy to answer any questions any one of you might have.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:07 AM
savageone

Faster in a drag race, faster on the track, or higher top speed?
Old 02-12-2003, 05:03 AM
ridethelightnin

Default Bluehydro8

First, can you cut me off a branch from your money tree!! lol

Since you have all three, how would you compare the three as far as jumping stability/balance, Top end Speed, durability, craftsmanship, and anything else you can think of?

What upgrades/mods would you recommend for someone purchasing a Titan? For example, roll bar skid plates, etc,.

Thanks for your input!

Do you have any pics with all your trucks sitting side by side?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:25 AM
pirate man

HAAAAAAA! finaly some ofna stuff. well I have drag raced a T-max & Savage. I did get beat but , by how far? well T-max a two t-max length, sav my front bumper was knocking on it's door. sav was running a hyper 8 port. T-max was all stock. I have a pirate monster, ALL stock. they are using 20% nitro. I was on 15% nitro 20% all synth oil. I was on the lean side but, at the start I was side to side untill there 2nd gear kicked in . thats when thay sorta pulled away. my 2 speed is in the mail. and the 25 w/ my tax return.
from what I have seen I would go for the titan my self "I want one". if the price is a issue then I would go for the savage w/ 25 size eng. I am very happy with this truck.(pirate monster). I hit a stop sign pole at full speed (thats another story) the only thing that happen was the right side hub pulled off from its ball. no broken parts . I have been running her hard on ruff terain. I just wished the body was durable as the truck. just my inputs.

cowboysfan
Old 02-14-2003, 04:52 PM
DAVCOM

pirate man ive heard some guys talking about those poping out. only thing that happen was the right side hub pulled off from its ball how do you put it back for future reference..
Old 02-14-2003, 05:10 PM
Bluehydro8

The titan is actually faster than my savage and t-maxx. It does not do as well on the trck but it does great on the bashing side. This truck will take a beating. In a dragrace, the titan is slower than the t-maxx but faster than the savage, Top speed ih higher on the titan than on the t-maxx or savage. on stock settings. I will be modifieng this sucker asap beacuse I would like to use it for track. The suspension is much better than the t-maxx but not savage.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:23 PM
davesbigtitan

well im new here, but i have had my titan for 2 months now. this truck just flat out rocks. there isn't anywhere it can't go. this is also my first nitro truck. it will set you back some real cash. the only thing i have to say is make sure you lock tight your driveshafts. i kept having mine fall out for the longest time. today i have to go buy new shocks(i ran it into a garbage can, can won) and a new half shaft. the half shaft broke after 20 some 10 foot launches. people love watching me rock this thing thru the air. everything else has held up quite well. i bought it because of the size. any ?'s i'd be glad to answer.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:01 PM
ridethelightnin

Default Fun factor

What do you think the fun factor would be compared to a buggy?

Meaning, seems like it would be able to go more places than a buggy. I am going down to the LHS today to go check one out.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:02 AM
ridethelightnin

I'll be picking up my Titan, hopefully, tomorrow but I wanted to know when you broke in your engine how many glow plugs did you go through? How many should I get for just breaking in the engine?

What mods would you recommend? I was thinking of getting a pipe?
Old 02-18-2003, 01:14 AM
pirate man

DAVCOM just snap them back on . they are hard to snap back on but, that just tells you how much force it takes to pop noe off.
THE PIRATE
Old 02-18-2003, 08:12 AM
davesbigtitan

it already comes with a tuned pipe, i don't know what all you could do to modify it. if you check out ofna.com they have a video of a guy in england that mounted two engines on his. his is crazy fast. i want to get a bigger eng whenever mine takes a sh*t. i went out and put on a 1/10th scale excursion body on mine. fits ok. looks like an actual monster truck with the tires not being under the body. i wish they would make some more bodies for it. plus some different tires?!
Old 02-18-2003, 03:48 PM
ridethelightnin

Default davesbigtitan

Yeah, I was looking for some good all around tires for asphalt too and didn't see much. I also would like to change the bodies too but haven't found any direct replacements. Post some pics of your excursion body if you can.

