Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

steel spur gear for tmaxx 3.3 worth the money or not

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

steel spur gear for tmaxx 3.3 worth the money or not

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 PM
choppermikez
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steel spur gear for tmaxx 3.3 worth the money or not

is the 3.3 steel spur gears that r out for the jato t maxx worth the money or r they not so hot i mean i keep haven problems with stripen out plastic but i owned a 2.5 in the past that had a sim problem i went to steel and it went away so if u could just help me figure out if i should or shouldnt spend the money on them thanks mike
Old 03-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Ken448

Default RE: steel spur gear for tmaxx 3.3 worth the money or not

NOT worth it. You need to spend some time setting the mesh right, and adjusting the slipper correctly. A spur gear can easily last a couple gallons or so.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:28 PM
gkcontra

You'd also be better off spending the money on alum. chassis braces instead. Chassis flex is right behind poor mesh when it comes to stripping gears.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
KILL--ROY

The steel spurs are good if you are ruff with your truck. First I would get the chassie braces. You really need them if you do any jumping at all, and the the steel spur. After that get some rpm arms, and your truck should be pretty tuff.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:23 PM
choppermikez
My Feedback: (11)

trust me if sumthing breaks on my truck other then spur gears or glow plug yea im gonna really pissed i have rpm arms alum frame mounts alum shock towers rpm body mounts rpm knuckles so pretty much if it breaks it must have been a wicked wreck i mean i have slamed head on in to a tree at almost wide open ( didnt judge the area good enough) throttle and only broke the stock bumper so if it rpm made for my truck or alum basicly its on my truck