Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT trans

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:47 PM
wyattroa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT trans

hey guys got a quick question. I just got a new monster gt, i have had one in the past and it was a blast. when going full throttle from a stop the engine just revs and then it kicks in and goes...it seems like the spur gear has to spin about 3 times before engaging the trans..i noticed with the truck off i was able to spin th spur gear with no problem 3 times before it starts to move the tires.... when your just listening it seems as if the mesh of the gears is not there and it just revs up and then wham it takes off. also it doesnt seem to be shifting into second gear to me...i have tried to adjust the shift point but the screw seems like it is almost lock tighted in there. it barely moves. if i remember correctly from my last one i could hear it kick into second gear.. with this one it just revs up and seems like it wants to shift, but never does....any suggestions on what to look for?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
scottywilkes

Default RE: trans

theres 2 screws on the shift hub, DO NOT adjust the silver one, that holds the shift hub onto the 2 speed shaft, if u loosen that u will have to take the tranny apart and re tighten it on there, theres a flat spot that it slots into. The shift screw is the black one, its on a slight angle, its a little hard to find but once u get used to it its easy, same hole, but its the black screw.

About the reving up, i had that problem also, i thought it was the OWB becauase it totally let go on me. I got a new one and it still did it, it has to be something in the reverse mechanism. There must be alot of slop in there, and when it jolts and hits the force on the OWB makes it slip, i got a forward only conversion and have been problem free since.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: trans

I second that, mine did it too, it the way the reverse gear is made, you can either put up with it if you like reverse, or get the FOC, it will make your trans solid, no slip.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Evader ---> MGT

Default RE: MGT trans

I thik it is the OWB. I have the FOC and my tranny slips like that too, just every once in a while when I really hammer it. Change it out, and go to www.rcmart.com and look for the MTA4 One Way Bearing because it's half the price of towerhobbies.