Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Radio update

Old 04-08-2007, 12:04 AM
schlags62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio update

What would be a good radio update for my Warhead, what would I all need?
I want better stuff than this stock equipment but I dont want it to cost me an arm and a leg![sm=48_48.gif]
Old 04-08-2007, 08:40 AM
nkbrisson

Default RE: Radio update

Just look for any 3 channel FM radio, Futaba, Airtronics, JR are all great FM radio's, if you can affrod a bit more then I would go with a DSM, Spectrum makes a good nice unit, you can get them for about 250$ at Horizon Hobby.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:35 AM
SOILWORK

ORIGINAL: nkbrisson

Just look for any 3 channel FM radio, Futaba, Airtronics, JR are all great FM radio's, if you can affrod a bit more then I would go with a DSM, Spectrum makes a good nice unit, you can get them for about 250$ at Horizon Hobby.
I agree with Spektrum. The three channel version comes with 2 servos and a 2nd reciver. Never have to worry about changing crystals or what channels other drivers are using. Great deal for $240-250 price range and it also has a three model memory
Old 04-08-2007, 10:34 AM
89ram

i have a dx2 and i like it. it cost $170. i wish i had the 2nd receiver though, it has a 2 model memory. when i had warheads, i upgraded to traxxas tq3 and hpi radios. one of my warheads had a range of less than 75 feet. atleast i had a failsafe in it so it would just stop. i'd walk towards it 10 feet, then i could regain control and bring it back. i swapped that radio out soon after that and sold the radio for the pair of crystals that a buddy needed.