Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

!!Transmission wont stay in gear!! HELP

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

!!Transmission wont stay in gear!! HELP

Old 03-26-2007, 07:56 PM
schlags62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!Transmission wont stay in gear!! HELP

[:@]I have my new warhead EVO broke in and finally start to tune it (it runs fairly well)and now it won't go in gear? If I unhook the servo and manually put it in gear, as soon as I hit the throttle it pops back out.
I am new at nitro but do you think Duratrax will fix it or what should I do??
Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 PM
JFACKY

Default RE: !!Transmission wont stay in gear!! HELP

adjust the shift linkage on the servo so it's just pushing on the shift arm and holding it in gear. next do the same for reverse. then check forward again. and so on. you're done when the arm holds the trans in gear in both postions.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:15 AM
skidMarkNZ

i'm having the same problem with my giga crusher, doesn't matter where i put the servo the problem still seems to be there i took the centre transmission apart theres no munched gears or anything everything is all ok , any ideas what could be going on , i suspected slipper clutch but doesn't seem to be that, seems to have gotten worse since i locked the rear diff, it's like it stay in gear but you can revs the heck out of it and it goes at about walking pace , or it will suddenly lurch into gear and stall and die, all the drive shafts are tight diffs are fine, *'m at a loss

sorry to hijack your thread :P
Old 03-28-2007, 10:36 PM
skidMarkNZ

i found the problem with mine yours might be doing the same thing, inside the tranny the shift fork goes into a slot on the gear and it's meant to be a 90 degree angle in the e4nd...mine had munched it into a slope so it couldn't lock in it would force the fork loose, thus making the shift arm move, you may need to replace the whole gear, but in mine it had unscrewable bits so if they get munched you can replace em, now i thought i would be a clever bugger, so i took em out turned em upside down and put them back in just like new, and fixed me problem

hope that helps.

Cheers : Mark