RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST2 Hopups and spare costs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:20 AM
xrapidx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST2 Hopups and spare costs?

Hi Guys

How do the Team Losi LST2 spares and hopups cost compare to the HPI Savage X SS spares and Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 spares? I'm trying to decide what MT to get, and recently stumbled on the LST2.

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:28 PM
HWYSHREDDER78

Default RE: LST2 Hopups and spare costs?

Factory replacement parts and aftermarket parts will be very similar in price for the three but I would say the lowest would be the Tmaxx by a small margin for factory replacement parts.I own Revo and the factory replacement parts are very affordable.The Savage x and Lst2 are bigger trucks in size and I would say tougher than the Tmaxx from what I have seen so that would equal less parts to buy from crashes.The Lst2 and Tmaxx are a little easier to work on than the Savage.But the Savage is built like a tank and very hard to break but they all break at some point in time.So my opinion is simply buy the one that you feel good about buying and also consider what your local hobby shop stocks the most parts for because when you break a part it will probably be some little oddball part that you will need and waiting a week for one little part kind of sucks.They are all great trucks and I wouldn't hesitate on buying any one of them.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:15 PM
lucias
My Feedback: (4)

IMO Don't let your LHS decide what you buy, buy what ever truck you like the best! You can order parts online from many retailers and have it in 2 days..
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

THE place for LST2 parts is www.killerhobbies.com.. They have everything you need for an LST2, and very good service. I would also look up www.lstforums.com to learn all you could ever need to know about LST2's..

As far as the Savage X SS, well, there are simply more of them out there, so parts are just more available - where I live anyway...(but I think everywhere too..) I see you're in South Africa, so you may want to consider what's available there.

BTW, also look up www.nitrobashers.com. It's an Aussie site that bashes the crap out of LST2's. I think they run like LST2 chop shops, so maybe they could help you out..