Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Cen Gst 7.7 is it drill start or pull start??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen Gst 7.7 is it drill start or pull start??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:04 PM
ahfu25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Gst 7.7 is it drill start or pull start??

some of you might know I just got me a mgt. Well i still want more toys and my excuse is that my radio is a 4 model memory and i need 2 more rc's to fill it up. I was looking at the revo and gst but i think i want the gst first, only thing i want to know is if its drill start?? and if its not can i switch it to drill start??
Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Bigbern

Default RE: Cen Gst 7.7 is it drill start or pull start??

I got a CEN GST 7.7 when I bought my MGT. It comes with a pull start but after break in you can get a CEN Racing Roto-Tech Starter Kit. If you do decide to get the GST make sure to loosen the glow plug just a bit when starting it for the break in or use a heat gun to preheat it. I failed to read the little note in the back of the manual that came with it and broke my pull start a few times.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 PM
CrazyMento

pull start out of box. compression is very high so loose the plug like bigbern said.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 PM
ahfu25

why after break in to get the drill start??
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM
jombo

it gets alittle easier to start, what they dont want you to do is break a controll rod if you hydrolock it. with a roto start its easier to break the engine that way than the pull start. i think after like 6or 7 tanks the engine should be broken in enough to get the roto start. i like the pull start one less thing to carry in the field.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:50 PM
ahfu25

well looks like I wont be getting a gst after all. i called all the hobby shops i know and only 1 has it but they got it from someone who traded it in forstore credit. None have parts for at all not even a screw!!!!!!!!!!!!!![][][] So tomorrow im off to get a revo instead. Btw my mgt is coming along great , i ran my 7th tank today and she was running nice and smooth and showing off a lil power
Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just order it off e-bay. I bet it's cheaper then you hobby shop anyway. Then get yourself a few replacement parts off e-bay also if you want. Problem solved. It's not like the GST breaks all the time, get a set of A arms, and turnbuckles extra and you should be good. I would definately get a GST before i got a REVO.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
ahfu25

Naaaaa. Imagine having to wait for days to run your truck just because of 1 little part instead of being able to run over the the lhs and pick up fix it the same day and run your truck the same day. not what I want to go thru
Old 04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
ahfu25

btw how do you like that jato 3.3 my homeboy just got one 2day
Old 04-03-2007, 11:12 PM
JUCD VPR

Haha i have to wait 3+ weeks to get parts since i'm deployed overseas. I've been waiting 4 weeks for my new FG MT, mail is SO FREAKIN SLOW here!
I'd rather wait a day or two for a part vice, buying a revo. IF your GST breaks, then run your MGT until the part comes in. Just my opinion, thats how much better the GSt is. But buy the Revo if thats what you really want. You probably won;t find ANY hobby shop that stocks GST parts, it's a new truck.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:16 PM
ahfu25

I see you got a jato 3.3, how does it run??
ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

Haha i have to wait 3+ weeks to get parts since i'm deployed overseas. I've been waiting 4 weeks for my new FG MT, mail is SO FREAKIN SLOW here!
I'd rather wait a day or two for a part vice, buying a revo. IF your GST breaks, then run your MGT until the part comes in. Just my opinion, thats how much better the GSt is. But buy the Revo if thats what you really want. You probably won;t find ANY hobby shop that stocks GST parts, it's a new truck.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:19 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: ahfu25

it's freaking FAST! Tell him if he wants to drive off road, to buy some Dirt Hawg tires and rustler wheels. The stock anacondas suck in the grass but run great on the street. You definately have to DRIVE that buggy, takes some skill! But it's real fun, i'm selling mine and i'm buying a LST2.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 PM
ahfu25

How does tjhe lst compare to the gst the lhs carry those!!

ORIGINAL: ahfu25

it's freaking FAST! Tell him if he wants to drive off road, to buy some Dirt Hawg tires and rustler wheels. The stock anacondas suck in the grass but run great on the street. You definately have to DRIVE that buggy, takes some skill! But it's real fun, i'm selling mine and i'm buying a LST2.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Bigbern

Hey JUCD I am gonna be getting a Jato this Friday how fast are they? Do they go anywhere near as fast as the Traxxas site says? And ahfu I have a GST 7.7 and my lhs just started to stock a few parts for it, but I haven't broken anything on it except the pull start cause as I stated before I didn't read the book on it too good. I bash it as hard as my MGT.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 PM
JUCD VPR

Oh man then get the LST2.
I don;t have mine yet, i'm selling my Savage SS 4.6 on e-bay right now, plus i'm selling the Jato 3.3 and my RS4 soon to off set any additional cost.

The LST2 handles awesome on the track, is it faster then a Revo 3.3? Who knows, some say yes, other say no. It's pretty tough also i've seen some good bashing video's, plus it's a BIG truck also. Not as big as a GST but it's pretty darn big.
Definately one of the top of the line trucks, i'd DEFINATELY buy one over a Revo. There is a review on here on the LST2 and it got almost ALL 5 stars! I'll try to find the link, but i's say you can;t go wrong with the LST2.

The GST would bash harder then an LST2 but a LST2 would tear a GSt up on a track.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: Bigbern

Hey JUCD I am gonna be getting a Jato this Friday how fast are they? Do they go anywhere near as fast as the Traxxas site says? And ahfu I have a GST 7.7 and my lhs just started to stock a few parts for it, but I haven't broken anything on it except the pull start cause as I stated before I didn't read the book on it too good. I bash it as hard as my MGT.
Oh man, no doubt their fast! I'm about to sell mine on e-bay here in a few days, not because i don't like it but just because i REALLY want an LST2. Traxxas claims 65mph and i think it's somewhere close to that, but i can't say for sure because i haven't clocked it! I've had a blast owning it. I bought it last December i think and only ran probably 10-12 tanks through it.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Bigbern

Ahh sweet man I can't wait to get mine. I was gonna buy one today but they didn't have anymore in stock.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:58 AM
CrazyMento

Just order it off e-bay. I bet it's cheaper then you hobby shop anyway. Then get yourself a few replacement parts off e-bay also if you want. Problem solved. It's not like the GST breaks all the time, get a set of A arms, and turnbuckles extra and you should be good. I would definately get a GST before i got a REVO.
agreed completely. Revo is no match for GST.... bashing that is...
Old 04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
ahfu25

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee got the revo!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26326.gif
Views:	27
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	656901