How is the stock steering servo? I have read a lot of posts that on some of the other MTs the stock servo if pretty weak. Have you had any problems?
Old 02-20-2003, 12:47 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

what engine would i need to put in a titan for it to hit around 40 mph?
Old 02-20-2003, 02:09 AM
ridethelightnin

Default 40+ Mph

Go to Ofna.com and check out their engines. They have a .26 (.21 case size) bore due out in March. The HP is est. @ 2.7!!
Old 02-20-2003, 06:29 AM
davesbigtitan

my servo is pretty good as long as the batteries are fresh. other wise is slows alot. they said in an article in rc car action that they could turn the tires without it moving. even with fresh batteries that is really hard. i will have to take a pick and put it on a disk later to post it. the rims and tires from a ofna pirate or dominator will fit but seems as though they would be really small and look awful. that .26 motor seems like it would be alot better than the .25 we have now. but how much? they dont say. to me it seems as thought mine tops out right around 40mph!??
Old 02-20-2003, 07:31 PM
ridethelightnin

Default davesbigtitan

I was hoping you could help me out.

I was assembling the body last night and I decided NOT to put on all the plastic parts including roll bar because I figure until I get the handling down they will just all break off anyways.

I think the directions really suck!! Sorry did I say suck? well they do.

The factory setup for the body was off. IF I put the body on the mount posts, they had the stop too far down so the posts stuck up about and inch through the top of the body. In my opinion it looked like crap! So i moved the stops up and adjusted them so the body sits higher on the posts but now there are huge gaps on the side so you can see the radio box and all the guts of the truck rather easily. Its just my opion that the stock body was an after thought and they didn't put much thought into it.

I like how the body on the T-max and savage look and I think they fit better than the Titan.

I hope they make some better bodies for the Titan soon.

I was also going to put the stickers on the body too until I realized that they weren't pre cut and I needed an x-acto knife or scissors to put them on so I left them off for now. (Besides why mess them all up when I probably will crash alot)

Did you put your stickers on and all the plastic cheap-ass trim??

I ordered a 200oz torque servo last night from towerhobbies because I didn't like how wimpy the stock servo seemed. The wheels wouldn't turn much to the left on the carpet. It's good enough for now I guess.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:34 AM
davesbigtitan

yea i put most of the stickers on. but i did not put on the rollbar. too gay looking for me and it seemed as though it would fit easily anyways. watch out for how low you put the body on though. the head will heat up alot and melt the body.i played with the pegs alot till i got it where i thought the body looked good. i don't mind the body, i just like to customize stuff so it doesn't look like everyone elses. you can buy the body clear and paint it yourself though.
Old 02-21-2003, 03:47 AM
ridethelightnin

Where did you find Titan bodies? I checked the OFNA sites and some others but didn't have any luck.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:13 AM
davesbigtitan

i believe it was on tower hobbies website. i used the yahoo search for ofna titan and found a lot of sites.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:01 AM
gidzila

Just found a design flaw with the titan, i dunno whether you guys in the states have this same problem (seeing that it's Hong Nor that sell it here, and it's called the megalith). but what we found is that the rear dog bones snap in the same spot all the time and we believe it's a design flaw in that on full shocky compression the dog bone would wear against the top lip of the cup up to the point that it would just grind it away and snap it. . It normally happens when you run in a lot of uneven terrain. Was just wondering if you guys have this same problem as well.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:23 PM
ridethelightnin

Default gidzila

Can you post some pics?

This was my first weekend out and I broke the axle where the dogbone enters the rear axle. The set screws came out so the pin then fell out cause causing the pin and dog bone to bind and that's what probably caused the axle to crack by the set screw hole. I try and post a pic later this week.

I checked for all the nuts and screws for tightness before I ran it but I really should have taken the MT apart and added locktight. However, Ofna said they would cover it under warranty.

Let me know if you have any other problems. POST PICS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.