Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Air filter won't stay on

Old 03-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Malacaih

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filter won't stay on

Air filter pipe keeps coming off at the carb. I've replaced the zip tie and gotten it as tight as I can. Still won't stay on.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Alteramod

Default RE: Air filter won't stay on

Is it the stock air filter? The only thing I can say if it is ... make sure you have the tubeing all the way down on the neck of the carb. Place zip tie as low and you can, or get a bigger (width wise) that still fits in the spot where they are supose to go and use a pair of pliers to pull it tight.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM
nkbrisson

you can also use a small hose clamp that you can get a the hardware store, they work and you can make them real tight, or you can make a support for the filter side to hold the weight of the filter rather then the hose holding the whole thing. Just use a piece of coat hanger and bend it up to make a support that is fixed to the chassis and your good to go. here is a picture of mine on my warhead, don't mind the really dirty truck, this is just after a race weekend before cleaning.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62143.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	640577  
Old 03-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Ewanni

Are you tightening the ziptie while the air filter is on the carb? What I did was I put the filter on the carb and tightened the zip tie. Then I removed the air filter and tightened the zip tie just one more notch. Then I put it back on the carb, making sure it will still attach and come off by hand. It should be a tighter fit now. Also make sure the neck of the filter and carb are dry from filter oil on the inside and outside. Mine had a bit of a residue at first so I wiped it off.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Bria1

I've found a narrower zip-tie works better. Sometimes the wider zip-ties don't get into the groove on the carb that well and will allow it to pull off.