Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I am a newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Athlonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am a newbie!

I am new to the world of R/C world and I am wanting to get into off road racing! My only prob is what to get? I was hopeing to go with an electric setup since a friend of mine gave me alot of stuff for it!

I have a charger and a old Buds racing motor! And lots of batterie paks

But I am not sure what kind of truck to get I really like those t- maxx or the savage but they are all gas powerd.

My big question is "Are there any big 4x4 trucks like the t-maxx that are electric powerd?"

thanks

Athlonman
Old 02-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Krusty

Default I am a newbie!

My suggestion is to start by read ing this forum and use the search function for specific information. Your question(s) have been asked and answered many times before. If you still need additional info that hasn't been already covered, feel free to post your question.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:31 PM
forcelite
My Feedback: (1)

Default I am a newbie!

true that, lets not drag this on, just search for "e-maxx"
Old 02-18-2003, 04:19 AM
SINNER

Default Re: I am a newbie!

[QUOTEMy big question is "Are there any big 4x4 trucks like the t-maxx that are electric powerd?"

thanks

Athlonman [/B][/QUOTE]

Welcome. check these out . they are the most popular and all good quality. Emaxx is dual battery and dual motor lot of aftermarket hopups, Txt1 is a good rock crawler and tough truck, clod is a little outdated but has huge "cult " following and aftermarket. hope this helps

Emaxx http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXVS28**&P=0

Txt 1 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAWE0&P=0

Clod http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGA82&P=0
Old 02-18-2003, 06:05 AM
eddiedeverell

Default I am a newbie!

Sorry about the rudeness of others on here. Welcome!! Check out the Emaxx, it runs on two motors, and needs two batteries. Iam not trying to steer you away from electric, but, also look at the Traxxas Tmaxx, it is nitro powered and one mean truck. Check them both out at traxxas.com
Old 02-18-2003, 08:28 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default I am a newbie!

Welcome to RCU Athlonman!

I own an EMaxx. It's an awesome electric 4x4 Monster Truck. It will literally flip itself over backward from a standstill. It can go about 30+MPH as it has a two speed tranny.

as was mentioned...it takes two battery packs to run it. I use 2 3000 mah nickel metal hydride batteries in mine and I can get around 30 minutes of run time. Of course with electrics....you'll also learn that you don't want to keep running without letting the motors cool down between runs as they can get pretty hot....and as we all know.....HEAT KILLS.

If you decide to get an EMaxx....I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a nice looking truck....great paint job....drives nice....has lots of power....made by Traxxas which has excellent support if it breaks or fails.

Good luck in what ever you decide to buy.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:49 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default I am a newbie!

try going nitro..there is nothing better than the sound of a nitro truck in the morning..and i think nitro trucks are more cheaper or maybe add a couple of bucks and you got nitro..anyway goodluck different types of rigs same amount of fun..happy shopping
Old 02-18-2003, 07:50 PM
badboy2

Default I am a newbie!

i just want to make another post to make it my 100TH post..woohoo
Old 02-18-2003, 09:53 PM
rcidiot728

Default I am a newbie!

well the emaxx is a great truck, but expensive, two 3000 mah batteries is about $150 and if ur like me, dont have that kind of money to spend on a simple battery, plus i dont have a job or anythin so i had to get one for under 300 after battery and charger, so i ended up with a stampede

its not that bad of a truck, but i would love to have a emaxx instead, i will get an emaxx after i get a job
Old 02-18-2003, 10:43 PM
crash_me_over

Default I am a newbie!

rcidiot728

How about a pair of 8.4 V, 3000 mAh NiMH for $49.99.

Or how about 2/ 7.2V 3000mAh RC Car NiMH Batteries+Charger for $39.99.

This is what I pay. Pretty good, eh?
Old 02-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Athlonman

Default Re: Re: I am a newbie!

Thanks sinner!
I have seen thouse trucks before and they are just too expensive for me!

Every nice truck I see they wont lik $300 for it and thats a american! So that works out to $486 for me! plus the border fees!

I am starting to think this hobbies is just to expensize for me! I would love to get into it but Low on the $$$

Originally posted by SINNER
[QUOTEMy big question is "Are there any big 4x4 trucks like the t-maxx that are electric powerd?"

thanks

Athlonman
Welcome. check these out . they are the most popular and all good quality. Emaxx is dual battery and dual motor lot of aftermarket hopups, Txt1 is a good rock crawler and tough truck, clod is a little outdated but has huge "cult " following and aftermarket. hope this helps

Emaxx http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXVS28**&P=0

Txt 1 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAWE0&P=0

Clod http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGA82&P=0 [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 02-19-2003, 03:03 AM
SINNER

Default I am a newbie!

Yeah they are a little pricey, but quality is. If you are completely new maybe lower the sights to something else. Mt's are notoriously expensive. Maybe a traxxas rustler or I think someone else said stampede. Both are availably ready to run or in kit form and while not top end are still good trucks. This is not a bad way to start out and see if you are really in to the hobby. The higher price of the big name rigs is more justifiable if you have set your mind to enjoying this sport/ addiction. Also dont overlook used trucks in your area. Check them over well, but electric trucks are pretty easy to repair and if you don't go race ready can be very reasonable. Good luck and I hope one finds it's way into your home soon.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:31 AM
badboy2

Default I am a newbie!

get a used one from these website or maybe cmo can sell you his emaxx for a cheaper price...hehe
Old 02-19-2003, 07:35 AM
badboy2

Default Re: Re: Re: I am a newbie!

I have seen thouse trucks before and they are just too expensive for me!

Every nice truck I see they wont lik $300 for it and thats a american! So that works out to $486 for me! plus the border fees!

I am starting to think this hobbies is just to expensize for me! I would love to get into it but Low on the $$$

maybe you save more money then by the time you got enough..then buy and this time u can buy the rc you really want not just because its cheap..its because you want it..goodluck
Old 02-19-2003, 07:55 AM
crash_me_over

Default I am a newbie!

Originally posted by badboy2
get a used one from these website or maybe cmo can sell you his emaxx for a cheaper price...hehe

Your such a badboy!

You trying to give my EMaxx away?

Actually....don't laugh.....I may be trading it for some airplanes. Yep....I have other rigs I can drive but my first love of RC is still airplanes. I'll know more tomorrow if the guy really wants to go through with the trade. He's never owned an RC rig before so he's not sure what he's getting into.

I actually already traded one of my airplanes for one of his....and he has others that I think I would enjoy owning.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:25 AM
SINNER

Default I am a newbie!

working on your next victim CMO? I thought you had figured it out by now. GRAVITY SUCKS
Old 02-20-2003, 03:50 AM
forcelite

Default I am a newbie!

badboy2

it is possible to get started for under $200
There are many electrics that are that. I have a jr pro thats a street car but very nice that I will sell for $150, for everything
Old 02-20-2003, 03:55 AM
crash_me_over

Default I am a newbie!

Originally posted by SINNER
working on your next victim CMO? I thought you had figured it out by now. GRAVITY SUCKS

LOL.....I like it when you point out the obvious for me.

How can I keep my reputation (NAME)....if I'm not crashing them over....and over....and over....and over.....POOF....It's gone!
Old 02-20-2003, 03:57 AM
forcelite

Default I am a newbie!

Let me guess crash your retiered. I have seen a bunch of r/c junkies that are retiered and dont mind fixing their stuff all the time,
Old 02-20-2003, 04:04 AM
crash_me_over

Default I am a newbie!

Originally posted by forcelite
Let me guess crash your retiered. I have seen a bunch of r/c junkies that are retiered and dont mind fixing their stuff all the time,
Oh my God!!!! Do I sound that bad???

No...I'm not retired....I WISH I WAS!!!!!

I just enjoy trading this for that when the urge hits.....and it just hit again with the airplanes. I had sold off about 10 airplanes so I could buy several trucks and enjoy this aspect of RC. Now that I have the rigs.....I miss having my airplanes.....so I'm at it again....trying to get them built up again "FOR WHEN I RETIRE".....which I'm afraid is quite a ways off.

Now...where's that rig to trade?
Old 02-20-2003, 04:07 AM
forcelite

Default I am a newbie!

heh, sorry if you took that offensivly
Old 02-20-2003, 04:12 AM
crash_me_over

Default I am a newbie!

Originally posted by forcelite
heh, sorry if you took that offensivly

I think you know me better than that! No offense taken! I was laughing because sometimes I sound like an old geezer. Am I becoming my father?
Old 02-20-2003, 04:14 AM
forcelite

Default I am a newbie!

heh it happens to all of us. Hey do you know if the old trx one way bearing and mounts are the same as the new 2.5's? I asked this in a thread below this just wanted to ask you specificly
Old 02-20-2003, 04:22 AM
crash_me_over

Default I am a newbie!

I do not know for sure. Of course....if you read what Traxxas said about the 2.5....they say it's an all new design. Now....that's what I'm not sure of....if you can use the old trx one way bearing and mounts on it?

Have you checked Traxxas website for specs?
Old 02-20-2003, 04:43 AM
forcelite

Default I am a newbie!

what kind of specs? Measurments and such? I didnt know they post that stuff but Ill look
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.